Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

Brinator
06.04.2016 , 07:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
You can kill Koth if I can kill Vailyn.
There's simply no way we won't at least have the option to kill her. That's even assuming the character is forced (heh) to put her down.

JLazarillo
06.04.2016 , 07:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Brinator View Post
There's simply no way we won't at least have the option to kill her. That's even assuming the character is forced (heh) to put her down.
Okay, yeah, I should be more specific: you can kill Koth in Chapter 15 or 16 if I can kill Vailyn by then, too.
She's just such a boring villain (compared to "seriously, can we at least please PRETEND not be terrorists"-bro, who's pretty cool when all is said and done!).

midianlord
06.04.2016 , 08:00 PM | #13
At least let us give him a good beating!

E:

He's surely got enough plot-armour to take a Rocket-Punch or five, no?

Venn_Dras
06.05.2016 , 01:18 AM | #14
They're going to give us an option to kill him. It's just a matter of time. It would be counter intuitive to give us the option to threaten to kill Koth, then not actually let us do that when the opportunity presents itself.

I know at least 2 of my characters aren't killing him. I have one romancing him and the other is more on the light side. The rest, he's on his own. It's a free for all.

JediAkemi
06.05.2016 , 04:21 AM | #15
I know I say this every time, but even my Light V Jedi Sentinel wants to take Koth to Ziost and rub his face in what his precious Emperor did to a whole planet of people who he was supposed to care about... and if that isn't enough to convince him, then I will leave him there.

Venn_Dras
06.05.2016 , 04:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
I know I say this every time, but even my Light V Jedi Sentinel wants to take Koth to Ziost and rub his face in what his precious Emperor did to a whole planet of people who he was supposed to care about... and if that isn't enough to convince him, then I will leave him there.
Yep. If he doesn't get it by then, my toon that's romancing him is going to dump his sorry butt.

leviathanmirror
06.05.2016 , 04:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
This requires three things to work:
1. Vitiate's presence lingers on Ziost
2. The person who encounters Ziost is Force sensitive
3. The person who encounters Ziost has encountered both Vitiate and Valkorion and knows they're the same person

It wouldn't do what you think it would do. Koth isn't Force sensitive. It would prove that Ziost had been destroyed and nothing else.

Koth is interesting because literally all you have to convince him of Valkorion's evil is your word and your word isn't enough. Personally, I think it will be neat to see where this particular flaw of his leads.

dcaleb
06.05.2016 , 05:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by leviathanmirror View Post
This requires three things to work:
1. Vitiate's presence lingers on Ziost
2. The person who encounters Ziost is Force sensitive
3. The person who encounters Ziost has encountered both Vitiate and Valkorion and knows they're the same person

It wouldn't do what you think it would do. Koth isn't Force sensitive. It would prove that Ziost had been destroyed and nothing else.

Koth is interesting because literally all you have to convince him of Valkorion's evil is your word and your word isn't enough. Personally, I think it will be neat to see where this particular flaw of his leads.
Vitiate's atrocities are well documented so it is hardly just 'our word' that he was a total *** who betrayed his last Empire and ate a damn planet (along with several other attempts to do things in the Knight story line).

Rhyltran
06.05.2016 , 05:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
Vitiate's atrocities are well documented so it is hardly just 'our word' that he was a total *** who betrayed his last Empire and ate a damn planet (along with several other attempts to do things in the Knight story line).
This. In fact at one point when you tell him the things Valkorion has done as vitiate his response is "Well, he's always been good to us." This means he kind of does believe you but doesn't care because he's been a benevolent ruler to his people.

leviathanmirror
06.05.2016 , 06:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
You'd still need to prove to someone who can't use the Force that Vitiate and Valkorion are the same person. The only point in the Outlander's favor is that two people with that much power would be strange.

Also, you'd need actual records of those events and not just recollections from the person who was there. The Knight doesn't have any, as the Republic government felt it was necessary to send in a strike team of Jedi and SIS agents to be certain that 'Vitiate' was dead. There are no records of Ziost, they were all destroyed along with the world. And even if there's a record of the world being destroyed, there's no record of Vitiate admitting to it or being present while it happened. Or of Vitiate or Valkorion admitting to being the same person.

Valkorion never denies that he's Vitiate but the only time he speaks out loud and not in the Outlander's head about that is in Chapter 1 when Koth isn't present. I don't think anyone made holorecordings of those conversations just in case they needed proof that Valkorion ate Ziost.

What the Outlander will eventually have is a growing number of people who will agree to what they're saying about Valkorion and Vitiate. As well, potentially, as Koth's growing trust in the Outlander. At some point, the Outlander's word may be enough for him. We'll just have to see what happens.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
This. In fact at one point when you tell him the things Valkorion has done as vitiate his response is "Well, he's always been good to us." This means he kind of does believe you but doesn't care because he's been a benevolent ruler to his people.
Maybe I'm being too charitable but it seems to me that that is the only response he could give without saying that his lived experience doesn't matter or that the Outlander's lived experience doesn't matter. He could have called the Outlander a liar. Could have said that what they experienced wasn't real and that they were making things up or insane. Or, as people seem to expect him to do, he could have decided that everything he knows is a lie on the word of someone he's known for maybe two weeks. Instead he counters with his life experience. And Valkorion was good to Zakuul. Personally, I find the Utopia thing creepy but the majority of Zakuul's population wanted for nothing. All of their basic needs were met. He wasn't eating planets where the people of Zakuul could see it.

The people of Zakuul don't have a good reason not to trust Valkorion. He hasn't given them one the way he has with the rest of the galaxy. The best way to look at it, I suppose, is that you have more knowledge than the NPCs in Zakuul do. The story hasn't given them that information and all their decisions have to be made without it.

It's frustrating when you know something to be true and can't convince someone. But proof is kind of a thing. An important thing, actually, when you're trying to convince someone that something they've believed their entire life is wrong. And the story very much treats Koth like he's a real person. Being the PC doesn't give the PC divine authority with him. It's neat.