Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PVP Builds in 2.0

Moonheart_S
04.19.2013 , 03:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
24/7/15 would seem like a viable Kinetic/Balance hybrid (could optionally take 2 points from Mental Fortitude and put them in Applied Force for a little more DPS).
Yup, there is such a good synergy around PA right now between kinetic and balance, that is it really tempting to hybridize like this.
However, I do feel that Harnessed Shadows is better than Force in Balance. More damage, more survivability.

Si if I had to make an hybrid build that raise to 24 in kinetic tree, I'll push it to 27 anytime without a doubt, like this: 27/7/12
An alternative would be to remove 2 points in misdirection and 1 from celerity to have FIB too.

Another interesting point is: There is now mods for sale that bring mix of defense/offense as stats.
So you can get shield and power on the same mod, which bring both better force regen with DBSD, and damage.
I think this is a really interesting way to explore.

Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 04:10 AM | #22
Force in Balance still has the advantages of being instant cast, 30m range, 5-target AoE, and internal damage. Harnessed Shadows is nice, but loses a lot of its value against a smart opponent who watches your buffs and has a stun/sleep/knockback ready to interrupt it (or runs out of your line of sight). FiB is great for interrupting node caps, too.

It's entirely possible that my love for Force in Balance on my Sage is influencing my opinion, though.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | Øydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

Moonheart_S
04.19.2013 , 06:30 AM | #23
Even if someone watch you buffs, it still easy to use HS.
Resolution, Resilience, or cc yourself.
When you are careful, this is not that hard to almost never get interrupted when using it.

stuffystuffs
04.19.2013 , 08:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
My Shadow isn't level 55 yet, but I'll be using Wakajinn 2.0 that was mentioned earlier.
I'm using the same.

I'm curious, what is your opener?

Something like, Force Potency (in stealth) => Spinning Kick => Shadow Strike => Force Breach => FiB => Project ?

Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 09:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Moonheart_S View Post
Even if someone watch you buffs, it still easy to use HS.
Resolution, Resilience, or cc yourself.
When you are careful, this is not that hard to almost never get interrupted when using it.
Resilience is only about once a minute, same for Force Stun (and that's only on one target). HS is really great 1v1, but I'd rather have FiB for larger battles. They are both valid choices though, mostly a matter of preference.

Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I'm using the same.

I'm curious, what is your opener?

Something like, Force Potency (in stealth) => Spinning Kick => Shadow Strike => Force Breach => FiB => Project ?
1v1, usually this:

1. Spinning Kick
1a. Force Potency
2. Force Breach
3. Shadow Strike
4. Force in Balance
5. Project
6. Double Strike*
7. Double Strike*
8. Low Slash
9. Mind Crush
10. Shadow Strike

* One of these will likely be replaced with Shadow Strike (unless I'm really unlucky with Infiltration Tactics).

Resilience, Force Slow, Force Stun are often used of course, but whether or not I use those depends on too many variables, so I left them out. If it's not a 1v1, I try not to waste Low Slash on the main target either, but will attempt to use it on a nearby healer or similar.

ML_DoubleTap
04.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
If I'm running infiltration, I generally go with this build. I understand your 'pure dps' point of view, but being able to have force slow more readily available and 70% movement reduction after kick lowers the chance of being kited. You can't do damage if you can't reach them.

This works pretty well for me, but honestly I like using my kinetic combat build which focuses on project / shadow wrap procs for damage dealing. So far it works well for me with project only costing 29 force, but that may change when everyone starts min/maxing at level 55.
In your Kinetic build, what's the point of putting points in Rapid Recovery? I've never known anyone to really use that. The base chance is already 50% for Combat Technique and is limited to proc no more than every 4.5 seconds. So, chances are in 3 GCDs you'll be getting the proc anyways.
Bonkurz

Ekoth
04.19.2013 , 02:39 PM | #27
It's a mix of both preference and filler points. Some prefer Impact control for the damage reduction, but I personally find Kin. Combat to already have strong survivability without it. I pick up Rapid recovery to ensure that I get that technique proc every 3 GCDs since 65% is better than 50%; which in a sense also helps in survivability since the proc does give a small heal.

Just to note that I play this spec in DPS gear. I don't go all-out tanking.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

AMKSED
04.20.2013 , 02:04 AM | #28
Having a blast with 0/23/23.

VeheO
04.22.2013 , 01:42 PM | #29
35/11/0
I was kind of messing around with skill calculator and something like this came out. I'm not very experience Shadow mind you but this build seems quite interesting for node guarding and generally tanky stuff. While dealing damage I'll porbably have trouble with force but that's not the point of this build. One of the things that makes me wonder is if it's worth to get 25% damage reduction in exchange for slow from force Slow

Gondolindhrim
04.23.2013 , 01:04 AM | #30
Masked Assault is awesome, definitely a viable (and often better) alternative to Slow Time. I wouldn't take Expertise though, if you want to be tanky I'd rather have Jedi Resistance (33/11/2).

That said, if you're taking 11 points in Infiltration to get Masked Assault, Infiltration Tactics isn't far off and could be worth picking up instead, at least for node guarding. You'd have to give up Harnessed Shadows to max out Infiltration Tactics though, so it may not be your cup of tea if you like being a "proper" tank.