Champion Gear aquisition needs to be improved. Most just skip it.

Madgecko

As it stands right now, most people I know are skipping Champion Gear al together and just going for Battlemaster. It is literally taking some people an easy time getting to V60 and just getting BM gear than to fight the irritating and unreasonable task of praying for some random drop on Champion gear.

This is a serious discrepancy and needs to be addressed. The chance for getting gear needs to be looked at and buffed significantly because it is now becoming a part of the game people are just not willing to waste time trying to exerience anymore.

See i did this a clever way i didn't start pvp leveling properly till i was 40 odd so for me champion gear is the next step up in terms of weapons and armor. I understand your point the drop rate of unassembled items is low i've had like 12 bags and only got a relic but i'm not complaining i've seen a massive improvement already!

I needed the Champion gear when I hit 50. . .badly. All my gear before was from PvE leveling/class quests. . .So when I got into PvP with that gear at level 50, my HP was at 11k. With some Champ gear(think im at 4-5 pieces including implants, relics, weapons and armor) I'm almost at 15k now.

I don't understand why you would choose to "skip" champion gear... All you have to do is the dailies and weeklies and you can get the bags, which require you to pvp anyway, which you would be doing on your way to valor 60 anyway... If you don't get any items from them I can see that being understandable. What would you do with all your warzone commendations on the way to 60 also?

Valor 60 seems like a big enough grind that the extra expertise would help you, so I really don't see the other side of the argument here... Columni instead? Rakata? Those both take even longer to get.

Edited by Quesadilla

Correct. BM suit farm seems to be much more predictable with all those champion bag-o-duplicates. I'm destroying relics, implants, gloves, coats, ears (after equipping companions with lvl56 enhancements) while my toon still missing 5 champ items on level 50.

This system executed as badly as ilum, melee PvP.