Conquest End Time Change

NeoBlakkrstal

Is the new end time for Conquest a permanent change? Or was the extension unintended? Up until this week end time had been Monday @ 2pm Eastern. Now, it is Tuesday @ 1pm Eastern. Will this be the end time going forward? Or can we expect it to revert back to it's original end time at some point? Thank you.

which will give only 1 hour "off" time before the following conquest cycle starts up.

which also means....the daily activities you can only do once a day (specific heroics comes to mind) you need to decide if you want to do them at the end of the current conquest Tuesday morning, or save them for the new conquest Tuesday night.

Edited by Darevsool

which will give only 1 hour "off" time before the following conquest cycle starts up.

which also means....the daily activities you can only do once a day (specific heroics comes to mind) you need to decide if you want to do them at the end of the current conquest Tuesday morning, or save them for the new conquest Tuesday night.

lol...good thing they play this game. Such insight into how things work.

lol...good thing they play this game. Such insight into how things work.

heroics was actually a bad example. they don't seem to repeat in sequential conquests.

Finishing up the 5th Vet Flashpoint, on the other hand...

the 3rd MM FP...

there are other things that will be impacted by this.

I don't know whose bright idea this was, but it's terrible for those of us who base certain guild administration on conquest performance. I need to be able to review my guild's performance during the break between events, and I have a job, so logging in during that particular hour isn't feasible.

I don't know whose bright idea this was, but it's terrible for those of us who base certain guild administration on conquest performance. I need to be able to review my guild's performance during the break between events, and I have a job, so logging in during that particular hour isn't feasible.

Yep, this is another totally clueless change without even trying to think things through up to the end (for several other reasons as well as already mentioned by others above) which shows us once more that they don't even play their own game or have any clue about it, beyond newbie knowledge. This is just sad and an ever reoccuring thing...

Edited by Khaleg

Same. We need this change reverted. I need a day of downtime between conquests.

Same here, I'm having to use the last obtained stats from Monday afternoon instead of Tuesday morning which I missed due to the change.

So let me confirm this. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone. So for me Conquest closes at 10:00 am Tues. and that's when I get my weekly stats. Then at 11:00 am Tues. I select the new planet.

Does that sound correct? Thanks everyone :)

So let me confirm this. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone. So for me Conquest closes at 10:00 am Tues. and that's when I get my weekly stats. Then at 11:00 am Tues. I select the new planet.

Not sure tbh.. I still can't figure out when personal conquest resets.. I didn't get to play this last week, but the week before I went 48 hours before the dumb thing reset over the weekend. So many bugs in this game and I'm really getting tired of it all.. About to say screw it.

Correct.

As a casual player, I'm loving this change. I play what I want, when I want. In the past, I generally didn't bother logging in on Monday's because there was no reward available. Now, I can login anyday.

Conquest rewards are still way too low for the effort level, but at least I no longer have to avoid a full day.

Not sure tbh.. I still can't figure out when personal conquest resets.. I didn't get to play this last week, but the week before I went 48 hours before the dumb thing reset over the weekend. So many bugs in this game and I'm really getting tired of it all.. About to say screw it.

Pretty sure the Conquest week ends at 1 PM eastern time zone, so you'd need to have your personal goals met by then. (there is a count down timer in the conquest menu).

Then, an hour later, the next week starts up (at 2 PM eastern time zone).

All of the daily/weekly missions reset at 8 a.m., 5 hours before the conquest week comes to a close.

6 hours before the new conquest week starts.

Pretty sure the Conquest week ends at 1 PM eastern time zone, so you'd need to have your personal goals met by then. (there is a count down timer in the conquest menu).

Then, an hour later, the next week starts up (at 2 PM eastern time zone).

All of the daily/weekly missions reset at 8 a.m., 5 hours before the conquest week comes to a close.

6 hours before the new conquest week starts.

That works then. Pac is 3 hours behind so my times are correct. Thanks everyone. I've reset all my alarms so I shouldn't miss anything now. ;)

So, the way conquest is now, there can be a one-time objective that is a weekly (like a specific op or do 3 vet mode fps or the weekly do the event dailies mission) that you can finish Tuesday after the weekly reset but before the conquest reset. If that happens, you would then not be able to achieve that conquest objective (if it is an event thing) or only in that 5 hour window at the start of the next week (but before the start of the next conquest week)...

How can that be "working as intended"?

It's actually BEEN this way for several months.

When 5.8 launched they moved the conquest start time to 2 PM eastern to help fix a bug.

Anyone could do those weekly quests before 2 PM eastern and they wouldn't count toward the new week's conquest.

The only difference NOW is that there is ONLY a 1 hour gap between old week conquest and new week conquest.

A) If you do the weekly on Tuesday before 1 PM NOW, and if you didn't do the weekly for old conquest yet, you can do it and get credit on the last day.

B) If you did the weekly before Tuesday during old conquest, and you do it again between weekly reset and new conquest...you don't get credit for it at all (you wasted it).

C) If you do the weekly AFTER new conquest starts, you get credit for it like normal.

B is the same today as it was a month ago. It's just a little more obvious now with the 1 hour downtime instead of the 24 hour downtime.

Edited by Darevsool

That's not true for event weeklies, since they will be gone after the regular weekly resets (the event will end and it will be impossible to do event related stuff).

Anyway, it's been nonsensical for a while, it was changed but is still nonsensical, why is that?

This does need some attention paid to it. Guild leadership NEEDS to have time to see what the final conquest gains were by members for the previous contest. We used to have a whole day to do that, now it happens for 1 hour during a time when no one is available.

I can see both sides. I like that we have another day, partly because the conquest gains are between 10x and 20x times too low right now for whatever stupid reason. But guild leadership needs to see what the conquest gains were from the previous contest.

Can we have the best of both worlds and have them add a scores from last contest tab? Basically similar to the who list where it shows name, legacy, conquest total, simply a static report saved and linkable for guild members to see. The report could have another tab to break it down by legacy with total, just to add value.

I feel this is important, without something guilds will stop having contests and stuff for members and participation will drop dramatically.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

• Dev Post
It's actually BEEN this way for several months.

When 5.8 launched they moved the conquest start time to 2 PM eastern to help fix a bug.

Anyone could do those weekly quests before 2 PM eastern and they wouldn't count toward the new week's conquest.

The only difference NOW is that there is ONLY a 1 hour gap between old week conquest and new week conquest.

A) If you do the weekly on Tuesday before 1 PM NOW, and if you didn't do the weekly for old conquest yet, you can do it and get credit on the last day.

B) If you did the weekly before Tuesday during old conquest, and you do it again between weekly reset and new conquest...you don't get credit for it at all (you wasted it).

C) If you do the weekly AFTER new conquest starts, you get credit for it like normal.

B is the same today as it was a month ago. It's just a little more obvious now with the 1 hour downtime instead of the 24 hour downtime.

Hey folks,

Thank you for raising this. Highlighting Darevsool's post as it is a pretty good assessment of my understanding of what is occurring as well (which has been going on since we adjusted Conquest timing). Gonna move this thread to the bug report forum, the team is looking into it. Most likely the Conquest time changing will address the issue, but I will pass on more details as I have them.

-eric

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of others who respectfully request either a) more than an hour between conquest end and conquest start or b) some way for us to track the previous week conquest numbers.

As others have stated, this change makes it very difficult for guild leadership to run contests, give rewards and most importantly, recognize individual players who are contributing above and beyond to conquests.

This does need some attention paid to it. Guild leadership NEEDS to have time to see what the final conquest gains were by members for the previous contest. We used to have a whole day to do that, now it happens for 1 hour during a time when no one is available.

I can see both sides. I like that we have another day, partly because the conquest gains are between 10x and 20x times too low right now for whatever stupid reason. But guild leadership needs to see what the conquest gains were from the previous contest.

Can we have the best of both worlds and have them add a scores from last contest tab? Basically similar to the who list where it shows name, legacy, conquest total, simply a static report saved and linkable for guild members to see. The report could have another tab to break it down by legacy with total, just to add value.

I feel this is important, without something guilds will stop having contests and stuff for members and participation will drop dramatically.

The way I do mine is to take screen prints of the Guild screens with the conquest points in order from highest to lowest. I also print the overall Information screen where the planets are listed. Wouldn't that help you? I also have excel sheets to do most of the work for me. I have a list of names that carries over week to week and I just plug in the conquest points. I can keep track of top 10 of individual and legacy. I can also keep track of two week comparisons to see who's scores are going up or down. Then I publish on our Conquest contest page for everyone to see. [escape.enjin.com]

Uhh everything he said. Yes please.

Yes, anything that can track legacy data would be wonderful. My guild has been trying to work on ways to adjust our contest and rewards for top conquest participants but it has been challenging as all of our leadership is working our full time real life jobs when the reset happens in the middle of a week day (work day) now. There has to be some solution that the 'powers that be' can come up with to help guilds track and maintain this information in a less tedious way.

It is hard enough to keep guild leadership active in a guild due to the buggy guild window, member and officer notes that have to be clicked on over and over in order to type 5 letters and no easy way to track guild participation other than looking at every member one at a time for sometimes hours on end due to filters adjusting, the window bugging out and high membership. I log in to a game when I get home from work, to do more work out of obligation to my guild and to hopefully make the time my members spend online more enjoyable at the expense of my own enjoyment. Much of this is attributed to a guild system that does not think about or support what it takes to maintain a guild in the background.