200k on alderaan...in recruit gear

lord-durpp

It's fine, I got 50 yesterday and had maxed out the coms before 50 so started with wh weapon and offhand ad most I've gotten is 242 in a novare but my guildie in mostly wh only got 15k more in the same match.

You should be focusing on your taunts and guarding as well as the incredible cc abilities right now, forget about damage it'll come.

Love this class, wish I'd have rolled it first, not 4th. Looking forward to the free wh candy tuesday, should be rolling shortly. Also, reminder, send over power enhancements from your alts via legacy. I had like 5 of em with 37 power from min maxing my bh.

Edited by Alizaro

wait, so i should be using taunts on our class? i thought we were one of the squishier dps classes. Also, My pinnacles of pvp are discharge, maul, and assassinate. I use them whenever available. I also like to use power and surge predominantly. Edited by lord-durpp
wished to add more

I would say it depends on how you play it, i am in full WH and sometimes i do less than 150k damage in a WZ but my team wins and i solo defend a turret or haunt the healers.

Taunts are very nice especially in big fights when you stealth in and taunt before starting your attacks.

just thinking that because i am a sin dps, i thought of myself as rather squishy....well thanks for clarifying this:)

The real question is what does using taunts and being squishy have to do with each other? Its not guard, u could taunt with 1 hp.

A Sin/Shadow with 0 Protection is doinitwrong.

And btw, you should be 23/1/17 till you are geared, you are way more useful to your team.

Edited by Floegens

wait, so i should be using taunts on our class? i thought we were one of the squishier dps classes. Also, My pinnacles of pvp are discharge, maul, and assassinate. I use them whenever available. I also like to use power and surge predominantly.

The taunt does not increase the damage you take, you still take the same damage. It just decreases the amount of damage OTHERS deal on your team mates.

Yes you should be using your taunts, its amazing how many people have taunts and never use them in PvP.

I use a N52TE and have both of my taunts macro'd to every damage ability I have. I spam taunts like there is no tomorrow.

And btw, you should be 23/1/17 till you are geared, you are way more useful to your team.

This is by far the best advice in this thread. Learn to use your utility to help your team, when you get gear you will actually have burst that matters and then you can start trying the other hybrid specs and full Deception.