Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

dcaleb
06.05.2016 , 06:44 PM | #21
Quote:
Also, you'd need actual records of those events and not just recollections from the person who was there. The Knight doesn't have any, as the Republic government felt it was necessary to send in a strike team of Jedi and SIS agents to be certain that 'Vitiate' was dead. There are no records of Ziost, they were all destroyed along with the world. And even if there's a record of the world being destroyed, there's no record of Vitiate admitting to it or being present while it happened. Or of Vitiate or Valkorion admitting to being the same person.
I find it highly unlikely that no off world records pertaining to Ziost exist in the Republic and Empire's databases. Thats like someone saying we can't prove Hiroshima or Nagasaki existed so we can't be sure they ever even existed for America to nuke. Not having evidence that Vitiate and Valkorion are the same person is more fair but that thing with 'there being no records saying Ziost even existed or that Vitiate was there when it was destroyed' is total BS <_<

leviathanmirror
06.05.2016 , 07:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
I find it highly unlikely that no off world records pertaining to Ziost exist in the Republic and Empire's databases. Thats like someone saying we can't prove Hiroshima or Nagasaki existed so we can't be sure they ever even existed for America to nuke. Not having evidence that Vitiate and Valkorion are the same person is more fair but that thing with 'there being no records saying Ziost even existed or that Vitiate was there when it was destroyed' is total BS <_<
There may be have something that proves he was there, if anyone bothered recording in all the chaos and his possessed drones spoke to more people than the PC and their people and there was some admission of identity, and not just threats or taunts. There would be reports to that affect to the Republic and Imperial governments, of course, and anyone in the Republic or Empire would accept it as truth because they're already familiar with Vitiate.

Um, where did I say that you couldn't prove Ziost existed? It totally still exists. But finding solid proof of Vitiate eating it is harder since most of that proof would have been destroyed when he ate the planet. If there's a recording of what the PC/player sees at the end, where the planet is destroyed in seconds, then there's proof of destruction. But Vitiate wasn't giving an evil monologue at the time. He was just eating him some planet. Connecting Vitiate to the destruction of the planet without relying heavily on word of mouth is a bit harder than proving the planet was destroyed.

And really, this is all beside the point. Even if someone did catch Vitiate giving an evil monologue on tape and there are records of it in every library in the galaxy, there's still no proof that Vitiate and Valkorion are the same person. As far as we know, the only time anything remotely like that happens is when Valkorion doesn't deny it in Chapter 1. And it's not even an admission. He just doesn't deny it. And for a non-Force sensitive there's nothing. Even the PCs who can't use the Force had to rely on Marr to tell them that Vitiate and Valkorion were the same person.

Basically, the idea that taking Koth to Ziost would prove anything relies entirely on him somehow knowing for certain that Vitiate and Valkorion are the same person without him having the benefit of Force sensitivity to feel it for himself or Valkorion in his head talking about how Ziost changed everything. Koth has neither of these things.

At best, you can prove that Vitiate ate Ziost and that Vitiate and Valkorion are of similar degrees of power. And the second is a bit iffy, since we have no idea how much power Valk displayed in Zakuul. The best evidence that we know for certain exists is that his kids are powerful.

At worst, you can't even prove that Vitiate ate Ziost because Vitiate is a spirit without a body and physical evidence implicating a ghost remaining after the world was devoured is probably hard to come by.

YoshiRaphElan
06.05.2016 , 08:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
But unlike Hiroshima or Nagasaki, there's no physical evidence of what destroyed Ziost. He was a spirit who used other beings as his bodies. For someone not Force sensitive, they could say that some kind of mental plague afflicted those who suddenly went insane. It'd be hard to explain the sudden combustion of every being, plant, and animal on the planet...but there's still no proof Valkorian did that...let alone that he is Vitiate. Even in front of his son, daughter, and servants in Chapter 1, he never admits to his identity...he says things like "If you truly know who I am" or some such, but never flat-out says so. So, like, there's no proof other than Lana and the Outlander say "Yeah, we know it's him" (Lana through Force-sense, the Outlander because Valkorian admitted it in his dream in Chapter 2).

thebumpkin
06.06.2016 , 02:31 AM | #24
My inquisitor has shown tolerance above and beyond. Even jorgan is still alive despite his disobedience.
Koth though is getting a lightsaber through his face. UNLESS he does something major league to make ammends for his treachery.
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.

PowerJediRanger
06.06.2016 , 05:24 AM | #25
Honestly, many times I felt like I wanted to either kill him with my DS character or just leave him on a desolate planet alone with nothing with my LS character.

Bit glad he wasn't in the last chapter. Unsure what he would've thought of the Mandalorians.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

TalonVII
06.06.2016 , 07:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
Honestly, many times I felt like I wanted to either kill him with my DS character or just leave him on a desolate planet alone with nothing with my LS character.

Bit glad he wasn't in the last chapter. Unsure what he would've thought of the Mandalorians.
He is off on a scouting mission since he's still around with my JK. So o this one he doesn't say crap.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

ZanyaCross
06.07.2016 , 07:35 AM | #27
On a purely pragmatic note, the guy's in the wind, his name and face by now very well known to Arkaan and Zakuulan forces, and he knows where our base is.

Now, having mellowed a bit after spending five years as a popsicle, I can settle for just capturing and putting him under house-arrest (for his protection as much as the alliance's), but if I have to I will send Treek and HK-51 out to terminate him and Mister Clean rather than risk Odessa.

Nefla
06.07.2016 , 10:52 PM | #28
Well there's no way my merciful, funny, 100% LS SW would say when stopping the sun generator from exploding "the masses can't fear you if there are no masses." Face it, they don't care any more about our characters or roleplaying, only about one singular story that can have little to no deviation.

thebumpkin
06.08.2016 , 01:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanyaCross View Post
On a purely pragmatic note, the guy's in the wind, his name and face by now very well known to Arkaan and Zakuulan forces, and he knows where our base is.

Now, having mellowed a bit after spending five years as a popsicle, I can settle for just capturing and putting him under house-arrest (for his protection as much as the alliance's), but if I have to I will send Treek and HK-51 out to terminate him and Mister Clean rather than risk Odessa.
There's a lot of correct there. Strategically Koth is a huge liability really, also, while he doesn't love Arcann he is as pro-Zakuul as it gets. If he was offered something, or heck, just even tortured after getting himself caught... If Koth leaves the alliance he is a massive liability hands down.
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.

Juromaro
06.09.2016 , 02:51 PM | #30
The only character I have that made it through the chapters is my DS Inquisitor main and she's going to kill Koth as soon as she gets the option. In my "oppressive" speech when I first arrived at Odessan I made it clear to everyone how I operate, and he did the exact thing I told him and everyone I would execute if they did. Koth is dead to my DS inquisitor no qualms about it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/RXD8tQ -7 Days Free Sub, Preferred Friend Bundle, Free Character Transfer.