Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Melee DPS's are Bad after 3.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Why Melee DPS's are Bad after 3.0?

SkyEye
02.24.2015 , 05:53 PM | #1
Why BioWare make Melee DPS almost useless? I've been even kicked from random Group cause i'm melee DPS. And i'm not bad DPS.

Bulo 8HM - 3 845 DPS
Saber Squadron 8HM - 3 434 DPS
Malaphar 8HM - 3 780 DPS

But it's nothing... compare to RDPS it's nothing. Melee's after 3.0 dont do a lot's of damage and take much more by the Bosses. In End-Game Content in 3.0 is too many mechanics which restrict Melee DPS's.
Will be there changes for all Melee DPS classes?

TACeMossie
02.24.2015 , 05:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyEye View Post
Why BioWare make Melee DPS almost useless? I've been even kicked from random Group cause i'm melee DPS. And i'm not bad DPS.

Bulo 8HM - 3 845 DPS
Saber Squadron 8HM - 3 434 DPS
Malaphar 8HM - 3 780 DPS

But it's nothing... compare to RDPS it's nothing. Melee's after 3.0 dont do a lot's of damage and take much more by the Bosses. In End-Game Content in 3.0 is too many mechanics which restrict Melee DPS's.
Will be there changes for all Melee DPS classes?
Try linking your Sword Squadron HM achievement when joining random pugs. That fight is a killer for MDPS, and pulling that off means SM is a joke
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

JouerTue
02.24.2015 , 06:47 PM | #3
i've numbers close to yours op, i'll add that on bulo hm i've been sitting below 500 dtps, fortunately i've been busy tanking pugs and i kept my sent for guild runs where people trust me. linking that achievment could remove raid leaders' fears..playing these ops make you a better mdps..i've been pulled for having an undergeared mara and i was among the few not dying in a bad underlurker pug.. probably it's just rdd that is easy..we could use some fights where the ranged are bothered with circles and melee left alone..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

SkyEye
02.25.2015 , 03:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i've numbers close to yours op, i'll add that on bulo hm i've been sitting below 500 dtps, fortunately i've been busy tanking pugs and i kept my sent for guild runs where people trust me. linking that achievment could remove raid leaders' fears..playing these ops make you a better mdps..i've been pulled for having an undergeared mara and i was among the few not dying in a bad underlurker pug.. probably it's just rdd that is easy..we could use some fights where the ranged are bothered with circles and melee left alone..
Yeah some fights. But every Ops should be available for all classes. Melee DPS damage are ridicolous against Ranged DPS damage. Melee DPS should have highest damage in game cause the mechanics and movement reducing their damage in fight. While RDPS just stand on spot and somethimes run from Circle.

invertioN
02.25.2015 , 03:29 AM | #5
Mdps are not bad, they are only bad if you have too many.

Yeah some fights. But every Ops should be available for all classes. Melee DPS damage are ridicolous against Ranged DPS damage. Melee DPS should have highest damage in game cause the mechanics and movement reducing their damage in fight. While RDPS just stand on spot and somethimes run from Circle.
You can do enough dps with a melee, for example in my head possible numbers for a shadow in some bosses are
Bulo: 4.8k possible (no fluff), Torque 5k possible, Malaphar - there is no difference between melee and ranged, its a dummy parse. Walkers - 4.5k possible if you don't run bomb (maybe even more, I always run bomb on HM so I haven't tried), Underlurker 4.5k is doable if everything goes good for you. Having mdps is also viable on the last bosses , as I said the only thing is you don't want too many.

Also a sentinel I play with can do decent numbers as well, like doing 4.1k on rev. commanders in combat etc.

Only IO merc dps needs to go down a bit.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

llayles
02.25.2015 , 09:06 AM | #6
Apparently you know things the entire community does not. You should make a post in the sent/mara subforum showing us the error of our ways.

SkyEye
02.26.2015 , 12:02 AM | #7
Look for all Parses on the Internet... dummy/bosses and tell me. Did you saw Sentinel/Marauder as the Leader of Leaderboards? If you find one just let me know.

invertioN
02.26.2015 , 01:32 AM | #8
Look for all Parses on the Internet... dummy/bosses and tell me. Did you saw Sentinel/Marauder as the Leader of Leaderboards? If you find one just let me know.
Why do marauders need to be on the top ? Most of the good marauders switched to other dps to make progression easier and because they are not as fun to play.
http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk...r/view/3089/14 - this guy is only 100 dps behind the top walkers parse and I think its pretty good. Shows there is potential in the class.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

JouerTue
02.26.2015 , 01:51 AM | #9
the topic wasn't ''melee dps are bad at dummy parses'', we were discussing mdps viability starting from OP kicked for being melee and while it may be harsh having 4 in your progression team you can successfully bring a couple of them, since their dps is still enough for Hm fights. the problem is that you need a good player to handle those classes in a content tier with tons of raid damage, while you can have 4 ranged dummies with one button and win. it's rdps that's easy, not mdps that is not viable.
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

llayles
02.26.2015 , 11:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
the topic wasn't ''melee dps are bad at dummy parses'', we were discussing mdps viability starting from OP kicked for being melee and while it may be harsh having 4 in your progression team you can successfully bring a couple of them, since their dps is still enough for Hm fights. the problem is that you need a good player to handle those classes in a content tier with tons of raid damage, while you can have 4 ranged dummies with one button and win. it's rdps that's easy, not mdps that is not viable.
Bulo says wot