Suggestions for next character? Got Veng Jugg to 70

Mashugana

What do you think would be a nice change of pace for me for a next character? I played a Vengeance Juggernaut non stop over the past 2 months - went from 1-70 and finished KotFE but not LotET. Did Revan and Ziost, ran bunches of heroics for cash and Alliance Crates, and in general had a ball.

But two months on the same tton has me burnt. What is a change of pace? My focus is just PvE story. Should I try ranged since I did all melee? Republic since I did the Empire side of the story? A more DPS focused character since Vengance feels a litte weak sometimes?

I'd like a good story, interesting dialogue and companions, and a fun play style. I've tried every class to 20 and cannot decide. The only one I actively dislike is the Trooper for the incredibly bland dialogue. But maybe she says more than 'yes sir' later in the game.

Anyhoo, thanks for any advice.

Edit: Or should I try Mass Effect or one of the old single player RFPs that I have never tired?

Edited by Mashugana

What do you think would be a nice change of pace for me for a next character? I played a Vengeance Juggernaut non stop over the past 2 months - went from 1-70 and finished KotFE but not LotET. Did Revan and Ziost, ran bunches of heroics for cash and Alliance Crates, and in general had a ball.

But two months on the same tton has me burnt. What is a change of pace? My focus is just PvE story. Should I try ranged since I did all melee? Republic since I did the Empire side of the story? A more DPS focused character since Vengance feels a litte weak sometimes?

I'd like a good story, interesting dialogue and companions, and a fun play style. I've tried every class to 20 and cannot decide. The only one I actively dislike is the Trooper for the incredibly bland dialogue. But maybe she says more than 'yes sir' later in the game.

Anyhoo, thanks for any advice.

Trooper and bounty hunters can be quite fun when played dark side

Smugglers and Imperial agents can be interesting whichever way you play them

Sith inquisitors and Consulars can be a little weak starting out story wise but tend to get better by chapter 2

and for the more fairly balanced side of the warrior and knight the marauder and sentinel are great for pure DPS

I'd play the Jedi Knight story next. It's a bit connected to the Warrior story, but viewed from the other side of course.

Alternatively I'd play the Imperial Agent story, simply because it's IMO the best story out there and the story with the most replayability.

Thank guys - questions:

• For the JK I assume I should try Sentinel since I already did the Juggernaut style, yes? Which tree to Sent use to level? I loved Vengeance but it felt weak on dps soling heroics - my guess is a Sent/Marauder will feel much more powerful.
  • For the Gunslinger, why? I played them to 20 and liked hiding behind my little blue energy wall and hosing everything with Sweeping Gunfire but I was worried that might get boring. Maybe the story is so much fun it does not matter?

Thanks again.

Thank guys - questions:

• For the JK I assume I should try Sentinel since I already did the Juggernaut style, yes? Which tree to Sent use to level? I loved Vengeance but it felt weak on dps soling heroics - my guess is a Sent/Marauder will feel much more powerful.
  • For the Gunslinger, why? I played them to 20 and liked hiding behind my little blue energy wall and hosing everything with Sweeping Gunfire but I was worried that might get boring. Maybe the story is so much fun it does not matter?

Thanks again.

I'd give Sentinel a go, I myself prefer playing Jugg/Grd but you need to try both to find out which one you like most.

I prefer Scoundrel gameplay over Gunslinger for the same reason as the one you describe. Sweeping Gunfire is your go-to skill for pretty much everything, which makes it boring to play. The Smuggler story is decent, but only if you like its special kind of humour.

Edited by MFollin

Overall, Imperial Agent has the best story and companions in my opinion. It has a lot of the "game" involved, meaning betrayals, people's own agendas, alliances, and so on. Compared to the "I am godly" theme of the sith storylines, the Imperial Agent story is a lot more realistic and gritty.

I also enjoy using a gun more than a saber. I find being a ****** agent that can go in and shoot a building up to be more entertaining and rewarding than a simple person that can shoot lightning out of their fingers.

I'd recommend a Jedi consular sage if you want to still use a lightsaber and force powers. The sage is a ranged class that is all about using force blasts and launching rocks at your enemies. Although the story is definitely more boring than the others. If you want to get away from Jedi/sith I'd go with smuggler gunslinger. They are also ranged and since you went light side on your sith, I'd go with a dark side smuggler, I'm only on chapter one right now with mine, but I've heard that a dark smuggler essentially becomes a pirate like Hondo rather than a Han Solo character. The dialogue is also more sarcastic and humorous than others.

Id say you should try special protoype, power tech is close ranged but not melee and doesnt feel weak. ive been playing only special prototype powertech for the last 3 weeks and all abilties are balanced, i think he can wear the best armor( mandalorian and other heavy looking armor). Edited by CommunityDroidEU
referral removed