Does this sound fishy?

Tikigod_

So on my server, there is a player who has listed 8 full stacks of Ultrachrome (Grade 6 Researched Compound). That's 792 of an artifact material. He also is using a fair bit of Ultrachrome with a high amount of 49-50 level weapons also listed on the GTN.

Now this player may just plat a lot, but that level of that material he has on hand just seems crazy considering the time needed to run missions and cost of those missions at that tier.

Does this seem odd to anyone else? If anyone has some math to substantiate all the material, I would love to hear it.

Even with alts, this seems to be a monumental task to do. First you have the leveling of Investigation to near 400 on several characters. Good chunk of money there. Then there's the running of all those missions to get 800 units of Ultrachrome.

Considering that you don't always get purples, even on rich, that's a ton of missions to run.

This is actually fairly easy to accomplish.

1) Make a ton of credits.

2) Buy all the Ultrachrome on the GTN.

3) Report most of it for a slightly higher price than the highest price you bought it for.

4) Regularly check the GTN. If someone undercuts you, buy it up. Repost it at your regular price.

After a bit, you'll be making tons of credits and will have plenty of Ultrachrome yourself to use in recipes.

I think the previous poster hit the nail on the head. We have no idea how much ultrachrome this person actually made themselves, they could just be buying it up to resell at a higher price...

Buy low, sell high. The fact that this individual seems to have a monopoly on the ultrachrome seems a bit crazy though.

This is actually fairly easy to accomplish.

1) Make a ton of credits.

2) Buy all the Ultrachrome on the GTN.

3) Report most of it for a slightly higher price than the highest price you bought it for.

4) Regularly check the GTN. If someone undercuts you, buy it up. Repost it at your regular price.

After a bit, you'll be making tons of credits and will have plenty of Ultrachrome yourself to use in recipes.

This is exactly how I became a quadzillionaire in WoW. I would post at 4 times + what it was originally being sold for. Double my money?? nuts to that lets quadruple it.

ALSO IMPORTANT: BUY ON WEEKDAYS SELL ON WEEKENDS!

Most Ironic part is I did it will mid range crafting mats namely Mithril and Thorium because nearly EVERY crafting skill had to use a fair amount of both to level up for the endgame bonuses (Gems,Slots,etc)

*NOTE* No I did't do this all the time. I only caught on about halfway through WotLK and after a few weeks had so much gold I would never need again so stopped.

Edited by WutsInAName

ALSO IMPORTANT: BUY ON WEEKDAYS SELL ON WEEKENDS!

This is backwards. Weekends are when people place tons of materials on the broker, undercutting each other.

Buy the lower ones up and repost them on Tuesday at a much higher price. Items are much more scarce during the week. I never list anything for sale on the weekends due to the lower prices.

This is backwards. Weekends are when people place tons of materials on the broker, undercutting each other.

Buy the lower ones up and repost them on Tuesday at a much higher price. Items are much more scarce during the week. I never list anything for sale on the weekends due to the lower prices.

Nay you have it backwards at least in terms of WoW popuation. People would try and sell stuff cheap during the weekdays I would hold onto it till thursday night and put back on. The weekends are when people actually played the game and did not want to waste farming so would just buy from AH.

Nay you have it backwards at least in terms of WoW popuation. People would try and sell stuff cheap during the weekdays I would hold onto it till thursday night and put back on. The weekends are when people actually played the game and did not want to waste farming so would just buy from AH.

Lol.... I really don't know what else to say.

You guys are both right - depending on the comodity.

Rare stuff I sold better on the weekends when more people were playing but for common drops that people used a lot of (cloth and other mats) buy on the weekend and sell during the week when there aren't hundreds farming/posting it. :)

it's possible that said player is running some elaborate pyramid scheme of 7 alts each using 5 companions to all run Investigation missions

It's also possible that said person discovered a dupe. And this early in the game's life, I don't think that's out of the question.

But I suppose the guy could have powerleveled a bunch of alts and Investigation on all of them for the sole reason of cornering the market on this resource

Edited by marshalleck

Buy investigation missions, 300/340 epic ones.

They sell on my server for like 3000 credits, since no one has that useless skill anyway. There are about 10 PAGES for level 340 missions.

Run a mission and you get up to 7 chrome, resell on AH and GG. You can run 5 missions and get over 40 mats in under 3 hours. No abuse, just common sense and no competetion.

Easy mode.

Edited by Jiav