take away the need button for wrong classes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always examine an item before rolling. If it is something *I* can equip, like light armor or a saber, than I roll for it. I don't even really think of my companion. I mostly upgrade his gear with mods. I've had someone get bent out of shape because she wanted it for her companion, but whatever. If I can equip it, and it has better stats than what I have currently, I roll need. Otherwise I pass.

While I do understand that people need to gear their companions, I am also aware that actual players need it more.

However, in the event no one needs it, I do think that it's silly for gear to go to a person who will just sell it, rather than a person who can't use it, but has a companion who CAN.

I actually would support the addition of a "companion need" button. We already know need overrides greed. Basically, it will work like this:

Need>Companion Need>Greed.

The players who will use it come first, the players who won't use it but have companions who will come second, and as usual people who have no use for it and will just sell it come last.

I don't really have this problem, other than one time with one player who "needed" everything ( And I set him straight ). Perhaps im just on a good server...or maybe your just on a bad one, though I agree that your companions at times need some of the gear. As long as there is no other player there that needs it for themselves, I select need, and I expect others to do the same.

I don't really have this problem, other than one time with one player who "needed" everything ( And I set him straight ).

This is my experience too. I think no one has the "moral right" to question other players reasons for "needing" certain items. But when you team up with someone who seems to "need" just about every item they roll for, I get suspicious.