Learning New Schematics Through Reverse Engineering BUGGED?

Enkidu_Uruk

I'll keep this brief to avoid getting too hot-headed over this problem, especially seeing how my in-game tickets just vanish and I never hear back from Customer Service.

Long story short, since the patch I can't seem to learn ANY new schematics through Reverse engineering.

48 Times breaking blue boots for a purple recipe,: Nothing

45 Times breaking a green earpiece for a blue recipe: Nothing

others as well but the points made.

Bad luck is one thing, but theres either no cap on how long it could take to learn something, with no feedback on the odds or even progression to having better odds.

I'm frustrated, I don't even know if its bugged or if this type of bad luck was made possible.

In either scenario, these recipes are grey to me, so I get nothing but substantial loss trying to make better recipes.

Either way both outcomes are unacceptable and with the added lack of customer service.. well I can't say I will pay for a product like this on a monthly basis.

Good Game Design gives the player feedback, there is none.

Anyone else have this issue, know if it's an issue or anything related?

I'm at my wits end here.

I haven't had those bad of results, but I am seeing a decrease in blue to purple RE. If this was EvE then I would say it's just the randomness of RNG. It would be nice to know if others are experiencing a decreased success with RE blues to purples.

If anyone out there is still getting some purples then I chalk it up to RNG not being our friend right now. Otherwise the RE success was nerfed.

I have to agree. My rates of re-engineering have plummeted. I go from just being able to make an item to it being grey not progressing and re-enineering it on every single result and get no new schematic. With every one using orange slotted items and not being able to get a blue (let alone any better schematic) it has made crafting useless.

I find this result across all my professions. I have every crafting profession possible. Guess I should have done slicing while it was profitable instead of wasting my time with crafting.

Seems more and more they are catering to the grinding raid and PvP crowds.

I have to agree. My rates of re-engineering have plummeted. I go from just being able to make an item to it being grey not progressing and re-enineering it on every single result and get no new schematic. With every one using orange slotted items and not being able to get a blue (let alone any better schematic) it has made crafting useless.

I find this result across all my professions. I have every crafting profession possible. Guess I should have done slicing while it was profitable instead of wasting my time with crafting.

Seems more and more they are catering to the grinding raid and PvP crowds.

Not being able to craft armoring, mods, enhancement and augment slots (rather RE into purples) hurts the PvPers too. I was doing some testing and the best gear in game will come from crafted components on orange augmented slots. I love PvP and I'm disappointed at the RE drop.

They must have patched something in that case, and not told anyone about as it would be 'good politics'.

Missions for example that are yellow are constantly failing somehow, at least much more since the patch yesterday. It's also strange that that ship droid with 0 Affection got more critical mission results in Underworld Trading than Kalyio.

Waiting for patch 1.02 ...

Oh this is just wonderful.

I got the earpiece recipe after breaking down 5 more of them.

This is absurd, either rubber band the amount of times at MOST you need to get a recipe, or make it a flat amount.

Crafting is beyond useless if this kind of system is "as intended"

I RE about 30 Blue Prototype Skill Mod 10 without any luck. That **** is *********** expensive, I cannot continue like this!

Crafting system need to be changed, so that player have more control over it. Especially when there is 5 purple schematics for every blue one, *********** stupid if you ask me.

Edited by ZingFreelancer

Fickle?

Thats no excuse when you sink truckloads of time and materials into a single recipe to get a better version of it.

Skipping the recipe becomes out of the question because of the investment already made, so instead you dig and dig.

This system, SPITS in the face of the user telling us that if we want anything we have to be lucky.

Crafting is a joke, we are the punchline.

About 75 Blues of a level 35 item RE'd and I gave up. I gave up because after #75 failed to produce a purple recipe, I RE'd my current belt I had been using for a new semi upgrade i'd gotten as a drop.

The old belt I was no longer using RE'd as a purple.

%@#$ you RNG.

Fickle?

Thats no excuse when you sink truckloads of time and materials into a single recipe to get a better version of it.

Skipping the recipe becomes out of the question because of the investment already made, so instead you dig and dig.

This system, SPITS in the face of the user telling us that if we want anything we have to be lucky.

Agreed. Reverse engineering is a great idea, and it really works from Green to Blue. But going from Blue to Purple is where I see little to know improvement. I'm not going to even try for purples anymore until I'm 50 because it's a waste of time and resources.

I will keep crafting the greens until they grey out, then I will try and RE into blue and craft them for crafting xp. By the time I level I normally am into the next level of green and see no need to get a purple.

If anything it should be EASIER to go from Blue to Purple. If you want to make it difficult, then put the hard part on going from Green to Blue. Also if you have had a successful purple of a lower level in the past, they should make it to where a higher level purple has a greater chance of being RE'd.

I would prefer having to make 20 items and RE them and knowing that I get the next tier after breaking down 20 items instead of having a RNG that determines this time it's 1 RE, next time it's 100.

Fickle?

I feel like everytime I RE I'm being trolled

I RE about 30 Blue Prototype Skill Mod 10 without any luck. That **** is *********** expensive, I cannot continue like this!

Crafting system need to be changed, so that player have more control over it. Especially when there is 5 purple schematics for every blue one, *********** stupid if you ask me.

Expensive? Go and make a Slicer ... oh, sorry ... bad joke. :/

I know you'll hate me but...

RE'ed a blue bracer...got a purple schematic.

RE'ed another one of the same blue bracers...got ANOTHER different purple schematic.

Granted these are level 35 bracers, but thats where my level is at (it was yellow skill btw) perhaps this is only a level 50 thing?

Just thought I'd share my 100% success rate..

(covers head from impending thrown objects)

Every single game with a random element on crafting, it's the same thing. People are trying to find a loophole or some sort of pattern.

There isn't any. It's just pure luck if the chance is set below 5%.

The most likely theory though is that the higher the item rating, the rarer the upgraded schematic. They don't want all level 50 schematics to be available to everyone 2 weeks into the game.

Personally, I've not had any problems so far with items up to lvl 30. Some lvl 25 Implants took 10-15 tries to proc, then another time I got it on first.

Luck.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve