Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BulldogzLife's Avatar


BulldogzLife
06.15.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4111
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Yes, you pay the same 15 dollars as everyone that entitles you to play the game on BWs servers. Well, all servers are up and running, so you are getting your 15 dollars worth.
Oh come on...if that was the case we wouldn't be having server transfers to begin with.

Chartman's Avatar


Chartman
06.15.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4112
Quote: Originally Posted by Acespades View Post
Some people would rather wait 4 hours.
Those people could choose not to tranfer...

BulldogzLife's Avatar


BulldogzLife
06.15.2012 , 12:21 PM | #4113
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
That's the thing, we're not being treated differently. If it wasn't our servers waiting until Monday, it would be someone else's.
That's true, and I would sympathize with them about still being unable to play. I certainly wouldn't be here on the forums posting, but rather I'd be enjoying playing the game, (something us 20% are unable to do).

Tenceriker's Avatar


Tenceriker
06.15.2012 , 12:21 PM | #4114
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Yes, you pay the same 15 dollars as everyone that entitles you to play the game on BWs servers. Well, all servers are up and running, so you are getting your 15 dollars worth.
That is crap and you know it. Being stuck on a dead server inhibits being able to play the game as it is intend Ed to be played.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Qishari's Avatar


Qishari
06.15.2012 , 12:22 PM | #4115
Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:
  • Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Profanity - Is never allowed.
  • Insults - Are not tolerated
  • Rude comments - will be removed, please be respectful toward one another.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
06.15.2012 , 12:24 PM | #4116
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Yes, you pay the same 15 dollars as everyone that entitles you to play the game on BWs servers. Well, all servers are up and running, so you are getting your 15 dollars worth.
That's right. So if you thought you were paying for a game or some other form of entertainment, you were wrong. EA is not in the business of providing entertainment (this should be obvious by now) they are in the business of leasing Bioware's server space.

If you expect, at any point in the future, that any form of entertainment or other fun and engaging activity, will be provided based on your subscription, I would advise you to quit now. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you mjmcooke for defining what amount of leased server space is worth $15 to each individual player. Clearly BulldogzLife did not feel he was getting $15 of server space, but I'm sure he understands now since you so articulately explained what he was paying for.

mjmcooke's Avatar


mjmcooke
06.15.2012 , 12:24 PM | #4117
Quote: Originally Posted by BulldogzLife View Post
Oh come on...if that was the case we wouldn't be having server transfers to begin with.
BW is providing an additional service to try to make their subscribers happier in the hopes of not losing their subscribers and attracting new ones. It doesn't mean that without this service you would not be getting what your 15 dollars entitles you to. Just you probably (understandably) wouldn't be happy with your gaming experience. But, you are getting this service. Just not today. But again, you can't demand compensation for something not owed to you, or for a free additional service you don't feel is being offered fast enough.

Daethlok's Avatar


Daethlok
06.15.2012 , 12:24 PM | #4118
still no answers to some of the strong points/questions made

Acespades's Avatar


Acespades
06.15.2012 , 12:25 PM | #4119
Quote: Originally Posted by Qishari View Post
Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:
  • Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Profanity - Is never allowed.
  • Insults - Are not tolerated
  • Rude comments - will be removed, please be respectful toward one another.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

When can we expect an update from the community reps? That's the reason we are posting here, is for answers.

1) Will we be compensated for the unplayability of the servers while other servers thrive.
2) Why are you waiting on transferring the two remaining PVP servers in their group

- Ace - Carson
Co-founder: Army of Yonuss
Empire - Tarro Blood - EST - NOW RECRUITING

Chartman's Avatar


Chartman
06.15.2012 , 12:25 PM | #4120
Hyperspace Cannon as of right now (imp side only):
54 people on entire server, 4 people on fleet, 18 level 50's, no pvp pops all day, cant do heroics, cant do fp's.

You cant tell me there isnt room for us on Drooga's or Harbinger.

At least merge the last 8 West Coast PVE servers together for the weekend so we can play.