Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Critique deception opener

DemonJin
04.20.2013 , 08:10 AM | #11
Seems like u guys already got the quick burst opener up. As is most classes and specs, deception is very situational. If situation allows for a bit longer opener you can try this. (Now this rotation can't be used all the time since its dependant on the discharge stacks. Also best used when you already have 2 stacks of VS up. So best used if u just killed someone and then are moving onto ur next target. )

Stealth
Spike
Maul
Discharge (ONLY if you were able to get 2 stacks of discharge or more, otherwise skip step)
Recklessness
Shock
Discharge
Then from here on out its up to you If u want to wait a few more secs to use low slash for a garrunteed maul proc and fill in the time with VS or not.

Reasoning for this. If you can get those 2 stacks for discharge. You can easily get 15k plus dmg just in those three moves. Not including the dmg from mauls and such. But remember that this isn't your typical opener and requires you to be observant and adaptive to the situations based off the need to do quick burst to finish off a healer or going one gcd longer and bringer someone down from 100% to less than 30 or even dead.
Krow | Karasu
Sin/Shadow
Karasu Champion of the Shadows

mrdert
04.21.2013 , 03:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
Not opening with spike is a waste imho :/ opening with spike+maul+maul would do the same damage but prevent people from ccing as soon as you pop out of stealth. I do this usually:
spike
maul
maul
electrocute
discharge
shock
low slash
maul
assassinate

Recklessness usually at the beginning, blackout is situational

This i do on targets that are being healed. Very few people get to the end of this rotation
Funny, I always thought spike was stupid to use unless you were in the tank tree where you could use it at any time. I does hardley any damage and loads up the resolve bar.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

CBRGhostRider
04.22.2013 , 12:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
Funny, I always thought spike was stupid to use unless you were in the tank tree where you could use it at any time. I does hardley any damage and loads up the resolve bar.
Spike guarantees a maul proc now if you open with it. Also, if you have it talented, it slows the opponent by 70% for 3 sec so you can unload your burst.
Spoiler

YOmap
04.22.2013 , 12:22 PM | #14
Spike
Maul
VS
VS
Electrocute
Maul
Recklessness
Discharge
Shock (chain shocked)
Blackout
Low Slash
Maul
Assassinate.

mrdert
04.22.2013 , 03:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CBRGhostRider View Post
Spike guarantees a maul proc now if you open with it. Also, if you have it talented, it slows the opponent by 70% for 3 sec so you can unload your burst.
Low slash also guarantees a maul proc.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

JP_Legatus
04.25.2013 , 04:25 AM | #16
Yes you could open with low slash if you don't mind waiting an extra 5s for your next duplicity instead of being able to low slash immediately at the 10s mark because low slash isn't on cd
Also filling a resolve bar with a low slash is a pretty ideal thing since often people use breakers on full resolve bars, which in the case of low slash would be a wasted breaker
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Redmyst
04.25.2013 , 09:35 AM | #17
I have been opening with this..

spike
reckless
maul
maul(rotate around)
Low slash( very little resolve added if any)
maul/ VS
shock
blackout
Electrocute(this fills resolve bar)
maul/shock or assassinate depending on health level.

I love using the low slash and then use electrocute later as it will keep them from using anything to get away, they usually pop their CC break on low slash and then I own them with electrocute and finish them off. But i am open to new ideas and will try some of the ones listed here.
I'm sorry, did that hurt?
Khal-Tork-the original Pyro Merc
Crimzon-nothing original about an assassin

Ottoattack
04.26.2013 , 01:17 PM | #18
Recklessness (60% force crtic and 3 charges of discharge)
Spike
Maul
Discharge
Shroud if I am expecting CC
Shock
Voltaic slash
Voltaic slash
electrocute
Maul (usually duplicity proced by now)
Shock
Low slash
Maul
Assassinate.

It does not always work that beautifully, (CC, defensive cool downs), but if crtic procs on 2 mauls, enemy won't survive. I would also give assassinate priority over all other attacks except maul with duplicity, if target is below 30%.

I may do black out somewhere in the middle if I am expecting retaliation.