Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

Lhancelot
08.23.2019 , 12:28 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
You obviously had some very poor luck. I wasn't there. All I can do is tell you about my much more extensive experience. I have played hundreds, maybe thousands not sure, of matches in the last year. I've probably personally witnessed wintrading in like 2% of those matches. Wintrading is still a serious issue, especially as it affects the top 3 rewards, but it still only happens a small fraction of the time. Players leaving matches is similarly rare.

You seriously can't see how flawed basing your entire opinion of ranked on playing for one week is? It's such a tiny sample size.

Also remember, I never said ranked players are all wonderful people. There are certainly some bad ones. But most are just playing the game normally. The vast majority of solo ranked matches you zone into the match, someone calls a strat, you play the game, say gg at the end, that's it. Maybe if someone really ****s up someone might say something mildly "toxic." That's just part of any online game. There is no "toxicity" issue in solo ranked.
Alex, I have put in thousands of hours into PVP and over the years I have always played solo ranked.

The last time I played was the worst I had ever seen it, a few months ago. I started out writing names down of players who I knew were dropping matches, and it was happening so much i just quit altogether it was truly not worth the frustration.

I take my experience of the past as well as the most recent and judge solo ranked off that... Sure, there were some shenanigans going on in the past too, but my last experience in solo ranked was so much worse.

Exactly how has solo ranked improved, I mean you didn't answer that question.

Are you telling me that you believe now and in the past on average if you had to guess maybe 2% of solo ranked matches are compromised by shady player behavior?

I can tell you even years ago, solo ranked had more BS going on than this and unless some systemic changes have been made by BW I feel confident my opinion that solo ranked is still filled full of toxic and/or shady players manipulating matches for ELO.

As far as I know nothing has changed in the past few months, so exactly how did the culture of solo ranked become so chivalrous and family friendly?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

JediMasterAlex
08.23.2019 , 01:11 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
As far as I know nothing has changed in the past few months, so exactly how did the culture of solo ranked become so chivalrous and family friendly?
When did I ever say it had become anything close to "chivalrous and family friendly?" I've said nothing of the sort. Swtor ranked is competitive pvp, with all that comes with it. Just because "toxicity" isn't a significant problem doesn't mean that everyone is always nice and happy.

And I would agree that nothing has changed. Solo ranked is as it has always been. There was just as much "toxicity" back in season 1 as there is now. You just a had a string of bad luck, probably also combined with some paranoia regarding "shady" behavior.

Mannok
08.23.2019 , 01:13 PM | #243
SWToR PvP is very Toxic for a Reason. Toxic PvP is the norm btw. So Very toxic PvP isn't that bad . Soccer Players' worth their money are 9/10 verbally abusive. This is part of any "Sport" so why bother? SWToR Players have had bad PvP Experiences due to PvP being 1/2 - 3/4 of games being "We Chain-Stun this guy and make this guy unable to react to any DMG received for 8 secs" and "Kill Him with ZERO Effort". Even tho humans only have 0,15 - 0,4 s reaction times. So 7,6 seconds later and still unable to react… "Good players a still bored to `Death´ with Waste of Game-Play".

So a "God-Like" player in swtor will get killed and globalled like anyone else in a 8s Chain-Stun. Even the worst Two PvP Players global the best 1% of players ignoring their "Rank 1 - aka no-body" PvP players.

Ignore Chat if you are too sensitive imho. Use /ignore as Bioware get 90% of their money from currently active PvP players.. as /"Some Players" can only play 5 matches per week…
/Delete

Zurules
08.23.2019 , 01:20 PM | #244
That's interesting. I wondered where his constant pounding of telling people they aren't qualified to comment on toxicity in solo ranked came from.

it wouldn't be so bad if it was actually true, but everyone he tells this to actually does have experience, particularly in solo ranked and they are quite aware of the truth of the matter which is toxicity does exist in ranked.
As long as anyone has experience themselves in something, their opinion can be considered. You don't need to agree with it, but you can respect that they have their own point of view.

The only reason i decided to actually jump in this thread is because he decided to use my argument (incorrectly in the sense that the people he says have no voice are people who have experience) against others when back in our other thread on solo vs group ranked, i used this exact argument vs him. The difference is when i say it, its just random meaningless bable bable to him and when he uses it (incorrectly), he thinks he is right.

I won't stand for his misuse of my argument here.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

JediMasterAlex
08.23.2019 , 01:24 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
As long as anyone has experience themselves in something, their opinion can be considered. You don't need to agree with it, but you can respect that they have their own point of view.

