Game crash

DanieleDurante

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having same problem. Game will work for 5-15 min then go black screen but you can still hear game in background for a few min then my computer reboots. I've updated all video drivers...tried to run game on lowest settings and still no joy.

I am SO GLAD this is not just me, I think it may be a problem with the shaders, myself. I run the game on Max Settings (Except for AA, which is on medium, and Shadows which are off) and I've never encountered this problem before, I turn bloom off, it still does it until I disable the shaders by putting them on "Very Low". I've done EVERYTHING, I've reinstalled, I've deleted the bitraider folder to do a full verification and everything and it still freezes, in the EXACT same points in EVERY cutscene. My PC is way more than capable of running this game. Though I first experienced it a bit before 5.0, a week before to be exact it wasn't as bad. Now with 5.0 out, it's just horrible, and I couldn't enjoy KOTET as much as I wanted to, so I can't replay the chapters to enjoy them until a fix is released so I can keep my shaders on. Please BioWare.....Help us....:t_mad:

Having same problem. Game will work for 5-15 min then go black screen but you can still hear game in background for a few min then my computer reboots. I've updated all video drivers...tried to run game on lowest settings and still no joy.

Can you also confirm temps of CPU and GPU when it goes black screen and reboots that is classic heat symptoms

Edited by OwenBrooks

Can you also confirm temps of CPU and GPU when it goes black screen and reboots that is classic heat symptoms

Well on the "very low" shade setting my CPU is running 53c - 62c and my GPU is running 90c - 94c .

on the "Low" shade setting my CPU is running 57c - 66c and my GPU is running 100c - 101c.

So yeah, your right about the temps, but the question is why? I think it has something to do with BW tweeks to

shading graphics since I'v never had these temp issues pre 5.0 install.

Still no luck, game still crashes. Still the same exact points, and it's really nerve racking now. I was hoping it would be fixed today -_-. turns out that wasn't the case -_- deleting the bitraider folder still does not work, so, we're kinda stuck until BioWare notices this and releases a fixed patch for it -_-

Yes, same for me. The game will freeze for several seconds, then just exit to desktop without any error message or warning. This has ONLY happened with kotet content and while trying to load into or out of Odessen. No problems before now, so I'm having trouble believe it's just my hardware.

My computer is not great but it can handle the minimum requirements for playing.

Wndows 7 - 32 bit

CPU: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 Ghz 2.40 Ghz

Ram: 3Gb

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Can you confirm your running the non streaming launcher ? your specs should not be running the streaming launcher in my view, and 32 bit OS also has issues with streaming on occasion.

To change to the non streaming launcher follow the directions at this link

Well on the "very low" shade setting my CPU is running 53c - 62c and my GPU is running 90c - 94c .

on the "Low" shade setting my CPU is running 57c - 66c and my GPU is running 100c - 101c.

So yeah, your right about the temps, but the question is why? I think it has something to do with BW tweeks to

shading graphics since I'v never had these temp issues pre 5.0 install.

How is the heatsink on the video card ? is there much dust at present ?

black screen and system reboot after 15 minutes is a symptom of heat so worthwhile looking into, as this seems different to what the others have

I have also facing constant crashing problem since I have started the game, couple of months ago, and proceed with my character until Tatooine. Most of the time no error message popped up after game crashed and kicked me back to desktop. Rarely I received C12 error message, then I have run some fixes and updates (inlcuding turning back to non-streaming launcher) with the help of the writer of the above post and also checked devs advices about the similar cases.

In the end, nothing changes unfortunatelly. My game just cannot keep up especially on Alderaan and Tatooine. I cannot make any comments about other planets as I have proceeded until the middle of Chapter 2. But, things are just getting worser after 5.0 update. Now, my game starts to crash even when I am hanging at Republic Fleet randomly.

As I mentioned above, I have searched all the posts about sudden crash problem, dated back from 2012 to now. And, I think I do most the things written as "possible" solutions (updating to latest video driver, reparing OS files etc.)

I started to believe that tOR is having serious problems with 32 bit OS. My compture has 32 bit OS, and started to play this game with my 3 other buddies. They have all 64 bit OS and none of them facing such problems. And, I remember to run into a thread where a guy said that his/her game didn't crash even once after he/she has moved from WIN 7 32 bit to WIN 7 64 bit.

So, actually would be glad to know about if any of you guys who have facing this problem and using a 64 bit OS.

Edited by Yurnerocit

Same problem, a few months game crushes without error mesages mostly when i use quick travel, fleet pass - it was old version of launcher

today i did full reinstall and try to play (ST version of launcher) - QT, fleet pass, travel to SH - bugged less, but now in the middle of game - for example i just walking - its crashes to desktop every 20 min. Now installing non ST version, i hope this will help.

Otherwise, really have to buy a new computer?

Operating System Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP2

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 63 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM 4,00ГБ Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-16)

Motherboard Intel Corporation DP35DP (CPU1)

Graphics 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Undefined) 43 °C

Storage 931GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C

Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Same problem, a few months game crushes without error mesages mostly when i use quick travel, fleet pass - it was old version of launcher

today i did full reinstall and try to play (ST version of launcher) - QT, fleet pass, travel to SH - bugged less, but now in the middle of game - for example i just walking - its crashes to desktop every 20 min. Now installing non ST version, i hope this will help.

Otherwise, really have to buy a new computer?

Operating System Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP2

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 63 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM 4,00ГБ Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-16)

Motherboard Intel Corporation DP35DP (CPU1)

Graphics 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Undefined) 43 °C

Storage 931GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C

Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

See, another 32 bit OS fellow suffers from the same problem.

You can try to format and re-install 64 bit OS before considering to buy a new computer. It should be cheaper :p Joking aside, its not our fault as our systems meet the minimum system requirement.

(By the way, don't forget to check your CPU is whether supporting 64 bit OS before formatting)

Edited by Yurnerocit

Anyone running a 32bit OS and is using the streaming launcher (Small letter ST will be on the lower left of the launcher) should switch to the non streaming launcher per this link

The bitraider side on occassion does not like 32 bit OS memory management and has issues, historically would throw a C11 or C12 error entering a planet, switching to non streaming was the solution.

Example crash on 32 bit OS - link

Edited by OwenBrooks

Its funny new pc and still having it pop up even went throw the old steps of getting the bit raid gone and spent Friday re downloading the game 3rd came and got the new patch and boom today i can get 1/2 throw a chapter hit a cut scene 2 or 4 in and boom lose all of my quick bars log out and back in there back but back to before cut scene start the chat and 2 in and boom looking at the desk top. Some had this happen in the early days of 5.0 though the two down times would have found and fix this but the way its going its not even non fall or this new one still happens on my end