Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help on DPS PvE Deception Assasin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Help on DPS PvE Deception Assasin

Ottoattack
04.23.2013 , 12:18 PM | #1
My question is primary in regarding the build for dps for PvE for long fights (ops and FP bosses). I have looked into a couple of builds on the internet and some builds and I saw a bit of contradicting info.

I saw some builds take voltaic slash and then take all the points that buff thrash. My understanding is you want to use either or. So you either go 3-39-2 or drop voltaic slash and nerve wrecking from the deception tree in favor of using slash and get thrashing blades and torment and go 5-35-7 (all bottom madness skills) . I was more inclined towards 5-35-7, because of the reduced force cost on shock and thrash.

I also saw some guides advising against taking impose weakness. I was not so sure about that since for 2 globals and 42.5 force cost you get a medium damaging attack and with leg slash then maul with duplicity off its normal CD.

Last, where do deception sins stand on parses compared other dps classes in 2.0.

IInox
04.23.2013 , 12:29 PM | #2
Actually is 5/36/5.

xBenouze
04.24.2013 , 07:16 AM | #3
I use 0/31/15 it s awesome, can t do without my 20K damages death field ...

IInox
04.24.2013 , 08:15 AM | #4
Your spec seems for pvp.... :v

xBenouze
04.24.2013 , 08:23 AM | #5
yes and i use it for soloing and pve, i just say tank to keep taunt for after my death field

MantorokTwelve
04.25.2013 , 10:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
My question is primary in regarding the build for dps for PvE for long fights (ops and FP bosses). I have looked into a couple of builds on the internet and some builds and I saw a bit of contradicting info.

I saw some builds take voltaic slash and then take all the points that buff thrash. My understanding is you want to use either or. So you either go 3-39-2 or drop voltaic slash and nerve wrecking from the deception tree in favor of using slash and get thrashing blades and torment and go 5-35-7 (all bottom madness skills) . I was more inclined towards 5-35-7, because of the reduced force cost on shock and thrash.

I also saw some guides advising against taking impose weakness. I was not so sure about that since for 2 globals and 42.5 force cost you get a medium damaging attack and with leg slash then maul with duplicity off its normal CD.

Last, where do deception sins stand on parses compared other dps classes in 2.0.
Every skill in the first tier that buffs thrash also buffs volt slash, dunno where you got that from. I would go 5-36-5, there's nothing in madness you need beyond the first tier, and the 2% DR isn't worth it (you are a dps, not a tank). Electric Execution from darkness could be useful with the extra surging charges from shock, but I don't know if it's worth losing Exploitative Strikes or Torment. Impose weakness definitely seems like a soloing/FP/PVP skill, but it could be useful for the extra mauls if you cycle it in properly. It should allow you to maul twice in quick succession.

Ottoattack
04.26.2013 , 06:39 AM | #7
Thanks. I did not notice that skills that buff thrash also buff volatic slash. I guess best build for PvE the build is 5-36-5.