Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Benirons
07.17.2019 , 05:47 AM | #9651
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
dying 😂
benirons stop queueing, ya jerk
Have i mentioned when i was pushing in czerka core meltdown so hard on my slinger, that the tank did not even have time to pull anything? Nobody died... everything else died fast. I even waited in the boss room so that everyone was inside b4 pulling. Yet, i got vote kicked cause tank was butthurt.. go figure.

Euphrosyne
07.22.2019 , 10:33 PM | #9652
I did a lot of group finder runs today.

Highlights would probably be the 252-geared healer who got outhealed by companion heals on the second boss of MM Umbara, and the tank on MM Hammer Station who swore up and down that you could skip all the mobs before the first boss and that they would de-aggro Cademimu style if you kept running.

Also, I am still crusading to get people to stack on the adds in the open courtyard for AoE on the second boss of MM Rakata, rather than going behind the pillar, which is a waste of time. They're melee adds! You don't need to LoS them! Not enough people listen to me.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

TheRandomno
07.23.2019 , 03:19 AM | #9653
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Highlights would probably be the 252-geared healer who got outhealed by companion heals on the second boss of MM Umbara
How did you make it past the first boss?

Benirons
07.23.2019 , 08:47 AM | #9654
I did a lot of group finder runs today.

Highlights would probably be the 252-geared healer who got outhealed by companion heals on the second boss of MM Umbara, and the tank on MM Hammer Station who swore up and down that you could skip all the mobs before the first boss and that they would de-aggro Cademimu style if you kept running.

Also, I am still crusading to get people to stack on the adds in the open courtyard for AoE on the second boss of MM Rakata, rather than going behind the pillar, which is a waste of time. They're melee adds! You don't need to LoS them! Not enough people listen to me.
Los around the pillar is so that ppl actually stack w/o telling them to. Otherwise ur melee and tank leap in, and ur ranged and healer r standing out there like a turd getting half the agro. Yes stacking is hard, ppl just love looking at their character models instead of a BT4 covering their screen.

Euphrosyne
07.29.2019 , 10:34 AM | #9655
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
How did you make it past the first boss?
I dunno. It was a queue-in-progress, so I didn't show up until the second boss.
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Los around the pillar is so that ppl actually stack w/o telling them to. Otherwise ur melee and tank leap in, and ur ranged and healer r standing out there like a turd getting half the agro. Yes stacking is hard, ppl just love looking at their character models instead of a BT4 covering their screen.
I think there are a few problems with this approach.

Problem One: in my experience, if you LoS, the people you don't want to bother explaining the fight to - the people who are supposed to be coaxed into stacking by noticing the LoS - still don't usually stack. They spread out enough to delay the kills. That's better than being spread all across the courtyard, but it's suboptimal. We can do better.

Problem Two: even if you explain, "hey, let's just stack out in the open, it's faster" while auto-running toward the boss, people will argue with you. This is what frustrates me more than the loss of efficiency: the straight-up magical thinking that people engage in. They don't actually understand basic concepts like the difference between a melee and ranged enemy. They are simply taught one thing and cling to it unthinkingly. And other flashpoint players continue to facilitate this by insisting on ways of making fights less efficient in ways that avoid teaching the other players trivial mechanics.

When players aren't taught how to do things like stack for melee adds in earlier content like Legacy of the Rakata, they are bad at it in subsequent content, like Kil'Cik the Swarm Lord. It's embarrassing to be in groups that can't handle that fight because ranged and healers don't freaking stack the adds on the boss.

Another example of this sort of thing is when people insist on stacking way out in one of the corners for the first boss on Hammer Station. This is a really stupid thing to do! It often doesn't work, because it's sometimes hard to LoS that boss well. It makes the fight longer. And all it does is potentially avoid the droids that drop red circles, which is one of the easiest possible mechanics to avoid if you play normally (and isn't even hard to heal through if players screw it up a few times). If you can't teach a pug how to avoid red circles, what can you teach them to do?

I understand and support taking steps to ignore mechanics that act as inefficiencies. For example, on Titan 6 in SM, the launch AoE does nothing, and standing behind rocks is a dps loss. While it is valuable to teach players to understand mechanics that will matter in harder content, at least ignoring this particular mechanic makes the fight a bit quicker. But avoiding mechanics by doing something that makes the fight slower frustrates me to no end. The sole reason to do it is because a smarter player doesn't want to bother spending a few seconds to explain something, and I think that's contrary to the whole spirit of playing multiplayer PvE. If you keep infantilizing pugs in group content, you're going to keep getting idiot pugs in group content.

Being inefficient isn't a deal-breaker or anything, but it is annoying and worth complaining about.

Euphrosyne
07.30.2019 , 08:26 PM | #9656
Comedy and tragedy in the same MM FP (Hammer Station).

Tragedy: the healer never cleanses the tank on the first boss despite being told to. (I do see the healer use cleanse on herself once, however.) Through judicious use of reflects and DCDs, the tank manages to survive until the boss is at 20%. Healer manages a brez, not that it's a big deal. This is the same healer who died twice on a previous MM Athiss because she could/would not cleanse herself of the Crushing Darkness dot.

