Must I have all my materials in my inventory to craft an item?

geoffreykhchen

Okay!

So even though I have been playing this game for a month (due to the fact that I love SW) I am still relatively new to this game, because I'd thought that they would have it for XBOX 360 as well (silly me!!><). However I can never access my online manual for some reason and I have been dying to ask this question for quite some time now.

It may be a stupid question to some but here goes: I have collected lots of materials from my characters from their crew skills - scavenging, archeology, underworld trading etc. - and it is filling up my inventory space, but if I store it some place I'm afraid I can't craft anything at all. Do I really have to have these materials with me, in my inventory in order for me to start crafting something from armormech, Armstech, Synthweaving etc?

Thanks a lot. Would appreciate an answer. :(

keep in mind that if you reverse engineer items, the resulting mats will end up in your inventory and not the cargo hold.

Cody that! Thanks a lot! I rarely reverse engineer things and end up selling stuff quite often....hmm but now that you mention it, maybe I should reverse engineer my stuff just a little bit more often.. In any case your advise was very helpful and appreciated.. Thanks.

There's still a lot of stuff for me to learn in this game since I'm relatively new to MMOs. Read, watched and played Star Wars since I was a child but this is all still fresh in my system, if u know what I mean.

I still don't know how the legacy system really works among with many other things that I don't know as well. I figured that I would learn it through time and experice while playing the game.

I'm already trying to do the impossible given my status to get a Pureblood Sith Republic Vanguard and a Jedi Sentinel. Lolz. :D

So far so good. Still got a ways to go with my commando.

i've got a pure blood vanguard, lol.

as far as the legacy system goes, think of it as a big family/clan/fellowship/whatever that all your toons in that particular server are a part of. mostly what the legacy is used for is unlocking convenience skills/buffs/etc. that make life easier for your alts. some of the unlocks (rocket boots, mailbox on your ship, etc.) are legacy wide, meaning that it will apply to all toons on the server. but some legacy unlocks need to be unlocked per toon (exp boosts, legacy speeder piloting, field repair droid, etc.). there are other perks that you can get from your legacy such as stat boosts rewarded for every companion whose quests you've fully completed, and race unlocks.

hopefully, that gives you a basic understanding.

Edited by happysister