Why Melee DPS's are Bad after 3.0?

SkyEye

Why BioWare make Melee DPS almost useless? I've been even kicked from random Group cause i'm melee DPS. And i'm not bad DPS.

Bulo 8HM - 3 845 DPS

Saber Squadron 8HM - 3 434 DPS

Malaphar 8HM - 3 780 DPS

But it's nothing... compare to RDPS it's nothing. Melee's after 3.0 dont do a lot's of damage and take much more by the Bosses. In End-Game Content in 3.0 is too many mechanics which restrict Melee DPS's.

Will be there changes for all Melee DPS classes?

Why BioWare make Melee DPS almost useless? I've been even kicked from random Group cause i'm melee DPS. And i'm not bad DPS.

Bulo 8HM - 3 845 DPS

Saber Squadron 8HM - 3 434 DPS

Malaphar 8HM - 3 780 DPS

But it's nothing... compare to RDPS it's nothing. Melee's after 3.0 dont do a lot's of damage and take much more by the Bosses. In End-Game Content in 3.0 is too many mechanics which restrict Melee DPS's.

Will be there changes for all Melee DPS classes?

Try linking your Sword Squadron HM achievement when joining random pugs. That fight is a killer for MDPS, and pulling that off means SM is a joke

Edited by TACeMossie

i've numbers close to yours op, i'll add that on bulo hm i've been sitting below 500 dtps, fortunately i've been busy tanking pugs and i kept my sent for guild runs where people trust me. linking that achievment could remove raid leaders' fears..playing these ops make you a better mdps..i've been pulled for having an undergeared mara and i was among the few not dying in a bad underlurker pug.. probably it's just rdd that is easy..we could use some fights where the ranged are bothered with circles and melee left alone..

i've numbers close to yours op, i'll add that on bulo hm i've been sitting below 500 dtps, fortunately i've been busy tanking pugs and i kept my sent for guild runs where people trust me. linking that achievment could remove raid leaders' fears..playing these ops make you a better mdps..i've been pulled for having an undergeared mara and i was among the few not dying in a bad underlurker pug.. probably it's just rdd that is easy..we could use some fights where the ranged are bothered with circles and melee left alone..

Yeah some fights. But every Ops should be available for all classes. Melee DPS damage are ridicolous against Ranged DPS damage. Melee DPS should have highest damage in game cause the mechanics and movement reducing their damage in fight. While RDPS just stand on spot and somethimes run from Circle.

Mdps are not bad, they are only bad if you have too many.

Yeah some fights. But every Ops should be available for all classes. Melee DPS damage are ridicolous against Ranged DPS damage. Melee DPS should have highest damage in game cause the mechanics and movement reducing their damage in fight. While RDPS just stand on spot and somethimes run from Circle.

You can do enough dps with a melee, for example in my head possible numbers for a shadow in some bosses are

Bulo: 4.8k possible (no fluff), Torque 5k possible, Malaphar - there is no difference between melee and ranged, its a dummy parse. Walkers - 4.5k possible if you don't run bomb (maybe even more, I always run bomb on HM so I haven't tried), Underlurker 4.5k is doable if everything goes good for you. Having mdps is also viable on the last bosses , as I said the only thing is you don't want too many.

Also a sentinel I play with can do decent numbers as well, like doing 4.1k on rev. commanders in combat etc.

Only IO merc dps needs to go down a bit.

Edited by invertioN

Look for all Parses on the Internet... dummy/bosses and tell me. Did you saw Sentinel/Marauder as the Leader of Leaderboards? If you find one just let me know.

Why do marauders need to be on the top ? Most of the good marauders switched to other dps to make progression easier and because they are not as fun to play.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/3089/14 - this guy is only 100 dps behind the top walkers parse and I think its pretty good. Shows there is potential in the class.

Look for all Parses on the Internet... dummy/bosses and tell me. Did you saw Sentinel/Marauder as the Leader of Leaderboards? If you find one just let me know.

the topic wasn't ''melee dps are bad at dummy parses'', we were discussing mdps viability starting from OP kicked for being melee and while it may be harsh having 4 in your progression team you can successfully bring a couple of them, since their dps is still enough for Hm fights. the problem is that you need a good player to handle those classes in a content tier with tons of raid damage, while you can have 4 ranged dummies with one button and win. it's rdps that's easy, not mdps that is not viable.

the topic wasn't ''melee dps are bad at dummy parses'', we were discussing mdps viability starting from OP kicked for being melee and while it may be harsh having 4 in your progression team you can successfully bring a couple of them, since their dps is still enough for Hm fights. the problem is that you need a good player to handle those classes in a content tier with tons of raid damage, while you can have 4 ranged dummies with one button and win. it's rdps that's easy, not mdps that is not viable.

Bulo says wot

Why do marauders need to be on the top ? Most of the good marauders switched to other dps to make progression easier and because they are not as fun to play.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/3089/14 - this guy is only 100 dps behind the top walkers parse and I think its pretty good. Shows there is potential in the class.

Yeah, but looking at the top two parses damagewise (both rDPS) you will also find, that the Marauder took about 40 - 50% more damage than the other two. And I think that highlights the problems melee are facing with this raid tier.

It's almost to the point where no one wants Melee in the 3.0 raids. It's all about ranged. I don't want easy. I just want the purpose of playing a melee DPS to matter in 3.0 raid content. Not everyone has an interest in ranged classes.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a reoccurring theme in MMO's today. You'll get a 75% of the fights in a tier make playing melee a pain. While range will get a closer to 10% of the fights are a pain. It's rather dumb, but I don't design the games I'm just forced to adapt to it. Hell, I've done fights in a couple games that as melee you sit around twiddling your thumbs in the back of the room for an entire phase because it's that unfriendly to us. Edited by XisscVekno

• 2 weeks later...
Try linking your Sword Squadron HM achievement when joining random pugs. That fight is a killer for MDPS, and pulling that off means SM is a joke

Except of course an Achievement is legacy-wide; you could just as easily have gotten that while on a ranged DPS... so all that proves is that you have a decent Ops-capable character somewhere in your legacy, not that the MDPS is the one that got it.

There's no doubt, however, that the ops designers seem to be utterly blind to the amount of melee-unfriendly mechanics they stuff in, then wonder why Ops teams take 3 ranged and 1 melee (at most).

Edited by LilyJedi