Miraluka are aliens?

DarkValiance

Something that bothers me on my Sith Assassin Miraluka is the fact everyone calls me an alien. I thought they were just humans that were "special". And even if they are aliens, does a blindfold REALLY warrant being called alien scum by every damn Imperial and Sith. It's not like we are green and have giant tentacles or horns growing out of our heads.

I'm not alien scum!!!! ;_;

And another question slightly off topic. But are cyborgs also called alien scum by the Sith and Imperials?

No they are aliens. They have no eyes. Cyborgs and Sith Purebloods are treated as humans in most or all cases.

Yep, they have no eyes so they're pretty Alien alright.

The hatred for them likely comes from their abilities in Force Sight, people are going to fear (and thus hate) someone that can see into their being and who you cannot hide from.

I swear there was at least one NPC who called my cyborg alien.

I remember there was a guy on Belsavis who worked for Imperial Non Human Relations where I strangely had the opportunity to call myself a non human with my Cyborg Bounty Hunter. But in all the class quest stuff I always got the human response. Balmorra had a lot of that especially, they make a bigger deal out of bringing an alien to meet the Admiral than a human. He even says something like "You brought some filthy alien bounty hunter here?!"

Edited by OldVengeance

I remember there was a guy on Belsavis who worked for Imperial Non Human Relations where I strangely had the opportunity to call myself a non human with my Cyborg Bounty Hunter. But in all the class quest stuff I always got the human response. Balmorra had a lot of that especially, they make a bigger deal out of bringing an alien to meet the Admiral than a human. He even says something like "You brought some filthy alien bounty hunter here?!"

Well, for me anyways, it's fair to call my cyborgs aliens, as they're supposed to be half miraluka.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a human sith lord and I could call myself nonhuman. I have no idea what was up with that.

does a blindfold REALLY warrant being called alien scum by every damn Imperial and Sith.

Yes. It's racism. Separating people into arbitrary categories based on incredibly minimal physical differences and then making sweeping value judgements on those categories is what racism is. It's not supposed to be "warranted," it's supposed to be offensive evidence of how evil the Empire is.

That said, at least three of the Miraluka head designs are completely incognito - the first two just make you look like a cyborg, and the red metal facemask just looks like a targeting helmet - so while it's not surprising the Imps are d!cks to Miraluka, it is pretty weird that they can immediately and infallibly tell you are one.

That's not even getting in to how everybody knows when you're wearing a completely head-covering Aim-style helmet or force user mask.

Edited by Quething

The Miraluka are classified as humanoid aliens; they are almost identical in appearance, and have been known to be able reproduce with humans (though it is rare). The main difference is that the Miraluka see with the Force, not with their eyes. Miraluka in fact do not have eyes typically- if they do have eyes they are completely useless, and often have no irises. They wear ornamental masks for the comfort of other species; the lack of eyes apparently weirds a lot of people out.

Yes. It's racism. Separating people into arbitrary categories based on incredibly minimal physical differences and then making sweeping value judgements on those categories is what racism is. It's not supposed to be "warranted," it's supposed to be offensive evidence of how evil the Empire is.

That said, at least three of the Miraluka head designs are completely incognito - the first two just make you look like a cyborg, and the red metal facemask just looks like a targeting helmet - so while it's not surprising the Imps are d!cks to Miraluka, it is pretty weird that they can immediately and infallibly tell you are one.

That's not even getting in to how everybody knows when you're wearing a completely head-covering Aim-style helmet or force user mask.

Well, specism anyways. Though Miraluka to my understanding are off shoots of human, like Chiss are.