PvP Gear Stats for Madness Spec Assassin in 2.8

CYUBScooter

Was reading through the post "Crit or Power for Madness?" and really want to run a 30% crit build for my madness assassin. I was wondering what the stats would look like if you go this route. Looking through some other posts I am not really sure what I should be aiming for with this crit build. For example is it best to stack as much crit as possible even above 30% or is it better to stack up to 30% crit and dump the rest into power? Along these lines, what would some of the other stat targets look like such as accuracy, surge, and power?

Not sure if this already exists for Madness Assassin's, but I would like to create an AskMrRobot profile for the min/max gear of both Obroan and Brutalizer. I have been playing around with the numbers, but need some target values on crit and surge before going through the min/max process.

Evolixe, it would be great to get some input from your experience since it seems like you have played Madness a good bit. Thank you all in advance for your help. Looking forward to the changes in 2.8 and playing around with Madness.

heres my stats im full min/maxed with brut and willpower augs and the biochem reuseable stim. With 30% crit ive been getting alot more heals vs. 25% crit almost double i went from 30-40k healing to about 80-100k healing a pvp round. Now im no math wiz so im just going by what i see on my scorecard at the end of each round.

http://i.imgur.com/mc7EnMl.png"]http://i.imgur.com/mc7EnMl.png[/url]

heres my stats im full min/maxed with brut and willpower augs and the biochem reuseable stim. With 30% crit ive been getting alot more heals vs. 25% crit almost double i went from 30-40k healing to about 80-100k healing a pvp round. Now im no math wiz so im just going by what i see on my scorecard at the end of each round.

Normally I'd say provide the AMR for it, but thankfully I can tell its Max surge, 0 accuracy, ~30% crit, rest in power.

You can probably get closer to 30.00% crit than that. But yeah, you're close enough.

If I plan on switching back and forth from madness & deception which set bonus should I roll with?

You should get 2 items with the force master set. Swap them back and forth to Stalker as you swap specs.

If I plan on switching back and forth from madness & deception which set bonus should I roll with?

Dunno if I'd bother playing Deception at 30% crit. You'd probably want two different gear sets.

Dunno if I'd bother playing Deception at 30% crit. You'd probably want two different gear sets.

This:

Put the extra crit in the Force Masters set bonus, and use the Force Masters set bonus when playing madness, or the stalkers set bonus when playing deception

This:

Put the extra crit in the Force Masters set bonus, and use the Force Masters set bonus when playing madness, or the stalkers set bonus when playing deception

I'll see if i can keep that in the back of my mind when creating the Madness BiS gear profile.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/dcd45136-85e5-488e-99dc-8afee1569ad7

My "wish list" gear is probably the thing I'm going to use, at least that's what I'm grinding since after I min-maxed my tanking and infiltration gear. That was the closest I could get to 30.00% crit (30.02%).

Basically, full Battle Enhancements except one which goes Adept, Power/Surge Earpiece (Force Mystic), Crit/Surge (Force Master MK-2) implants, 4 Mettle Mods, everything else is what you would expect - Resolve augments, Aptitude Mods, etc.

A good way to avoid swapping and augmenting tons of gear sets (not a problem for me, I have so many full sets in my inventory, that I barely have room for medpacks and crafting :D) is to put 2 of the Mettle mods in your mainhand/offhand and the other 2 in the Force Master pieces that you will use for the set bonus, and remove 2 battle enhancements. Battle Enhancement gives 47 crit rating versus 52 of Mettle Mod, so you will get slightly, only 10 crit rating, more as Deception, which shouldn't be too bad. And when you swap between Deception and Madness, you will only have to swap implants, and the 2 pieces for the set bonus. Of course, for this suggestion, I assume people use Evo's armory (the one in his signature), which uses only a single Adept enhancement, with Battle enhancements for all other pieces.

For people like me who go with lower crit rating as Deception, it is harder, just because we need all these battle enhancements.

Edited by DarrelK

Brut one is a bit different:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/17f38b2e-3754-4b1b-9ea0-efa8b113e23a

I havn't been able to recreate your suggested loadout with 4 Mettle Mods and 1 Adept Enh.

However with 2 Adept Enhancements and 5 Mettle Mods I have. And it is indeed as close as it gets.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7ef185ec-20c0-4bd4-9aab-52f0c7a24946

That will be BiS for Madness come 2.8.

Mods actual placements are of course interchangable, I did not account for minimal cost at the vendor.

Edited by Evolixe

You missed one augment on your build, the offhand. :)

EDIT: Yep, checked to be sure, and with the augment in place you can go 1 Adept 4 Mettle and you are on 30.02%

Edited by DarrelK

As someone who often reads but rarely posts, I just wanted to let you guys know that your work is not going unappreciated. I have kept tabs on those of your who have been playing on the PTS and making comments in those forums and on these class forums.

Good work.

Edited by Draconus-Spawn

So you guys are saying 30% is really that much better then 25% crit? because you sacrifice a lot of force-power for it as crit rating diminishing returns is bad after 400 rating right? So this could be a gain in healing but a big reduction in damage.

Im playing at 25% crit rating myself now pre 2.8 and 9/10 times im nr.1 on damage in both Warzones and Arena's. And no im not just dotting everyone using fluf damage just to be nr1 eather :p

So you guys are saying 30% is really that much better then 25% crit? because you sacrifice a lot of force-power for it as crit rating diminishing returns is bad after 400 rating right? So this could be a gain in healing but a big reduction in damage.

Im playing at 25% crit rating myself now pre 2.8 and 9/10 times im nr.1 on damage in both Warzones and Arena's. And no im not just dotting everyone using fluf damage just to be nr1 eather :p

It won't be a big reduction in damage. It'll make you just as if not more deadly.

Ok so your bis gear for madness why did you aim as close to 30% ( melee) crit without going to much over it instead of aiming for 30% force crit rating. Because that's at 29,50% with that gear of yours.

Or have you calculated that your char has collected all the strength datacrons witch will give you that extra 0,5%? :D

Ok so your bis gear for madness why did you aim as close to 30% ( melee) crit without going to much over it instead of aiming for 30% force crit rating. Because that's at 29,50% with that gear of yours.

Or have you calculated that your char has collected all the strength datacrons witch will give you that extra 0,5%? :D

That's as close as he could really get (or even need to get) to 30% without giving too much up.

The high melee crit is a side effect.

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

That's as close as he could really get (or even need to get) to 30% without giving too much up.

The high melee crit is a side effect.

Actually no. We could still get closer to 30% force crit.

Melee crit is just what we go by. Hence we stop there.

It is good to have consistency, especially when using so many DoTs. It sucks how in some matches I do 1900 dps, in others barely 1200-1300, in my current 22% crit gear. Of course depends on match itself, but in 2 almost identical matches my dps varied like 300 dps... And I basically played the same way all the time.