Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG - Smash 4stack Shockwave Buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BUG - Smash 4stack Shockwave Buff

-Scopes-
06.27.2012 , 07:28 PM | #1
Need a dev to comment on this if possible...

My basic Smash dmg is 2k

4 stacks of Shockwave should give my smash +100% dmg to next smash correct? and that should make me do 4k right?

So why when i use Enrage to get 4stacks does it show my smash dmg as 3700ish? Is there a cap? a tooltip mistype? clarification would be nice

Edit:

Figured it out...its 100% dmg added BEFORE the +20% dmg to smash talents...once u double that and you add the +20% of the unbuffed smash dmg...then u get the 3700.
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
this is rediculous im getting an lawer and sewing biowear

AllanGand
06.27.2012 , 09:32 PM | #2
armor reduces damage as a percentage.

Helig
06.27.2012 , 10:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
armor reduces damage as a percentage.
Precisely. Plus, damage reduction modifiers from talents\stances.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

-Scopes-
06.27.2012 , 10:10 PM | #4
no...i am not talking about AFTER i use the attack on someone....ofc armor/expertise/etc factor in...

I am talking about if i hover my mouse over the Smash icon...it says i do 2k...but when i pop Enrage to get 4 stacks of Shockwave...hovering my mouse over the button again..shows dmg as 3700...

Helig
06.27.2012 , 10:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Scopes- View Post
no...i am not talking about AFTER i use the attack on someone....ofc armor/expertise/etc factor in...

I am talking about if i hover my mouse over the Smash icon...it says i do 2k...but when i pop Enrage to get 4 stacks of Shockwave...hovering my mouse over the button again..shows dmg as 3700...
That's strange. Could be an UI bug. Have you tested it?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

-Scopes-
06.27.2012 , 10:26 PM | #6
hard to test since not sure how much dmg is reduced due to armor (like on a dummy)...but try popping enrage and see...it doesnt double the dmg...

EDIT:

I think i figured it out...i guess i will delete this thread...

its basically 100% of ur dmg BEFORE the +20% dmg to get from talents...after u add that 100% to base...THEN add 20% of your original smash hit...so lets say i do approx 1600 dmg before the +20% dmg...double that...3300...then add the 400 dmg from the +20%....3700ish

Helig
06.27.2012 , 10:28 PM | #7
Yeah, I think you're right.