Couple questions on deconstructing items.

MelinumKayne

Was wondering if I Deconstruct several of the same item as a group will it roll individually on each or just once for the group? So say I put 5 of the same items and they each have a chance of dropping a schematic, if I do all 5 at once will it only roll once for the group, in which case it would be better to do each individually.

I'm currently leveling armstech, in another post i was reading it says that an item will show a % for the chance of dropping a schematic when deconstructed, on mouseover of the shotguns it does not show this but I seen this is a possible bug with those type of off hand weapons and the armstech, has this ever been verified by the devs weather it is indeed a bug or that it was intended that shotguns and vibroknives have no schematics?

Thanks for any help.

As far as I know, the chance is rolled separately for each item you deconstruct, whether you do it as a group or as individual deconstructs.

The important thing to remember about deconstructing for schematics is that it only works for items made by the same character's crew. If Xalari's crew crafts an item and she gives it to Kylarina, Kylarina cannot learn any schematics from that item, but Xalari can. So for those shotguns etc.: did you craft them? Have you already got the upgraded schematic? (There's only one upgraded schematic per item. Guides for Reverse Engineering - the old name for deconstructing - that were written before 4.0 will talk about there being three RE-learnable blue schematics for each green schematic taught by the trainer, and RE-learnable three purple schematics for each RE-learnable blue schematic, but that hasn't been a thing since 4.0 dropped in 2015.)