Comedy: the tank decides to turn this Hammer Station into a full-on speedrun and starts borderline chainpulling groups, because, well, it's Hammer Station and the dps can deal. This works fine until Overlord Kreshan, where he stops for a bit to let the healer catch up. At that point, I am inside the room off to the left to avoid Sweeping Blasters. The tank chooses to start the fight with Mad Dash (a strange choice, but whatever). I see him zzzzzzzzzip onto my screen from the right toward the boss...and keep flying past him, like Wile E. Coyote, off the edge of the platform and straight into a death-by-gravity.

"Very well...then we die together!" indeed.

Rolodome
07.31.2019 , 03:50 AM | #9657
Comedy and tragedy in the same MM FP (Hammer Station).

Tragedy: the healer never cleanses the tank on the first boss despite being told to. (I do see the healer use cleanse on herself once, however.) Through judicious use of reflects and DCDs, the tank manages to survive until the boss is at 20%. Healer manages a brez, not that it's a big deal. This is the same healer who died twice on a previous MM Athiss because she could/would not cleanse herself of the Crushing Darkness dot.

Comedy: the tank decides to turn this Hammer Station into a full-on speedrun and starts borderline chainpulling groups, because, well, it's Hammer Station and the dps can deal. This works fine until Overlord Kreshan, where he stops for a bit to let the healer catch up. At that point, I am inside the room off to the left to avoid Sweeping Blasters. The tank chooses to start the fight with Mad Dash (a strange choice, but whatever). I see him zzzzzzzzzip onto my screen from the right toward the boss...and keep flying past him, like Wile E. Coyote, off the edge of the platform and straight into a death-by-gravity.

"Very well...then we die together!" indeed.
Lmao, that's great. I will never understand when people get obsessed with chain-pulling, but obviously don't have the group comp or coordination to do it.

I had a Hammer Station recently (vet mode) with 4 DPS, where one of the DPS was pulling pretty absurdly and then when they reached the turrets and the light bridge, they went straight past the turrets, crossed the bridge, past the adds, killed most of them after LOSing (with the help of me, the only one who had made it past the bridge with them). Then rather than going back to help the other two, who were stuck on the turrets and nearly dead, they pulled the boss.

I went back to help the other too, died in the process, mainly because adds from the boss somehow came after me and overwhelmed me. This loony toons DPS then proceeded to solo the boss and in a moment of lucidity and kindness that genuinely surprised me, came back and killed the turrets, one of which was almost dead, the other not (they nearly died in the process). Though I'm still not sure if they came back out of kindness or just because it would get them out of combat and they didn't know how to leave otherwise. Hard to say. I respawned right away, thinking it would put me close, but it put me all the way back at the entrance, so in a bout of hardcore stubbornness, I ran all the way back to get my puny CXP drop from the boss. Luckily, that one doesn't complete until you leave and do the turn-in, so I didn't get booted out even though the others left.

Also, as an aside, it flabbergasts me how many people have no clue how to play the last boss in Hammer Station. There are so many people who run in and pull him, with his sweeping blasters facing everyone, who haven't had a chance to get in the doorway yet, and half the time one or more of them dies. I've gotten in the habit of hiding behind the wall if I think somebody is going to pull before I can and face the group. Also, the number of people in general who don't get that you can move out of his Sweeping Blasters.

It doesn't flabbergast me because they don't know, but it flabbergasts me because of how brazen they are in running in before someone with a modicum of experience can, throwing caution to the wind, and seemingly assuming they will survive and there will be no consequences. How I don't know. It's like Leroy Jenkins just constantly.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

AlrikFassbauer
07.31.2019 , 05:26 AM | #9658
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Lmao, that's great. I will never understand when people get obsessed with chain-pulling, but obviously don't have the group comp or coordination to do it.
If you are fast, and run ahead of the rest of the group, then the pulled adds will follow you, but then retreat if they are pulled too far away from their main point. Meanwhile they retreat, the rest of the group running past them is not affected by them. Since this works outside of FPs & OPs, people assume that it works within, too.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Tharandil
08.01.2019 , 02:17 AM | #9659
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Haha well nothing beats being swamped by more then 40 ads. The perfect example to set if you want to find out if your healer and tank are as good as they claim to be..

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

nullesteps
08.08.2019 , 10:49 AM | #9660
Was running Athiss on Vet Mode, 3 DPS (1 lvl 25, i lvl 56 and me on my Jedi Shadow, lvl 70) and 1 healer (lvl 70). The healer 'healed' by running from kolto station to kolto station during boss fights and pressing them even though everyone was in full health. IDK, maybe this is how the cool kids do it nowadays

Also, this is old when uprisings first started, and I did the one on Tatooine. 4 DPS. One of them was running ahead, swearing in the chat for us to hurry the f up and being rude in general. I try to keep up and in doing so accidentally step on one of those kolto things that automatically heal you when you step on them. This was apparently too much for mister rude and crude so he initiated a vote to kick me and it went through (why the heck the other ppl voted to kick I'll never know). Oh well, first and last uprising I ever did
"Because the needs of the one... outweigh the needs of the many."