The only reason i decided to actually jump in this thread is because he decided to use my argument (incorrectly in the sense that the people he says have no voice are people who have experience) against others when back in our other thread on solo vs group ranked, i used this exact argument vs him. The difference is when i say it, its just random meaningless bable bable to him and when he uses it (incorrectly), he thinks he is right.

I won't stand for his misuse of my argument here.
To compare the incoherent nonsense you used in those other threads to my arguments here is comical. You never made an effective argument against me in those threads. It truly was just babble. It had no connection to what I was arguing because my arguments never relied on having personal group ranked experience (even though I do have some personal group ranked experience lol). Your reading comprehension is still poor I see.

foxmob
08.23.2019 , 01:38 PM | #246
All of this would be true if the matches were not flooded with cheats, wintrades, match droppers, queue dodgers, and whatever else ways people can manipulate their ELO.
I feel the need to pump the brakes on you here. most of my 500+ matches on SF did not include any of that. most of the ppl who drop intentionally do so b/c they're going to lose (already lost badly the first round) and are frustrated - not because they're throwing the match.

the most noticeable form of queue manipulation is queuing as tank or heal then declining the pop to help the other tank/healer raise his rating b/c the person who backfills for you may not even be a heal/tank.

the toxicity in ranked -- the part that makes it worse than any other form of pvp -- is that you don't get to choose your teammates, and the teams are built by the matchmaker in a way that pairs players of vastly disparate skill levels together. this results in a lot of frustration and often causes players to lash out. there's not excuse for harassment, but there is an underlying reason that has literally nothing to do with queue manipulation, hacking, etc.
Krack

JediMasterAlex
08.23.2019 , 01:57 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I feel the need to pump the brakes on you here. most of my 500+ matches on SF did not include any of that. most of the ppl who drop intentionally do so b/c they're going to lose (already lost badly the first round) and are frustrated - not because they're throwing the match.

the most noticeable form of queue manipulation is queuing as tank or heal then declining the pop to help the other tank/healer raise his rating b/c the person who backfills for you may not even be a heal/tank.

the toxicity in ranked -- the part that makes it worse than any other form of pvp -- is that you don't get to choose your teammates, and the teams are built by the matchmaker in a way that pairs players of vastly disparate skill levels together. this results in a lot of frustration and often causes players to lash out. there's not excuse for harassment, but there is an underlying reason that has literally nothing to do with queue manipulation, hacking, etc.
Correct. Maybe coming from you he'll actually believe it.

Raansu
08.23.2019 , 02:27 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
Yes i agree so if somebody acts like a tard ques as a healer and get's globalled in 5sec he should be prepared to get toxed out/vote to kicked out of team till he gets better.
And he never comes back while you will be over there scratching your head wondering why you're only fighting the same 4 people every match.

EnzoForMe
08.23.2019 , 03:11 PM | #249
All of this would be true if the matches were not flooded with cheats, wintrades, match droppers, queue dodgers, and whatever else ways people can manipulate their ELO.

Seeing that ELO hardly reflects anyone's actual skill in the game your suggestions are reasonable and logical but inapplicable with the present scoring system.

If only the ELO scoring system reflected actual skill levels of the players, and was attributed only by way of the player's own success/failures or that of teams with legit players on them who all try to win.

If you play ranked, you know ELO is a joke and most definitely does not indicate most people's skill levels accurately.
ELO is one indicator of skill, certainly not the whole story.

Two statements are simultaneously true:

1.) Skilled players will have high ELO if they decide to queue enough, despite all the headwinds you brought up.

2.) Not all players with high ELO are skilled, especially in group ranked

My experience holding the #1 spot in solo ranked across multiple seasons for my class (and in s-10, all classes) tells me that those who blame their shortcomings on others are typically below average, or way below average players. Their performance could improve dramatically if they put in the time and reflect on where their gaps are.

I always drop points each season to throwers, people that leave the match, etc as does every other player in the queue. This is not a valid reason for low ELO in solo ranked.

Being a meme in solo ranked (as is the OP's experience) has nothing to do with ELO. If your skill level is within the norm for a silver tier dps player which is an incredibly low bar, (know your dcds, put out passable numbers, follow a kill order) the insults and toxicity go way down in my experience. That is within his control, which is my point. You don't have to be a great player to know the fundamentals of your class and how to carry your weight in solo ranked.
Caprica <Lethal Dose 50> <The Crushers>
S-3 S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper
S-2 S-8 S-10 #1 Solo Gunslinger/Sniper

Flamenfrom
08.23.2019 , 03:19 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
And he never comes back while you will be over there scratching your head wondering why you're only fighting the same 4 people every match.
And that's a good thing ,if he can't do basic things required in ranked he shouldn't be playing that game mode.
Low population of ranked is not because of toxicity it has to do more with bad matchmaking,thrower and botters.