Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
08.23.2019 , 06:17 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
And that's a good thing ,if he can't do basic things required in ranked he shouldn't be playing that game mode.
Low population of ranked is not because of toxicity it has to do more with bad matchmaking,thrower and botters.
The irony of your post....

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.23.2019 , 06:43 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
The irony of your post....
Exactly.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 08:18 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Why are you guys toxicly arguing with JMA?

Puzzling.
I don’t believe my discussions with him have been toxic. I think we’ve both been very cordial to each other even though we disagree an many points.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 08:20 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
Yes i agree so if somebody acts like a tard ques as a healer and get's globalled in 5sec he should be prepared to get toxed out/vote to kicked out of team till he gets better.
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
And he never comes back while you will be over there scratching your head wondering why you're only fighting the same 4 people every match.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
And that's a good thing ,if he can't do basic things required in ranked he shouldn't be playing that game mode.
Low population of ranked is not because of toxicity it has to do more with bad matchmaking,thrower and botters.
This is a prime example of the terrible attitudes in solo ranked towards other players. Thank you for demonstrating first hand the toxic attitude that can exist in solo ranked

Flamenfrom's Avatar


Flamenfrom
08.24.2019 , 05:22 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is a prime example of the terrible attitudes in solo ranked towards other players. Thank you for demonstrating first hand the toxic attitude that can exist in solo ranked
What you call 'toxic' i call common sense, and it seems like i am in majority.
If you want to focus your attention on something productive turn your gaze to throwing and wintrading.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.24.2019 , 08:41 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
What you call 'toxic' i call common sense, and it seems like i am in majority.
If you want to focus your attention on something productive turn your gaze to throwing and wintrading.
How do you figure you’re in the majority? I can see 3 other people on this page who have expressed a similar sentiment to what I wrote.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.24.2019 , 09:44 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I don’t believe my discussions with him have been toxic. I think we’ve both been very cordial to each other even though we disagree an many points.
He seems to lack the acuity to carry on a decent conversation about this topic so he has to ride the coattails of Alex and let him do the talking for him. All he can do is support Jedi Al with sprinklings of salt and angsty comments.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
08.25.2019 , 02:14 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
What you call 'toxic' i call common sense, and it seems like i am in majority.
If you want to focus your attention on something productive turn your gaze to throwing and wintrading.
Don't feed the All-Star Forum Troll Squad, a lot of the posters in this thread spend the majority of their time on the forums and not playing. Thus you can see a bit of a disconnect in regards to what people considered to be key gameplay issues between some people who contribute a lot of posts in this thread (and most others) and people who post more rarely cause they spend their time playing the game.

Nothing wrong with paying a subscription to mostly spend time and post on the forums tho, just not my cup of tea.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.25.2019 , 03:22 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
He seems to lack the acuity to carry on a decent conversation about this topic so he has to ride the coattails of Alex and let him do the talking for him. All he can do is support Jedi Al with sprinklings of salt and angsty comments.
I generally take these silly forums pretty lightly, but you seem to be purposefully trying to poke me lately. Being passive aggressive is a form of toxicity too.

I couch everything I say behind "I think" or "from my experience." Therefore, FROM MY EXPERIENCE on Star Forge, solo ranked is far less toxic than it used to be in the 2.x and 3.x era on garbinger and shadowlands, but there are still jerks out there. IN MY EXPERIENCE, cheating is not rampant, but it does exist, and is more prevalent with dead queues.

The reason ranked is dead-ish is because this season has gone on for too long. Guess what? When the devs announce the actual expansion date, and end of this season, there will be a huge uptick in ranked pops. Players will put in a last ditch effort to get one more ranked tier.

It was brought up in the past -- in other threads -- that mat farmers are a huge part of the queue. From those threads, there seem to be mixed feelings about mat farmers -- i.e. quantity vs quality matches. But now with Guild Conquests so easy, the mats are no longer difficult to obtain. Thus mat farmers no longer queue ranked.

BW is not going to have an in game police force. Hell, they can barely put out content. There are jerks in every game type, from flashpoints, to GF operations, to reg warzones, and ranked arenas. Why are we singling out ranked? I think some folks are confusing a few salty people in Imp-side gen chat as the majority, or the norm. Imp side gen chat is notoriously angry and foul. Why don't you look there instead?

Sometimes competition gets very intense. Each person reacts differently. It starts with you. Set the example. If you get yelled at, don't assume they are wrong because they are salty with you. It's not just the person yelling at you, it's how you react to it. Sometimes just letting someone vent is the best course of action, just like in life.

The problem with these forums, and the internet in general, is that people discuss and form a consensus in a bubble. They may not even know anything about the topic being discussed, but they make sure everyone knows that they have an opinion.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 09:44 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I generally take these silly forums pretty lightly, but you seem to be purposefully trying to poke me lately. Being passive aggressive is a form of toxicity too.

The problem with these forums, and the internet in general, is that people discuss and form a consensus in a bubble. They may not even know anything about the topic being discussed, but they make sure everyone knows that they have an opinion.
You can't jump into the thread adding troll remarks, then jump out and back in and play the victim to "toxic passive aggressiveness" and expect people to not respond accordingly.

It's nothing personal, but when you do the exact same thing as me, I just can't help but think to myself, "pot meet kettle." You literally typed troll posts, then 3 pages later are decrying I am writing troll posts, lol. You know what they say about the kitchen, right?

I told you honestly I take nothing personal on these forums, and i honestly feel that you have the capacity to add posts worth reading but in this thread you have had your fun and that's ok, too. Just don't expect to eat your cake and have it too.

Your other point I think is interesting. You view people expressing their opinions on the forums as a "problem" because you feel their opinion means nothing and that's actually the problem here. Aren't we all expressing our own individual thoughts here, and isn't it natural to disagree or think others are wrong?

I view it as normal and part of discussions... That's how you avoid "consensus bubbles" as you call it, by thinking and reading thoughts and ideas on the same topic by other people.

Whether we think it's true, real, accurate or not, it's up to the consuming reader to cross reference information, and if possible experience what is being discussed for themselves to come to their own conclusions.

As for 2.0-3.0, I had more fun during that time in regs, in lowbies, in ranked, the game as a whole was more enjoyable then. Lowbies was actually thriving then. Ranked had trash talkers, but I did not run into overwhelming amounts of match droppers while finding it impossible to get a string of good games together, which is what happened months ago while playing solo ranked.

Is ranked better now, at this very second? Some say yes, others no... You say yes. Not everyone says yes, though. I will go with my past experience, even when told by Jedi Al my experience was a complete aberration and totally not a true reflection of ranked games during that period of time, but what should I go on? My personal experience, or what another gamer tells me I ought to have experienced?

In my book, 7-8 days of participation in a game mode that's wrought with cheaters and compromised games is more than enough for me to drop the game mode and not play it.

I didn't quit solo anked a few months ago because toxic tells or chat upset me, I quit because the toxic mode as a whole with me failing to have fun due to cheaters ruined the matches for me. A week or so of time is plenty of time to determine for me that the mode is/was broken and garbage.

I think this topic for years has been discussed ad nauseum TBH. You know, dead horse beaten. Thing is, ranked as a whole, PVP as whole has grown less and less enjoyable for me. The forums are a place to express this feeling, whether it's agreed upon or not.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.