Its time for a new class!!!

Delani

I agree that advanced classes are the way to go. No new class stories, just another way to play them. Here are the ideas for 4 advanced classes. They could launch with a single discipline, and there would be room to expand with additional disciplines in the future (like an Agent tank or a Knight healer, etc.)

Advanced classes (4 new - 1 per base class):

Bounty Hunter / Trooper: Exo-Suit Fighter (Melee multi-target burst class)

Weapon: Shotgun (MH) / Mechanical Gloves (MH)

Rockets that target multiple targets within melee range simultaneously. Explosive player-centric detonations, etc. You have to be in close range, but don't have to worry about targeting single enemies like with a Jedi knight.

Imperial Agent / Smuggler: Assassin or Savage (Mid-range non-stealth, non-channeled burst class)

Weapon: Lightsaber/vibroblade or vibroknife (MH)

This one has me thinking like a class that moves quickly and sends brief mirror images/decoys to confuse enemies. It's a mix of the range of gunslinger with quick movements of scoundrel. Teleportation would be able to be used more often, and the idea focuses around in and out movement. I.E. Teleport, apply 1, 2 or 3 abilities, then teleport back and detonate/activate. Kind of like stripping DOTs for burst plus throwing knives/grenades for burst.

Sith Warrior / Knight: Dance Warrior (not the real name, lol) (Channeled melee/midrange class)

Weapon: Dual lightsaber or double-bladed lightsaber

This class focuses on constant motion. Most of your abilities would be channeled and movement-based, like a gymnastic ninja. Some abilities would move you straight ahead, in a wide circle/arc, between three points, backwards etc. You would do damage to enemies in these lines, making positioning/situational awareness very important and giving you solid damage output and range for a pseudo melee class that actually has pretty good range.

Sith Inquisitor / Consular: Mind Lord (Midrange/long-range character-centric AoE turret class)

Weapon: Lightsaber or dual lightsabers (always spinning around you when in combat)

This class focuses on staying put for large periods of time with a significant damage output and range. Your highest damaging abilities would only be available when turret mode is established, locking you in place for 20 seconds or something. There would be 8-NPC raidwide damage abilities with range, multi-enemy saber throws (like arc lightening kind of thing) and multiple NPC pulls or stuns.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back well before launch after the classes were confirmed one of the big ideas was how they would add more classes down the line,

Firstly they had to met the standard Bioware wanted for them, EG an Iconic Character we could relate to them and still be able to be mirrored by the other side, so what we basically had idea wise was two things, making faction swapped versions of two existing classes, plus to more accurate mirrors

So, Bounty Hunter would get a Republic version, and Imperials would get a Smuggler.

This was also debated whether or not to allow a faction swap in their class stories so you could change faction.

The other idea the community had was adding two classes

The Imperial Commando, based around the Iconic Stormtroopers, the Empires elite but this time with much better aim! You would be a Tier 1 operator for the Empire, leading an Elite squad taking out high level Republic Targets

The Republic Officer , based Around Leia, Political dealings, back stabbing and undercover work story wise,

These two also act as better mirror classes than the current mirrors, as Commando/Trooper and Agent/Officer align much better than Trooper/Bounty Hunter etc

But this was a time long ago, before the panic and drastic changes all set in

Going back well before launch after the classes were confirmed one of the big ideas was how they would add more classes down the line,

Firstly they had to met the standard Bioware wanted for them, EG an Iconic Character we could relate to them and still be able to be mirrored by the other side, so what we basically had idea wise was two things, making faction swapped versions of two existing classes, plus to more accurate mirrors

So, Bounty Hunter would get a Republic version, and Imperials would get a Smuggler.

This was also debated whether or not to allow a faction swap in their class stories so you could change faction.

