Tired of Qyzen Fess, next companion?

Tugglife

when you do all the quests and instances on the way you will be more like lvl 26 when you unlock him. he also does little dmg and his healing also feels week, so it was back to qyzen at least for me ;)

am I the only one who feels that we got shafted when if comes to compaions?

when you do all the quests and instances on the way you will be more like lvl 26 when you unlock him. he also does little dmg and his healing also feels week, so it was back to qyzen at least for me ;)

Not necessarily. Fess is a beast IF you take the time to gear him up and by far the best companion for a Sage (I even have some epics on him that I couldn't use and he can basically solo strong mobs now). Similarly Theran can be invaluable for Shadows and basically for Sages too, when questing in a hub that you have to share with imps. The rest serve their purpose, mostly when you want to do heroic quests and don't have a full group, so you can sub with whatever is needed at the time.

Edited by Tristanian

For Sages, I found Theran to be completely useless. I could see him being good for a shadow.

You are pretty much stuck with Qyzen until you get Zenith which won't be till mid to late thirties. Even then, most Sages still stick with Qyzen because using Zenith requires changing a playstyle you've been doing for 35 levels. It's easy to die with Zenith out if you make a mistake during the fight since you are both squishy high damage characters. That being said, Zenith kills stuff SOOO much faster than Qyzen, so your xp/hour will go up dramatically if you master him.

Hint: Turn off his AE abilities, they suck.

After that you'll get another companion that is just a ranged version of Qyzen and then finally, at like 42-45ish, you'll get a fun companion in Nadia. I'm still not sure if she is more effective than Zenith though.

As a Tele Sage, for me, Qyen works perfectly for completing all solo content, including all +2 heroics. Theran feels very weak and I can't sustain long fights with Zenith.

Once I get Iresso I start using him but only because I want a change of pace from Qyzen. I have not gotten to Nadia yet because my highest Sage in beta was 43. But if she is a tank at all she will be my next choice, but she sounds almost like a Shadow DPS spec, similar to Kira for the Knight.

Edited by GamewizX

Tharen is better by far. Extra CC, more dps. Just start off fights with shield up and he won't spend the whole fight healing you. Tharen is your succubus, Qyz your voidwalker. I honestly don't know what people are doing wrong in order to have to use Qyz. Seriously. Edited by stickyricky

Tharen is better by far. Extra CC, more dps. Just start off fights with shield up and he won't spend the whole fight healing you. Tharen is your succubus, Qyz your voidwalker. I honestly don't know what people are doing wrong in order to have to use Qyz. Seriously.

It's because the dps and heals that Tharen puts out is rather small in comparison to your own. Specced Telekinetics I can dps all of the mobs down while I just keep Qyzen shielded.

Since I can keep Qyzen alive, even as a DPS, he fullfills the tank role. If you have Tharen out you effectively have no tank for the longer heroic boss fights or for hard pulls in +2 heroics.

In normal content might as well have whomever you want out... it really doesn't make that much of a difference. But for the harder content, one of the tank companions is the better way to go.

Do you get Theran from doing the main class story quests, or is he a side quest? I ask because I generally don't do any of the side quests(I stick to main quests, PvP, flashpoints, heroics, space missions).

If he is attained in a side quest, can anyone tell me which one it is so that I don't miss it? Thanks.

Qyzen is just super slow to react in combat for me unless I micro manage him which I don't want to have to do. I want my companion to speak basic and I want to feel some sort of connection with them. "I kill for scorekeeper. I like Yuon. She accept me as person." Blah.

My buddy with a 17 sentinel rolls up with a cool jedi companion chick and I whip out my ugly lizard with the funky eyeball.

As a healer, I find Tharen useless. I can out DPS him as well as out heal him. He dies way to quickly to tank much of anything. I feel I might be stuck with Qyzen for most of my time. Luckily we get along ok.

Still waiting on someone to say whether Theran is attained through the main story quest or a side quest on Nar Shadaa.

He is acquired through the class quest on Nar Shadaa.

Edited by Rochlin

Still waiting on someone to say whether Theran is attained through the main story quest or a side quest on Nar Shadaa.

As posted above, you get him as part of the storyline quest. All companions you get come from finishing a storyline quest on specific planets. Usually, you get them as a "guest" and have to complete that storyline quest with them. Then you are directed to head back to your ship where you will interact with them and they become a part of your crew.

As a Jedi DPS sage, I have used Qyzen up to level 44 now. If he is geared correctly, he can tank anything, as long as you bubble him and throw a heal at him, when needed. During beta, I leveled 2 healing Sages up to 47, and used him always. I could even solo champions with him as a healer, something I find I cannot do with the DPS spec, at least at even con levels.

Now that I picked up Nadia, I will see how she fares. She appears to be a Shadow tank. Just need to upgrade her gear and let her loose.

you know what's pathetic? Not only does inquisitor get khem val who uses vibroswords meaning - you can get him modded weapons

but he uses strength heavy armor. that means you can be synthweaving and gear yourself and your companion. he charges in instead of walks slowly and hops 2 feet like fess. this is night and day even though it should be the same.

why is fess so hosed? why did they give such advantages to the sith side? it's bad enough most of their abilities land instantly whereas sage all have travel times but this is disgustingly annoying.

remember how the old consular char page wasn't finished? and remember how consular got their progression video only like 2 weeks before Early access? something tells me consular wasn't finished.

Edited by Corran