Is the Wrath force disabled?

adormitul

So I noticed something while playing SI my last non force using class that I did not play. He can use force persuade and so does JK and JC.

But the Wrath can not do that and not even lighting. And all his force powers are the basic ones like force push and telekinesis and force valor or rage whatever you wanna name it besides force persuade for some reason or the jedi mind trick.

Now I did open such a thread in the past but now is necro and new evidence appeared. He basically improved the basic force power to a extremely high degree but he seems to be unable to use other common force powers like the 2 I mentioned.

Could he be force disabled like Vader but even more so even without losing most of his limbs?

Well the Sith Warrior is Just that , a Warrior he is a master of combat. Force mind tricks and force persuasion isnt the way someone like the Wrath operates, if someone is in your way, kill them, If you need answers, you choke them till they cough it up. The Wrath takes things by force he doesnt use tricks and persuasion methods like the others would, not that he couldnt its just not his style

Yes he does not ask questions nice and usually works but the mind trick has the benefit of making someone do things your way and he never uses in the game any kinds mind trick. Also he lack lighting and the thing that he uses that people say its to make up for lighting is force push is simply force push imbued with dark energy but still force push.

Even the not trained force users can use mind tricks. And lighting well even his master knew lighting hell even his apprentice.

Edited by adormitul

You make a point, but unlike SI lightning, he isnt adept at it as Nox would be. While SW could know how to do it, it would require dedication to training in the force to make it potent. Time the Wrath would rather spend polishing his sword skills and being the enforcer he was meant to be. And in a way he does persuade Jaesa to follow him and abandon her past, and he does manage to manipulate the darkness out of Noman Karr. But it all comes down to the character of the Wrath he is straight forward and not as strong in the force as the SI. Even Vader knew how to do lightning but he couldnt because of his condition. Wrath's lightning would be weak like Malgus' lighning was in the Hope trailer, so why use weak lightning when you could scare the crap out of or beat the answers out of someone lol

But the only true answer to this question is its just because thats how BW designed the classes, Lightning is the SI's thing and brute force tactics is the Wrath's thing:D

I think the Wrath can use lightning, but he chose to train more sabre techniques, so I think he can produce lightning, but won't because it would be much more ineffective. Also, the Wrath can be one who uses tricks, manipulation and persuasion if you play him that way.

I love how every single person here just uses "he" by default. :rolleyes:

Also, FYI, s/he can do a lot of tricks the inquisitor can't, like force-choke, force-push (if a jugg), force scream, ground-smash, and saber-throw (yes, that's a force-ability since I'm pretty sure the blades aren't coming back to you via magnets). A lot of cut-scenes show them winging people around like rag-dolls.

They are just two different schools of force-user, each branching off into a different directions.

Edited by ZanyaCross

I love how every single person here just uses "he" by default. :rolleyes:

Also, FYI, s/he can do a lot of tricks the inquisitor can't, like force-choke, force-push (if a jugg), force scream, ground-smash, and saber-throw (yes, that's a force-ability since I'm pretty sure the blades aren't coming back to you via magnets). A lot of cut-scenes show them winging people around like rag-dolls.

They are just two different schools of force-user, each branching off into a different directions.

they likely say he, because they rolled a male Warrior :p I say she because I rolled female. Saying s/he will be seen by many as a waste of time :p

Also, FYI, s/he can do a lot of tricks the inquisitor can't, like force-choke

Actually, there are two Force Choke prompts for Inquisitors. You can Force Choke that one Republic army guy on Rishi during the SoR story and you can choke that blue-haired woman Tora in KOTFE.

Actually, there are two Force Choke prompts for Inquisitors. You can Force Choke that one Republic army guy on Rishi during the SoR story and you can choke that blue-haired woman Tora in KOTFE.

If we're going by cutscenes though, then there are times the warrior can force-persuade during the BBA event.

I simply assumed my Wrath couldn't do it and that no one masters the Force entirely. As an avid and veteran 40k player, I held a similar view of the force as I did towards psykana abilities.

To quote a chap from one of the novels;

"You get what you get"

I simply assumed my Wrath couldn't do it and that no one masters the Force entirely. As an avid and veteran 40k player, I held a similar view of the force as I did towards psykana abilities.

To quote a chap from one of the novels;

"You get what you get"

And you make the best of it.

And you make the best of it.

Precisely. I imagined my character using the force for such things as enhancing her reflexes, balance and other physical attributes, to expedite victory in melee combat. As a warrior, I imagine she'd consider that feats of telekinesis and agility would be possessed of greater utility than more subtle disciplines such as persuasion. Persuading others through the force is simply a trait that never manifested in her, and she does not regret its absence.

SI can use TK, they just typically don't since lightning is way cooler (see fight vs Thanaton)

Assassins/Shadows also have saber throw now (low slash)

This means scream and saber smash are the only powers off the top of my head the wrath has the SI doesn't (assuming smash and overload aren't related).

As others have said, I'm pretty sure the wrath COULD learn them, but why bother when you can just eviscerate your enemies? Doing homework has never seemed like the wrath's cup of tea.

Is not smash basically force push on the ground that makes a small earthquake? But yeah force scream is unique to him none other of the force using heroes can use it. I think its a very rare skill actually never saw anyone besides him use it. Maybe Malgus I heard he can also use it well could before his injuries.

Is not smash basically force push on the ground that makes a small earthquake? But yeah force scream is unique to him none other of the force using heroes can use it. I think its a very rare skill actually never saw anyone besides him use it. Maybe Malgus I heard he can also use it well could before his injuries.

It's pretty common amongst warrior type NPCs

The Warrior can't use lightning because classes were based on SW movies stereotypes(except maybe agent) and Vader doesn't use lightning. Another reason is because the Sith classes were supposed to be different.

We all know that Vader didn't use lightning cus his limbs were mech but back then the game had a different design concept and it just stayed that way.

This is all really dumb since it doesn't make any lore sense. I still have a hope that in the future the devs will introduce some form of lightning either through ability animation customization or through a totally new ability.

Also Smash and Vengeful Slam project some kind of red lightning, similar to the Son's. http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/image_f0aee0bd.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=320

Edited by Kaedusz

The Warrior can't use lightning because classes were based on SW movies stereotypes(except maybe agent)

Fun fact, according to the devs the agent was actually there to show you how someone like Tarkin could boss Vader around, which gave me this fascinating idea of Peter Cushing with a half-dozen vibro-knives up his sleeves and a sniper rifle on the wall of his quarters.

Now if only Clone Wars had made his younger self half as bad-a** as that.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Here's a little trick I do for a lightning.

First complete sith sorcerer or assassin story. Next on your wrath click heroic moment and you get a lightning ability called force lightning. Heroic moment now has a cooldown of 5 mins.

Edited by sithgreyguard

I think the trooper has no iconic character in the franchise he was created from/

Well looking at the armor the trooper get I would say: Clone Troopers (most likely Clones like Commander Cody, Captain Rex or even ne ARC Troopers) and Stormtroopers.

Simply put: The cannon fodder just in "cool"

Edited by Sichey