Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers get phasewalk! And more! Why so quiet now, PVPers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers get phasewalk! And more! Why so quiet now, PVPers?

Lhancelot
10.15.2019 , 11:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
In fact, healing is nerfed so much in 6.0 that classes with a lot of burst like Deception Sin and Operative are able to 1v1 healers successfully, without using interrupts on any healing abilities.
Sounds like fun. If this is true I will be playing dps then.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Monterone
10.15.2019 , 12:26 PM | #22
As a deception player who's played here since Darth Malak, I will seriously quit if this goes through. I do play a sniper too, but I have mained a sin from the beginning.

Sins still don't have an ability to replace the loss of phase walk, meaning they are still one ability behind everyone else. Sins get no new abilities to train for the last 15-20 levels of progress, outside of a skill tree.

And now to take that lost ability, not replace it with anything, and give it to a tank ranged class. Well, it's just beyond stupid and it would absolutely, positively be the last straw for this game.

I hope you do it devs, I need that final straw to finally cut the cord with this game.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Kinsal
10.15.2019 , 02:25 PM | #23
Currently, the sniper class is the training wheels for PVP. Haven't seen a class since bright wizard so out of its root core which is an immobile turret class which was given goodies since it was stationary to whatever abomination it is now. My only guess is that either someone on the dev team or someone on the dev team family plays this class (and yes this has happened before)

Emperor_Cain
10.15.2019 , 04:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
As a deception player who's played here since Darth Malak, I will seriously quit if this goes through. I do play a sniper too, but I have mained a sin from the beginning.

Sins still don't have an ability to replace the loss of phase walk, meaning they are still one ability behind everyone else. Sins get no new abilities to train for the last 15-20 levels of progress, outside of a skill tree.

And now to take that lost ability, not replace it with anything, and give it to a tank ranged class. Well, it's just beyond stupid and it would absolutely, positively be the last straw for this game.

I hope you do it devs, I need that final straw to finally cut the cord with this game.
This is more what I meant when I said "as a Shadow this hurts my soul". I'm not sure exactly how competitive Shadows will be in 6.0, but regardless it makes zero sense to not return this ability to us, but give it to snipers. Even if you're not giving it back to Shadows, there are other classes that could use a disengagement ability like this long before snipers. I'd love to hear the thinking behind this.

Seterade
10.15.2019 , 05:55 PM | #25
its the opposite of holo traverse so logicaly in the devs eyes, phantom stride and phase walk sorc/sin worked so well. Just be glad dps pt doesnt have one to give them an excuse to give it to mercs.

TrixxieTriss
10.15.2019 , 09:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
its the opposite of holo traverse so logicaly in the devs eyes, phantom stride and phase walk sorc/sin worked so well. Just be glad dps pt doesnt have one to give them an excuse to give it to mercs.
How about give it Maras instead

They are still the only class that has no self healing ability

Raansu
10.16.2019 , 12:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
sniper phase walk while useful, and while will get used isnt a threat.
You're joking right? We're talking about a class that is immune to leaps, with entrench basically always being available for stun immunity, 10m stun, roots, rolls, knockbacks and able to reset roll/knockback CD and now they are getting phase walk......not a threat my ***, come on man. This class also can kite like no other with its buffs coming out of cover.

They have so much to keep you away that at this point having a leap immunity is ridiculous. It made sense back in the day because they were glass cannons. That is not the case anymore. They have been over buffed all in the name to make them viable in solo ranked.

allexj
10.16.2019 , 01:00 PM | #28
Sin/Shadows will be strong in 6.0.

I seen your notes for dps sins, but I see nothing for tank sins. Do you have an wisdom for them? Dps gear per usual?
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

Jinre_the_Jedi
10.16.2019 , 03:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
I seen your notes for dps sins, but I see nothing for tank sins. Do you have an wisdom for them? Dps gear per usual?
Tanks got nerfed defensively and they are now the worst of the 3 PvP tanks from a damage perspective.

However, something that can't be overlooked for Sin/Shadow of all specs is the ability to swap tacticals because we can leave combat via Force Cloak. That's REALLY strong. Allow me to explain:

Assassin's can start an Arena with the tactical: Two Cloaks - Force Cloak has 2 charges

After using one of the charges to stealth, you can then have another tactical on your hot bar and use a hotkey to take off Two Cloaks tactical and equip a new one. This will take Force Cloak off of the charge system and leave you with 1 Force Cloak that is *not* on Cooldown, meaning you can essentially gain the benefit of Two Cloaks tactical without having to have it equipped for the entire arena round. This then lets you equip another powerful tactical, like Life Warden, which heals you to full HP after falling below 20% HP, similar to Kolto on mercs/powertechs.

If you then have to use your remaining Force Cloak after getting burnt through Life Warden, guess what, you drop combat again, meaning you can equip a third tactical, such as: Friend of the Force - Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding.

Stealth classes will have the ability to use multiple tacticals per round which is HUGE considering how game changing some of these tacticals are. Other classes can't do this since they can't guarantee that they'll go out of combat, the only class that could probably also do this is Maruader/Sents when they Camo out and run away.

This means that while some classes will be stuck wearing a Life Warden tactical that is on a 10 minute cooldown after use for the rest of combat, essentially wasting an equipment slot that gives no effect after it's been triggered, stealth classes can continue to benefit from really powerful tactical gear at a whims notice.

So yea, sin tanks took a hit, but they can also do something that the other two tanks can't, which is swap between really powerful pieces of equipment at a moment's notice.

JediMasterAlex
10.16.2019 , 03:43 PM | #30
Stealth classes will have the ability to use multiple tacticals per round which is HUGE considering how game changing some of these tacticals are.
Yeah...I know sins have been near the bottom of the meta for a while but I don't think this is a good solution. Bioware better be able to fix this before Season 12.

Imagine ops being able to use multiple tacticals like this...they're hard enough to kill now.