REing earpieces at 50, can't get a purple

nezitx

I've crafted and reverse engineered probably 50+ blue top level ear pieces in an attempt to get a purple version. I'm starting to get paranoid that there is a bug or something and I've wasted all these materials.

Any success stories?

I'm actually really curious on this. I've reverse engineered 50+ level 50 green vibroknives and not even gotten a blue. Is it even possible to reverse engineer max level items for better recipes?

I've heard a lot of rumors from people that the blue vibroknife schematics are actually bugged, but I haven't heard anything about ear pieces.

EDIT: As corgashan just said :p

Edited by Kriotic

I can't speak about earpieces, but I RE'd a level 49 implant and got an artifact recipe after about 30 tries. Also, around 30 more tries later I have yet to find another one. I know its possible but it seems to be a single digit percentage so the name of the game is try, try again.

I can't speak about earpieces, but I RE'd a level 49 implant and got an artifact recipe after about 30 tries. Also, around 30 more tries later I have yet to find another one. I know its possible but it seems to be a single digit percentage so the name of the game is try, try again.

I figured :( The thing that has me really worried is that of the 5 possible stats that will be coming with this purple, I really only want 1 of them. 2 are "okay" and 2 are useless to me. Awesome RE sticky guide at the top! Everyone should read that.

Same here, took like 20 hours of solid crafting and re-ing but i finally got a purp earpice. Was a junk one with shield + crit. So im repeating the process.

FYI the stats are worse than corelia proto boxes.

The Centurion/battlemaster gear > corelia drops.

Really, crafting isnt worth it, esp cybertech.

#1. Speeders are bound, cant sell them.

#2. Earpieces get replaced

#3. Level 50 ship upgrades are sic, but who does space missions at 50? nobody.

#4: Droid parts. Crit the blues without too much trouble, what droid companions are worth it? All are ranged tanks. You want a melee dps/charge+root companion. Your class healer > ship droid. Even HK will be lackluster i think.

#5 Mods and armoring are easily replaced by corelia eq/champ/cent eq. Their only function will be to.... ummm. No. never used it. Even when leveling.

+++: Grenades. Require a rare crystal. Not from mission skill for level 50 consumables from vendor recipies. May be able to crit a blue to byass, havent tested. But an aoe stun is alwasy gonna rock.

To answer your question. Its not bugged, just a really low chance. Really low. lower than previous levels and lower than other eq. Ditch cybertech after you have a grenade/speeder. pickup slicing, buy whatever you need.

• 3 weeks later...
Same here, took like 20 hours of solid crafting and re-ing but i finally got a purp earpice. Was a junk one with shield + crit. So im repeating the process.

FYI the stats are worse than corelia proto boxes.

The Centurion/battlemaster gear > corelia drops.

Really, crafting isnt worth it, esp cybertech.

#1. Speeders are bound, cant sell them.

#2. Earpieces get replaced

#3. Level 50 ship upgrades are sic, but who does space missions at 50? nobody.

#4: Droid parts. Crit the blues without too much trouble, what droid companions are worth it? All are ranged tanks. You want a melee dps/charge+root companion. Your class healer > ship droid. Even HK will be lackluster i think.

#5 Mods and armoring are easily replaced by corelia eq/champ/cent eq. Their only function will be to.... ummm. No. never used it. Even when leveling.

+++: Grenades. Require a rare crystal. Not from mission skill for level 50 consumables from vendor recipies. May be able to crit a blue to byass, havent tested. But an aoe stun is alwasy gonna rock.

To answer your question. Its not bugged, just a really low chance. Really low. lower than previous levels and lower than other eq. Ditch cybertech after you have a grenade/speeder. pickup slicing, buy whatever you need.

Do blue schems give multiple different versions of the purple version?

It took me over 100 tries to get my first purple lvl 49 earpiece. I was going crazy, I was questioning whether it was bugged, I was hating every single one I spent 10k on just to RE into 2 scavenging materials. Once I finally saw that recipe I was so excited until I realized that the amount of credits I spent getting it meant I would need to sell over 50 until I started making a profit.

Of course being the crafting addict that I am, I soon wanted another earpiece and have set out trying to get that. I'm 35 REs in right now and no luck yet. It's very hard, knowing every earpiece you make is taking mats away from something you could actually sell and make a profit off of, but I guess thats the obsessive crafters downfall :(

I think the proc rate should be lowered quite a bit, but I guess they want the higher level items to be even more rare :/

From my experiences, I believe that as item level increases, the RE chance decreases. I have made 1 top end earring thus far. Fervor Immortality Relay. This RE'd from a blue critical immortality relay resulting in a double stacking of crit.

59 Endurance

50 Willpower

40 Accuracy

69 Crit

29 Alacrity

RNG still play a huge roll in this process. For some as posted above, 100+ tries. For me it was maybe 10-20.

I've probably RE'd nearly 200 ear-pieces and gotten three patterns.

Two of which are Leadership, with +presence.

They need to remove that garbage from the game. Those where absolute wasted criticals on my part. It's enough to make you sick. Why can't they at least put a shred of intelligence into the possible patterns you can get?

So, basically, I've RE'd 175+ pieces for one usable recipe. That's screwed up.