Copyright on videos

lukeskyseansolo

Hi, I've posted full story Playthroughs for all classes on YouTube and I'm moving onto the dlcs but I'm worried because I've seen a few other people who have recorded the dlcs have replaced music due to copyright issues, I was wondering if anyone knew which specific tracks give a copyright strike so I can mute and replace the music when one is going to be played. Any help is appreciated!

DISCLAIMER: I do not play a lawyer on TV, and I'm not one in real life either.

If you want to be really safe, and in particular if you haven't obtained(1) written permission to include the music(2), then you should regard all of the music as actionable for copyright, depending on how *much* (in terms of elapsed time) music there is.

If it's only a few seconds, you'll *probably* be fine because it would fall under "Fair Use", maybe. Whether the copyright owner would agree is another matter, and video hosting sites are notoriously twitchy about receiving DMCA takedown requests, preferring to take the content down and restore it after rather than beginning by consulting the person who posted the video.

(1) This doesn't have to be a specific document for you - if you can cite a published general permission, that's fine - but a specific document has the advantage that you can cite it even if e.g. the page where the general permission was published is taken down.

(2) If we wish to be fussy, the *images* are also subject to copyright, although Fair Use *should* cover it. No guarantees, and see also my comments about hosting sites being twitchy.