[VIDEO] Mercenary PvP : Death to the glowsticks!

darthnish

Seemed like most of the glowbat users were ignoring you until they were low health lol.

That's the point. If you want to jump in and get in peoples faces, you don't play a merc. Simple as that. Mercs stay back and support their teammates from range, as he was doing. The only problem with mercs is that they have inadequate tools to defend themselves once people start focusing them. That is what needs a buff, not the damage.

What's the average time you play at? Cause I've run into several of the other people in your vids but I've never seen you on when I play. :<

Or maybe everyone avoids me cause I suck or something, ha, that'd be hilarious. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Oh, right, gotta comment on video.

It was fun to watch, loved seeing Jwalsh go down, laughed my arse off right there. :D

Edited by Setsugetsuka

What's the average time you play at? Cause I've run into several of the other people in your vids but I've never seen you on when I play. :<

Or maybe everyone avoids me cause I suck or something, ha, that'd be hilarious. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Oh, right, gotta comment on video.

It was fun to watch, loved seeing Jwalsh go down, laughed my arse off right there. :D

nooo <3 i play around 6pm adt ist onwoards :D

I am the guy you were inspired by :) I'm Григорий Мирт. Nice to meet you.

What can i say..., NICE, VERY NICE back shooting CUTS again :p sorry

What i want to see is a match from the BEGINNING to the END where you are not under constant heal/bubble and without firing in your foes' back but dueling with them or so. In most situations where YOU were attacked, you did nothing impressive but crawl being slowed turning your back for hits under RS. And THAT'S what i usually see in real matches. Unfortunately you've been healed that episoded and your mates saved your as*, not your skill.

Also i wish i see a match with players of the same gear. Not the one where a guardian hits you 1k -1.5k and where you crit recruit crabs with 4.7k. It's simply impossible with AP against WH or full BM geared players.

However, thank you very much for your effort and the true faith in our class. :)

Edited by dejavy

What i want to see is a match from the BEGINNING to the END where you are not under constant heal/bubble and without firing in your foes' back but dueling with them or so. In most situations where YOU were attacked, you did nothing impressive but crawl being slowed turning your back for hits under RS. And THAT'S what i usually see in real matches. Unfortunately you've been healed that episoded and your mates saved your as*, not your skill.

Also i wish i see a match with players of the same gear. Not the one where a guardian hits you 1k -1.5k and where you crit recruit crabs with 4.7k. It's simply impossible with AP against WH or full BM geared players.

However, thank you very much for your effort and the true faith in our class. :)

on the gear note im full BM as well mate i dont have a massive edge over any of the opponents, also i cant control whos healing me and whos not D: , to get the best footage i pug most of the wzs as well :/ im sorry if i cant show you what you wanted to see, as for the opponents most of them had 16k+ hp so im assuming they were all BM geared+ , cant blame me for them not playing their class well, i was just showing you how i kite.

If you play on my server you will know that a few of my opponents are considered the "best" at their class, /shrug

cant please everybody.

also it looks like you want wzs to be a massive duel fest? :/ that doesnt work mate as they are all objective based and running off doing side fights in them is not helping your team win, the merc is not a 1v1 class, but a ranged dps, i stay back from the melee storm and pick away squishes , thats our play style you;re trying to make merc into something its not.

Edited by darthnish

on the gear note im full BM as well mate i dont have a massive edge over any of the opponents, also i cant control whos healing me and whos not D: , to get the best footage i pug most of the wzs as well :/ im sorry if i cant show you what you wanted to see, as for the opponents most of them had 16k+ hp so im assuming they were all BM geared+ , cant blame me for them not playing their class well, i was just showing you how i kite.

If you play on my server you will know that a few of my opponents are considered the "best" at their class, /shrug

cant please everybody.

No worries mate. :))

I wanted to say that our damage was always more or less fine but our squishiness made us really useless being quickly shut down. I remember the times when my gunnery could change the batlefield situation at civil war shooting healers down from above with my favourite vzhhh bang vzhhhh band grav rounds :)) Now everything's changed. People learnth how to cc/kill us in seconds - that's just sad.

