Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

-50% dmg Jedi Consular ability...very smart

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
-50% dmg Jedi Consular ability...very smart

KrackenOne's Avatar


KrackenOne
02.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
i got beat 1v1 once too.

Troo storie
roflhahaha
I see I have "fans"
Pubs: Prophecy of the Five: Kråcken, Forester, Korvela, Spaceba'r, Disconnected Fatman: Åcë, Ziggystårdust Port Nowhere: Dumptruck
IMPs: Fatman: Ååå Prophecy of the Five: Tyrená, Bela'Vistal

wfreeman's Avatar


wfreeman
02.18.2012 , 04:17 PM | #12
The JK heroic moment has saved my group on flashpoints several times when our healer (who's still learning the ropes) got overwhelmed and couldn't heal me in time.

And remember how weak sorcerers are 1v1. If they were to catch agro from a champion because the tank, for whatever reason, lost agro, they'd be down in a blink. That "heroic moment" is pretty much the only way they'd make it out alive.

-Scopes-'s Avatar


-Scopes-
02.18.2012 , 04:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by wfreeman View Post
The JK heroic moment has saved my group on flashpoints several times when our healer (who's still learning the ropes) got overwhelmed and couldn't heal me in time.

And remember how weak sorcerers are 1v1. If they were to catch agro from a champion because the tank, for whatever reason, lost agro, they'd be down in a blink. That "heroic moment" is pretty much the only way they'd make it out alive.
this is not talking about the Heroic Moment...everyone gets those abilities at approx lvl 15...this is the lvl 46 ability that JC/SI ONLY have...PLUS the Heroic...2 "with companion" abilities
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
this is rediculous im getting an lawer and sewing biowear

Ashania's Avatar


Ashania
02.18.2012 , 04:45 PM | #14
Unity has only since been working properly thanks to a recent patch. Before then it actually increased the damage received by 50%, not reduce :P
50 Sawbones Scoundrel | 50 Medicine Operative
50 Seer Sage | 50 Deception Assassin
50 Bodyguard Mercenary

GavinPatterson's Avatar


GavinPatterson
02.18.2012 , 04:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrags View Post
I have absolutely no idea what abilities you are referring to... there is no complete heal or -50% damage anywhere.
Face palm - ignorance is bliss
Barsen'thor; Jedi Master, Council member, mender of the rift and master of hidden knowledge

-Scopes-'s Avatar


-Scopes-
02.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
i got beat 1v1 once too.

troo storie
it was 2v1(2v4 with companions..which is even worse)...and in regular situations i wouldve killed them BOTH(i know because i did..then they came back thinking "hey...we got this God-Mod Ability that only we can use! :O)...and so you have poorly skilled players win due to 1 button abilities...really stupid bioware.
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
this is rediculous im getting an lawer and sewing biowear

Laoi's Avatar


Laoi
02.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #17
ehm lets see

1) u get the ability at lvl 47
2) u must have a companion out to use it
3) u cant use companions on ilum or in warzones.
4) u never go back to other planets once u hit 50
5) theres more than enough abilities in the game that makes it possible to prevent taking dmg while it lasts. (snare+kite, stun+kite, vanish, force speed, kb + kite just to name a few)

yea big deal....













NOT

-Scopes-'s Avatar


-Scopes-
02.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Laoi View Post
ehm lets see

1) u get the ability at lvl 47
2) u must have a companion out to use it
3) u cant use companions on ilum or in warzones.
4) u never go back to other planets once u hit 50
5) theres more than enough abilities in the game that makes it possible to prevent taking dmg while it lasts. (snare+kite, stun+kite, vanish, force speed, kb + kite just to name a few)

yea big deal....













NOT

Since you are mr pvp know it all...i will explain to you why ur wrong.

1. Doesnt matter if you get it at lvl 1. its an over powered ability...if you can't admit it..it just shows how selfish you are and just want to keep something you know should not exist for ANY class or should be available to ALL classes (maybe in different forms)

2. Really? :O :O :O guess what you usually have up when you are NOT in a WZ/Ilum-Warzone area?

3. So? There are things called Dailies...Datacron Hunting...Lore Hunting...Epic Monster Hunting...Or just plain exploring. All which allow companions to be up.

4. Speak for yourself...again proving that you only think about your needs and not others.

5. No there isnt...CCing lasts about 3-4 seconds on stuns...5-6 on some classes which have the break-on-dmg effect. but those usually get CC-broke Mr PvP know-it-all. Some classes may kite, like a sniper/Gunsliger or a Sorc/Sage (but those have this ability anyway so whatever)...but what about melee? and if they are stealthers...jump u..slow u right away ...then u try to kite..they can always just sprint to u...and if they are casters in open world...they usually dont need to chase u/be kited since they can get u from far away anyway...and this isnt a arena map...this is open world..some areas dont have LoS protection. Also, U know the thing called the Resolve bar? yea that thing which gives u about 2 CCs before you cant be CCed anymore yea..usually that means u can only be CCed for about 4 seconds..since the 2nd CC would be broken with ability. and also single target CC wont stop their companion from slowing/CCing u..or even dotting u(cant vanish) so u either remain in place or not be able to leave. Also you speak about a 1v1 scenario which doesn't always happen..u have 2v1 situations where u cant CC both because of another thing called COOLDOWNS! :O no wayyy...how did a smart person like you with all those nice points didnt think of that one?

So MY situation was this:

I am a Juggernaut...2 Shadows jumped me while doing dailies @ ilum...i killed them BOTH....then 5 minutes later get jumped again...altho this time...*** my dmg was nothing...got killed...something is not right...never seen them use that in Warzones before do some research and find out Bioware are geniuses. As for your "CC AND KITE! I AM SMARTZ" arguement. My 1 min Force Choke which stuns for 3 seconds (channeled..so the other person and 2 more companions kept attacking me...and also able to be interupted) and my aoe fear (which they just CCbroke...as they should have since its my longest CC)..only to be left with a force push...which they just sprinted back after using...and that, is also single target...which also meant 3 were still on me....normally even with the disadvantage of fighting 2 players...i would do my best to survive and finish them both..and use the basic tactics (kill ranged then melee)but now i do -50% dmg to ALL 4 for 15 seconds? I know you are a smart PvP God...but let me say this...incase u didnt already know...when outnumbered..u have to burst 1 quick..and then take care of the other...guess what you cant do when all targets take -50% dmg? :O


Just be a rational person and admit the ability is overpowered and very unfair to the other classes which dont have a 2nd "Open World" ability....It will make you look wiser
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
this is rediculous im getting an lawer and sewing biowear

Wolfbad's Avatar


Wolfbad
02.18.2012 , 06:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by -Scopes- View Post
I am a Juggernaut...2 Shadows jumped me while doing dailies @ ilum...i killed them BOTH....then 5 minutes later get jumped again...altho this time...*** my dmg was nothing...got killed...something is not right...
You are complaining about being killed by two players against only you. Two players that, previously, you killed by yourself. Your argument is pretty solid.
I am a wolf

Cragen's Avatar


Cragen
02.18.2012 , 07:47 PM | #20
I'd love for them to remove unity. Last useful ability you get as a base consuler is at 22. Tumult is pretty much useless outside of finishing off low hp mobs and unity you get at 50 and by then it is absolutely useless.

I can't even think of a place where you'd find world pvp against other 50s with active companions.

I'd love to actually get something from the shared tree past level 22 that I could use in PvP.