Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Carvetor
06.17.2012 , 06:23 PM | #4611
It's just a shame that Bioware is treating a portion of their customers like redheaded step children. Lots of us are left out in the cold. I'd be more angry if I didn't have to work all weekend. It would have still been nice to get my transfer done and settle into a new server so I'd be ready for action Monday. However it looks like I'll have to spend one of my 2 days to game waiting to see when and if I can actually start doing group content that I pay hard earned money for. Last time I checked we all pay the same amount so to have some people transferred and others not is quite simply wrong.

Eitri
06.17.2012 , 07:19 PM | #4612
Quote: Originally Posted by Tendaras View Post
They were anticipating a bigger rush for the game and made all the servers to handle the expected load. Unfortunately a lot of people left and it emptied a majority of the servers after a few months. They are trying to consolidate things now and the process should be handled within the next week here.
They made the wrong choice then and they appear to have made the wrong one again now. Instead of opening so many servers they should have run the numbers and really approximated how many they needed, both when they had too many players and too few. Now it looks like they're going to end up with situations like 2 full and 1 low pop server.

It just seems as though they've never sat down and figured out exactly how many players on a server is ideal. Filling up the few servers they picked as destinations wasn't the right choice, especially if they're optimistic at all about players returning and new players joining.

varrangian
06.17.2012 , 07:55 PM | #4613
Quote: Originally Posted by Eitri View Post
They made the wrong choice then and they appear to have made the wrong one again now. Instead of opening so many servers they should have run the numbers and really approximated how many they needed, both when they had too many players and too few. Now it looks like they're going to end up with situations like 2 full and 1 low pop server.

It just seems as though they've never sat down and figured out exactly how many players on a server is ideal. Filling up the few servers they picked as destinations wasn't the right choice, especially if they're optimistic at all about players returning and new players joining.
There seems to be a mentality on the TOR team that the customer is not always right and that forging ahead is better than going slow and finding the right answer. If you look at the Legacy system this is a great example. I wish someone at BW would just say, "wait, let's think about this and maybe even poll the players". (Note by poll the players I mean in game, not via the forums) Instead they seem to take the approach that they are right regardless of the legitimate problems their solutions might create.

mjmcooke
06.17.2012 , 07:58 PM | #4614
Quote: Originally Posted by Woobies View Post
You mean "soon?"

And "soon" means what? 5 minutes from now? Tomorrow? Friday? Next week? Next month?
Exactly.

dsapp
06.17.2012 , 07:59 PM | #4615
Quote: Originally Posted by varrangian View Post
There seems to be a mentality on the TOR team that the customer is not always right and that forging ahead is better than going slow and finding the right answer. If you look at the Legacy system this is a great example. I wish someone at BW would just say, "wait, let's think about this and maybe even poll the players". (Note by poll the players I mean in game, not via the forums) Instead they seem to take the approach that they are right regardless of the legitimate problems their solutions might create.
A perfect example of this is their inability to give an answer to the EU RP-PvP servers that can't transfer because of the rules that Bioware has put in place. So, even after all of the other servers have been offered their transfer, those people will be stuck on their dead servers. Unless Bioware is just failing to be transparent in their solution considering the outrage expressed by the people on those servers. As it is, they've said they don't have a solution in the works.

Masakari_
06.17.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4616
Still waiting on Peragus.....
----------------------------------
Masakari, Bounty Hunter

mjmcooke
06.17.2012 , 08:03 PM | #4617
Quote: Originally Posted by Chartman View Post
Just an FYI, good companies attempt to please all of their customers, not just "A greater number"... You will never please everyone, but you ought to try or your company will go down the toilet. Look at Apple. Have you ever been in one of their stores. Those people do everything they can for the customer. Every customer. Apple = $500 Billion Net Worth. Correlation???
Yea I've been in Apple stores. They make me angry. "$30 for an iPod charge cord!?!?" "$1700 for a computer with less power and compatability than my $700 PC?!?!"

mjmcooke
06.17.2012 , 08:06 PM | #4618
Quote: Originally Posted by nemericon View Post
try looking at wow kinda negates that statement no ? i think you need to lvl on a pvp server im on tomb of freedom nadd play in gmt+1 prime time and there is nothing hard in lvling there. Theres hardly any world pvp when lvling i was diapointed as heck when i leveled. Besides remember there is nothing that makes it worth killing anyone in open world in swtor it's wasted time if not for the fun because you could have been in a wz and gotten more out of it.
Ganking is its own reward.

Chartman
06.17.2012 , 08:18 PM | #4619
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Yea I've been in Apple stores. They make me angry. "$30 for an iPod charge cord!?!?" "$1700 for a computer with less power and compatability than my $700 PC?!?!"
Dont buy a Mac then. I own both a PC and a Mac. I use them for different things. The real question was, "Did you get good service while you were in the store?". In this instance, we are all a customer of the same company getting different levels of service. That is the issue.

Laris_Rai
06.17.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4620
Quote: Originally Posted by varrangian View Post
The customer isn't always right. Often the opposite. Anyone who's worked retail can attest to that.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson