Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused about the stats on our pvp gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Confused about the stats on our pvp gear

Gmodone
04.21.2013 , 02:00 PM | #1
Hi guys,
I built my assassin through power mods and enhancements. I have noticed that stalker sets are alacrity and crit heavy. Do we require Alacrity as a stat for assassins? I understand that Accuracy stat has been given a bigger priority and we want to get it as close to 100% as possible, is this right??. Expertise vs Power, I understand that we to stack expertise as high as possible but is it that much better than stacking power?? I will get the stalker sets for the set bonus, just want to know what to concentrate on. I know I'm being lazy but I just dont have the time to experiment with the new stats.

Thanks

Sine_Nomen
04.25.2013 , 01:07 PM | #2
What I've read and experienced:
  • Alacrity is still of little use to anyone. You have better options as a Sin.
  • The importance of accuracy has not diminished. Missed attacks have a very consistent damage output: 0.
  • In PvP, expertise is not to be missed. It's the only reason you would ever prefer PvP gear over PvE gear. The bonuses it provides cannot be acquired by any other means (please note that the bolster system may make this less accurate in practice than it is in principle). If you're setting up your gear with pvp mods/enhancements/armor, you'll get the expertise you need. The only time you'd need to put thought towards this issue is if you're replacing pvp items with pve alternatives.

You may not have the time to 'experiment' with stats in game (I assume you mean the time to grind out comms for every permutation of gearing that you deem as having potential), but searching the forums you'll find a lot of this work has already been done by others. Reading their results, opinions, and ideally math requires far less time investment.

Gmodone
04.25.2013 , 06:18 PM | #3
Thanks for the reply. Ive been reading that we want to strive for the 100-105% Accuracy, 25-27% crit, and 75% surge. This is what I will strive for and fill the rest with power. I hope its that simple.