Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PVP Builds in 2.0

Ekoth
04.16.2013 , 08:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jbgov View Post
Thanks FrogSkin
Can any one tell me why no one ever uses nerve wrecking it seems that its an easy 6% increase to shadow strike ...
Simply put, that talent is way too situational to be worth the 2 talent points. Generally, with current GCDs and the stun times of force stun/kick you only get one attack off during that stun duration (2 if you're lucky). So you're spending 2 talent points on a 6% damage increase on a SINGLE attack.

I feel the same about Judgement as well, but it has better benefits that occur more often than 1 or 2 times a minute. Nerve Wracking, however, is a waste of talent points.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

jbgov
04.16.2013 , 10:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
Simply put, that talent is way too situational to be worth the 2 talent points. Generally, with current GCDs and the stun times of force stun/kick you only get one attack off during that stun duration (2 if you're lucky). So you're spending 2 talent points on a 6% damage increase on a SINGLE attack.

I feel the same about Judgement as well, but it has better benefits that occur more often than 1 or 2 times a minute. Nerve Wracking, however, is a waste of talent points.
but in order to progress to the next tree level you will need to put points in either a defence talent or this surely if you are pure dps a 6% increase on 1-2 moves is better than an increase in the duration of force slow for example. can you link your build for discussion please
EternalGuardian ---------------------------------- 55 PVP Shadow

-----------------------------Too Busy To ALT ------------------------------

aedenone
04.16.2013 , 10:51 AM | #13
At least for me this is the cleanest, most optimal use of skill points for my PVP Shadow infiltration build. I use Spinning strike often as a finisher so Judgment is a no brainer. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the "goto" build for shadow PVP in 2.0.

5/36/5
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...RzGbRrbzzZcM.3
The JinShi Legacy
Alterro, Altaax - The Shadowlands
Altax, Altaxx, Altero, Alterol - The Shadowlands
Xaltero - Prophecy of the Five

Ekoth
04.16.2013 , 12:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jbgov View Post
but in order to progress to the next tree level you will need to put points in either a defence talent or this surely if you are pure dps a 6% increase on 1-2 moves is better than an increase in the duration of force slow for example. can you link your build for discussion please
If I'm running infiltration, I generally go with this build. I understand your 'pure dps' point of view, but being able to have force slow more readily available and 70% movement reduction after kick lowers the chance of being kited. You can't do damage if you can't reach them.

This works pretty well for me, but honestly I like using my kinetic combat build which focuses on project / shadow wrap procs for damage dealing. So far it works well for me with project only costing 29 force, but that may change when everyone starts min/maxing at level 55.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

jbgov
04.17.2013 , 01:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
If I'm running infiltration, I generally go with this build. I understand your 'pure dps' point of view, but being able to have force slow more readily available and 70% movement reduction after kick lowers the chance of being kited. You can't do damage if you can't reach them.

This works pretty well for me, but honestly I like using my kinetic combat build which focuses on project / shadow wrap procs for damage dealing. So far it works well for me with project only costing 29 force, but that may change when everyone starts min/maxing at level 55.
I would be really interested in a real life pvp dps comparison between your kinetic and infiltration builds, i think with the kinetic build it may be easier to deal damage continuously rather than relying on single targets and stuns ..
EternalGuardian ---------------------------------- 55 PVP Shadow

-----------------------------Too Busy To ALT ------------------------------

Gondolindhrim
04.18.2013 , 01:10 AM | #16
My Shadow isn't level 55 yet, but I'll be using Wakajinn 2.0 that was mentioned earlier. The reasons being:

1. 3 charges of Force Potency with the set bonus, 3 hard-hitting, instant Force attacks to burst people down (and available whenever you open from stealth).
2. Burst damage requires no setup (no super obvious Clairvoyant Strike YoYo animation screaming at the enemy team to taunt you/Guard your target/CC you/pop defensives).
2. A 30m range AoE is very valuable for interrupting node caps against multiple opponents, without requiring direct line of sight. Also good for putting pressure on healers now that Force in Balance hits 5 targets.

Basically the same reasons that made the original Wakajinn better in 1.7 (in my opinion anyway). Clairvoyant Strike is just too predictable, and Force in Balance is too damn awesome (even more so now with 2 extra targets and Force Potency becoming available every time you go into stealth).
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

CarthOnansi
04.18.2013 , 04:25 PM | #17
I have been looking for a decent hyrbid since 2.0 came out. This one does seem to combine, damage with annoyance factor. The thing is, usually if you are looking at node guarding and interupting you want to have more survivability: hence why the 23/1/18 hyrbid was so popular prior to 2.0.

I am currently looking into a viable KC balance hybrid, (would love to find a viable infiltration/KC hybrid, but I doubt that will ever happen give the trees)
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

AMKSED
04.19.2013 , 01:29 AM | #18
I've been having a lot of fun and topping DPS charts with 0/23/23.

Exzileforgotten
04.19.2013 , 02:20 AM | #19
Been playing full madness... It is not a good time but im true to the spec. =(

Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 02:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CarthOnansi View Post
I have been looking for a decent hyrbid since 2.0 came out. This one does seem to combine, damage with annoyance factor. The thing is, usually if you are looking at node guarding and interupting you want to have more survivability: hence why the 23/1/18 hyrbid was so popular prior to 2.0.

I am currently looking into a viable KC balance hybrid, (would love to find a viable infiltration/KC hybrid, but I doubt that will ever happen give the trees)
24/7/15 would seem like a viable Kinetic/Balance hybrid (could optionally take 2 points from Mental Fortitude and put them in Applied Force for a little more DPS).

Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
I've been having a lot of fun and topping DPS charts with 0/23/23.
I'm assuming you run Force Technique since Force Strike requires that. In which case, sure, you can get high numbers by spreading Breach DoTs around... but I still feel 0/31/15 would be more useful to your team, since we all know that burst damage is king in PvP.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda