Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post Patch 1.2 Healer Survey

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Post Patch 1.2 Healer Survey

-Reedyn
04.14.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
With all the discussion and flamewar going on here on the forums about the changes in 1.2 it can be very difficult to see whether it's a large portion of the player-base that are unhappy or if it's just a vocal minority. Hopefully this survey will give us a little bit more insight into who and what people are unhappy with.
All data will be published both in raw format and in graphical form.

forceheal
Healing Discussion Board & Community
www.forceheal.com | @forceheal

XtremJedi
04.14.2012 , 04:34 PM | #2
Took it. Would have been nice to have check-boxes for the 'which classes are you playing' - since some of us play more than one healing class.

Also.... general question about which class is most powerful and least powerful I found almost impossible to answer. There are a lot of 'it depends' qualifications to any of those answers. Perhaps a better option might have been to ask "Which class do you feel you would most/least prefer to play at this time?".

Just a bit of feedback.

X

RuQu
04.14.2012 , 09:28 PM | #3
Took it.

Below are some suggestions to help decrease bias in the results and clarify areas where the results would be vague.

I was considering making a similar survey, so thank you for doing this. There will, of course, be a sampling bias in that not many people come to the Healer Forum as it is. I will update my Sig and put a link to this thread in it to try and get some greater exposure as well.

Please reply if you intend to update the questions, and Ill update my signature once the new version is up if you intend to, or with the current version if you don't, so people don't fill out this version if you are going to update the survey.

First question: You need to provide a "No longer healing" or "None of the Above" option to the first question.

Third question: I'd recommend moving this question about what you healed on pre-1.2 to be the first question, as the way it is currently formatted may have people accidentally select their pre-1.2 class as a response to the first question.

This question:
Quote:
Are you more or less inclined to play your healing character since 1.2?
I would rephrase this as "How likely are you to continue healing in 1.2?" Asking "A or B" biases responses towards answer A.

I would follow it with a question about what class they are most likely to heal with in 1.2.

This question:
Quote:
Do you intend to or have unsubscribed because of the changes in 1.2?
I would rephrase as "How does patch 1.2 affect your likelihood of resubscribing or unsubscribing?" and give a scale as with other questions with a range from definitely/already unsubscribed to definitely/already resubscribed.

I would separate the "most powerful" question into parts. PvP, AoE, single-target, raid-group-healer, burst healer, and resource management are probably good subcategories. Same with weakest. Perhaps make it a question of assigning 1-3 for each of those categories with 1 the most powerful and 3 the least.

I would ask a question about which class has the most interesting gameplay/rotation/decisions.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Daiyukie
04.14.2012 , 09:35 PM | #4
Took it, would like to be able to see the total percentage results once completed to get a feel for what people's opinions are, or will that data be shared after?

Zaranok
04.14.2012 , 09:49 PM | #5
A QQ survey I love these

Dont worry guys im sure Bioware will see their mistake and put you guys back to the healing you had before 1.2 (the times where you didnt have to feel like people were taking a **** all over you)

I am playing a sorcerer healer myself in PvP and obviously its a bit more challenging now then before (which I myself find more fun)

before 1.2 you could basicly outheal the damage taken by a dps player sitting on top of you and still keep up the members of your team without any real problems (It was really EASY being a healer, most of you prefered it like that it seems).

But dont worry... the rest of you who decides to unsubscribe now just means people who actually can adapt to the games changes can remain and become even better without the likes of you taking up spots for the warzones

Goodluck

RuQu
04.14.2012 , 09:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaranok View Post
A QQ survey I love these

Dont worry guys im sure Bioware will see their mistake and put you guys back to the healing you had before 1.2 (the times where you didnt have to feel like people were taking a **** all over you)

I am playing a sorcerer healer myself in PvP and obviously its a bit more challenging now then before (which I myself find more fun)

before 1.2 you could basicly outheal the damage taken by a dps player sitting on top of you and still keep up the members of your team without any real problems (It was really EASY being a healer, most of you prefered it like that it seems).

But dont worry... the rest of you who decides to unsubscribe now just means people who actually can adapt to the games changes can remain and become even better without the likes of you taking up spots for the warzones

Goodluck
If you spent less time condescending to people and more time reading, you'd see that the OP is actually in favor of the changes, and created this survey to see if the anti-1.2 posters were simply a very vocal minority.

I guess he did a decent job of creating an unbiased survey if you couldnt tell that.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Aaoogaa
04.14.2012 , 11:55 PM | #7
You missed one question that I feel is important:

Did you respec to DPS because of 1.2?
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

-Reedyn
04.15.2012 , 01:52 AM | #8
Thank you for all your responses, due to the way the survey works I cannot add/remove questions at this stage, I rephrased some of them though. Hope you enjoy!

Once enough people have taken it I will do some graphs and statistics and post a link to that here. If you want to have a look yourself or make some graphs/visual representation yourself you can see all the data here

Quote: Originally Posted by XtremJedi View Post
Took it. Would have been nice to have check-boxes for the 'which classes are you playing' - since some of us play more than one healing class.
The reason I did this is primarily because most people tend to play one class more and also So I could tie some of the other statistics to what class people are playing, for example to see if more of one class than the other are likely to unsubscribe.

Quote: Originally Posted by XtremJedi View Post
Also.... general question about which class is most powerful and least powerful I found almost impossible to answer. There are a lot of 'it depends' qualifications to any of those answers. Perhaps a better option might have been to ask "Which class do you feel you would most/least prefer to play at this time?".
That's a good suggestion, sadly a bit far into the survey right now to make a change, would make all that data irrelevant.

Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
If you spent less time condescending to people and more time reading, you'd see that the OP is actually in favor of the changes, and created this survey to see if the anti-1.2 posters were simply a very vocal minority.

I guess he did a decent job of creating an unbiased survey if you couldnt tell that.
Thank you, and yes I'm mostly in favor of the changes so far. And primarily because I haven't seen much that indicates what people are complaining about (Not the fun part, but the part where some classes are supposed to be severely underpowered since the patch, hello Sorcerers/Sages)

Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
You missed one question that I feel is important:

Did you respec to DPS because of 1.2?
It's partly there with the question: "How likely are you to continue healing in 1.2?"
forceheal
Healing Discussion Board & Community
www.forceheal.com | @forceheal

darksidechemist
04.15.2012 , 02:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaranok View Post
A QQ survey I love these

Goodluck
Obvious troll is obvious....

ErrantMercenary
04.15.2012 , 09:10 AM | #10
Submitted. It is worth noting that for me personally the question "Do you plan to unsubscribe because of 1.2?" is a little loaded in that while it is true, my unsubscribing coincides with the release of 1.2, and that I am largely unhappy with the changes it is unfair to make "the changes" the scapegoat for everything in the current state of the game I'm dissatisfied with. Case in point, if anyone on the dev side had warned "Expect nerfs, here's the data we have that suggests you need it" I would've said "Yeah, okay, sure." but promises under or undelivered on is a running theme it seems, and I'm too old and worn out to listen to a sales pitch on why something I don't enjoy is good for me anymore.
Don't worry guys, my motorcycle safety course was three whole days.