If you really want to make us believe that merc/comm are fine. Try to make a video of a single match with equal powers opponents. I thought about it and wanted to make one but after i played few WZs where glowstics have simply torn us apart i decided not to coz new commandos would remove their chars immediately :)

Have a good time, bro :)

No worries mate. :))

I wanted to say that our damage was always more or less fine but our squishiness made us really useless being quickly shut down. I remember the times when my gunnery could change the batlefield situation at civil war shooting healers down from above with my favourite vzhhh bang vzhhhh band grav rounds :)) Now everything's changed. People learnth how to cc/kill us in seconds - that's just sad.

If you really want to make us believe that merc/comm are fine. Try to make a video of a single match with equal powers opponents. I thought about it and wanted to make one but after i played few WZs where glowstics have simply torn us apart i decided not to coz new commandos would remove their chars immediately :)

Have a good time, bro :)

haha no mate i also think that our class is underpowered as hell, im just making this vids to show how i make the best out of a terrible class. Call me a masochist if you will xD i have been torn to shreds on multiple occasions after a while you start to figure out where to dps from to draw the least amount of attention :)

Edited by darthnish

i have been torn to shreds on multiple occasions after a while you start to figure out where to dps from to draw the least amount of attention :)

That's my favourite part!!! :D

I tried a gunslinger after my commando and just love his tools. Now trying shadow and feel the potential too. The only hope is that some statistics numbers open devs' eyes on the problem and smth will be changed one day. I dream about my gunnery's back with some other save abilities and mechanics changes. Dreams, dreams...

That's the point. If you want to jump in and get in peoples faces, you don't play a merc. Simple as that. Mercs stay back and support their teammates from range, as he was doing. The only problem with mercs is that they have inadequate tools to defend themselves once people start focusing them. That is what needs a buff, not the damage.

The reason they're squishy up close is because they do massive ranged damage. They don't need to be tanky. They're a ranged class.

The reason they're squishy up close is because they do massive ranged damage. They don't need to be tanky. They're a ranged class.

no , no no no, no, all ranged classes have utility, sage/ sorcs have bubble, kb,stun, force speed, lift and a slow, damage comes from multiple skills, casted and instant , one interrupt will not shut it down.

gunslingers/snipers have: root, kb, stun, mez, 100%evasion , shield probe and immunity to interrupts and leaps and pulls.

We have: kb , stun, mez, 25% shield and ****** self heal, all our utility skills are on extremely long cds and we have no way to counter an interrupt as our trees are based of ONE casted ability, its poor design on biowares part.

I have a few "duels" with Juggs and Mara's in my vid (in sig). Not sure exactly what you're looking for tho. Just straight up duels, no healing, no los, just see who can blow up the other first?

Edited by Asukaa

About the Vid. It's meh. You should throw in a lot of 1v1's. As people will just say that it was the other dps/heals that kept you from dying etc. You look like you know how to play the class so you can just make a vid dueling marauders all day and never lose. =P

About the Vid. It's meh. You should throw in a lot of 1v1's. As people will just say that it was the other dps/heals that kept you from dying etc. You look like you know how to play the class so you can just make a vid dueling marauders all day and never lose. =P

cheers mate, i must admit your video was the inspiration that made me dust of my merc and pvp with her, /salute good sir

Really nice vids, started making my own merc a few days before i saw your vids

just trying to lvl it, currently 14...sigh, but still trying to find some kind of spec for it... would you mind posting the spec you are playing here.

for the rest...awesome vids and keep it coming =D

Really nice vids, started making my own merc a few days before i saw your vids

just trying to lvl it, currently 14...sigh, but still trying to find some kind of spec for it... would you mind posting the spec you are playing here.

for the rest...awesome vids and keep it coming =D

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300ZMIkZfhMrzGhrs.2

thats the one with training wheels, when you get good at kiting and hiding and dpsing from spots where you draw less attention i recommend swapping stabilizers for hire muscle , as this will give you some breathing room for whe nyou start min maxing power :)