The other idea the community had was adding two classes

The Imperial Commando, based around the Iconic Stormtroopers, the Empires elite but this time with much better aim! You would be a Tier 1 operator for the Empire, leading an Elite squad taking out high level Republic Targets

The Republic Officer , based Around Leia, Political dealings, back stabbing and undercover work story wise,

These two also act as better mirror classes than the current mirrors, as Commando/Trooper and Agent/Officer align much better than Trooper/Bounty Hunter etc

But this was a time long ago, before the panic and drastic changes all set in

Thats honestly a good idea

I agree that advanced classes are the way to go. No new class stories, just another way to play them. Here are the ideas for 4 advanced classes. They could launch with a single discipline, and there would be room to expand with additional disciplines in the future (like an Agent tank or a Knight healer, etc.)

Advanced classes (4 new - 1 per base class):

Bounty Hunter / Trooper: Exo-Suit Fighter (Melee multi-target burst class)

Weapon: Shotgun (MH) / Mechanical Gloves (MH)

Rockets that target multiple targets within melee range simultaneously. Explosive player-centric detonations, etc. You have to be in close range, but don't have to worry about targeting single enemies like with a Jedi knight.

Imperial Agent / Smuggler: Assassin or Savage (Mid-range non-stealth, non-channeled burst class)

Weapon: Lightsaber/vibroblade or vibroknife (MH)

This one has me thinking like a class that moves quickly and sends brief mirror images/decoys to confuse enemies. It's a mix of the range of gunslinger with quick movements of scoundrel. Teleportation would be able to be used more often, and the idea focuses around in and out movement. I.E. Teleport, apply 1, 2 or 3 abilities, then teleport back and detonate/activate. Kind of like stripping DOTs for burst plus throwing knives/grenades for burst.

Sith Warrior / Knight: Dance Warrior (not the real name, lol) (Channeled melee/midrange class)

Weapon: Dual lightsaber or double-bladed lightsaber

This class focuses on constant motion. Most of your abilities would be channeled and movement-based, like a gymnastic ninja. Some abilities would move you straight ahead, in a wide circle/arc, between three points, backwards etc. You would do damage to enemies in these lines, making positioning/situational awareness very important and giving you solid damage output and range for a pseudo melee class that actually has pretty good range.

Sith Inquisitor / Consular: Mind Lord (Midrange/long-range character-centric AoE turret class)

Weapon: Lightsaber or dual lightsabers (always spinning around you when in combat)

This class focuses on staying put for large periods of time with a significant damage output and range. Your highest damaging abilities would only be available when turret mode is established, locking you in place for 20 seconds or something. There would be 8-NPC raidwide damage abilities with range, multi-enemy saber throws (like arc lightening kind of thing) and multiple NPC pulls or stuns.

I just hope they add something lol

Forgot to add the quintessential Pet class.

SWTOR has many companion issues, so this would be more of a "throw stationary turrets / pets class" that is a mixture of permanent-until-banished stationary DOTs and character burst damage. Turrets/pets would attack/CC single/multiple enemies according to their ability description, allowing the character to perform burst damage in the meantime.

I can see this spec working for an Imperial Agent class (Device Manager), Bounty Hunter (Robo-Killer), or Jedi Consular (Animal Lord) along with their mirrors.

Everybody is talking about starting a NEW class...

Ok, what Class in Star Wars is missing from the game?

If they are going to add a new class it HAS to be from Star Wars and not WOW or any other game. If it was not part of Star Wars then it does NOT belong and does NOT get added.

Oh, I can answer this.

So KOTOR is based on the SW D20 system, and as such, there are 3 Jedi Classes: Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, and Jedi Sentinel. In SWTOR, they changed it to be only 2 Jedi classes, each with 2 subclasses. And technically.... Watchman is a subclass of a Sentinel, but I digress.

Secondly, in the d20 system, there are Rogues and Fringers. Personally, I would love to see a Droid class... something like Assassin/Combat Droid, Protocol Droid, or Probe Droid. Obviously, the droid "race" would have to be tied to the class, but I'm sure they could figure something out.

So there's room for them to create new classes. They just never did.... for whatever reason. I suspect Disney.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I actually came up with a new class suggestion... and found an established lore to give it a base to work off of ... but it seems not too many were interested.

The development team would prefer to use their own ideas in this particular aspect of the game. It's unlikely that they (or anyone else for that matter) is really interested ... UNLESS it's their own idea.