2.1 patch problems

Wyenan

I have read that there are other people (myself included) who cannot even login to the game. The launcher closes and then nothing. What I haven't found is where the creators that be have said they are working on this. Can anyone give me an update on this please? Edited by Wyenan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hello there Wyenan,

There are two main threads in Customer Support where we've said we're working on this (see below), and we are absolutely doing so as a very high priority. Thanks for your patience! We'll be sure to post an update when there's more info available.

Main threads:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638064

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638065

How much stuff do you have that would go into your collections? When I tried to log in I got a long load time as well and I suspect it was all the database work happening behind the scenes to not only account for Collection stuff but to update all your gear for dye packs. just a guess.

So my question to the Game Team - will we get any kind of time added on to our account for those of us who are subscribers and this issue is your fault and not ours? It is the least you could do ...

So my question to the Game Team - will we get any kind of time added on to our account for those of us who are subscribers and this issue is your fault and not ours? It is the least you could do ...

Unless this goes on for more than a day or two, I doubt you'll get anything. Legally, they only have to allow access to servers 70% of the time for which you subscribe.

It would be nice -- but I also wonder if they will let us know what the issue is. I'd also recommend people consider switching to a newer OS. . . .

I have read that there are other people (myself included) who cannot even login to the game. The launcher closes and then nothing. What I haven't found is where the creators that be have said they are working on this. Can anyone give me an update on this please?

Amber, is there any update yet on WinXP fix? No communication going on, and its been over 24 hours.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with regards to this issue. Good news, though! We have identified a fix for the Windows XP users who are crashing when pressing "Play" on the launcher, and we are going to be able to deploy a patch this afternoon with no downtime to fix it.

Once deployed, I'll follow up in this thread so you can log in, patch, and start playing! Please watch for a new update in the next few hours. Again, we appreciate your understanding.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with regards to this issue. Good news, though! We have identified a fix for the Windows XP users who are crashing when pressing "Play" on the launcher, and we are going to be able to deploy a patch this afternoon with no downtime to fix it.

Once deployed, I'll follow up in this thread so you can log in, patch, and start playing! Please watch for a new update in the next few hours. Again, we appreciate your understanding.

Just so we know. Is this a client side or server side fix? I know you said no downtime but should we still expect to have to restart our game and download a quick patch?

Hi everyone,

Well it's about time that we actually got a response that showed up in the dev tracker.

Hi everyone,

Now there's something we can use. Thank you. ;)

/disable-rage-until-further-notice

Hi everyone,

Sounds good, thank you Amber.

Edited by LawranceEttar

Unless this goes on for more than a day or two, I doubt you'll get anything. Legally, they only have to allow access to servers 70% of the time for which you subscribe.

It would be nice -- but I also wonder if they will let us know what the issue is. I'd also recommend people consider switching to a newer OS. . . .

Move to a "newer" OS actually is going backward, since XP is the best OS from microshi t you will find. Btw thats what they want, to sell you a new one a year....

Move to a "newer" OS actually is going backward, since XP is the best OS from microshi t you will find. Btw thats what they want, to sell you a new one a year....

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see SWTOR soon take XP out of their Minimum requirements.

It is an old OS that Microsoft is putting to rest soon. Hardware makers have already stopped supporting it.

Hi everyone,

Much thanks.

Hi everyone,

THANK YOU! But after waiting for more than 24 hours I think we all agree on WHAT TIME not a this afternoon.

Hi everyone,

Thank goodness. I'm tired of cleaning my house, and doing real life things!

I don't think I've legally purchased an OS in 5+ years.

I use Win7 solely for gaming, because of the sheer number of games only supported on Mac or Windows.

I use linux for everything else. Much better. Except wine. Wine sucks.