Finding solutions to self-destructors

cheese_cake

Many of us have come across self-destructors. Image related: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/570102148013228052/678033251901767684/why_do_we_still_allow_this.jpg

The game gives us tools to kick players that are not contributing to the game by voting to kick them out. Intentional self-destructors are not only not contributing, they are actively harm their team's efforts. However such players are impossible to vote kick out of the game because the game system considers them to be contributing when they respawn.

While intentionally throwing a game/ win trading is an offence that can lead to a ban, it will take some time before it occurs (if at all), & the player may come back after their ban to repeat their actions.

Perhaps it might help to give players/teams more control over kicking other players detrimental to a game. How can this be achieved?

My initial thought is for a team be able to vote kick a person regardless of their in-game contribution status. Limitations of such a system include abusing it to kick out weaker players, players that longer commit detrimental acts, and players that the team hates.

Or perhaps spawning should not be counted as contributing. It would be an improvement over the current system.

• Are there other ideas?

• What are the benefits of the current system/ tools?

• What problems might arise if players are given more agency to police (in the context of curbing toxic and detrimental actions) each other?

Edited by cheese_cake

That looks like the 1st time I ran gsf even though I wanted to contribute I kept crashing into stuff and being one shot.

The tutorial is very limited. You have no equipment, it can be disorienting, easy to crash into stuff and you are an easy target when not used to the controls.

Edited by Eriamea

That looks like the 1st time I ran gsf even though I wanted to contribute I kept crashing into stuff and being one shot.

The tutorial is very limited. You have no equipment, it can be disorienting, easy to crash into stuff and you are an easy target when not used to the controls.

You would still have damage taken if you were actually trying to compete. This is a recent trend we are seeing where one or more people are doing / taking zero damage and simply self destructing on spawn non-stop. We've seen self destructs as high as in the 30s. That can only be one thing.

Yeah, that's not that. Getting killed over 30 times (top seen atm was 31) Takes determination and focus.

The working theory is, that one guy, hates GSF, and with childlike behavior tries to ruin games for others. Or farm rewards. Yet I do believe that first on is of the case since a lot of those alts are below even getting daily/weekly, or even taking an intro to GSF quest

Yeah, that's not that. Getting killed over 30 times (top seen atm was 31) Takes determination and focus.

The working theory is, that one guy, hates GSF, and with childlike behavior tries to ruin games for others. Or farm rewards. Yet I do believe that first on is of the case since a lot of those alts are below even getting daily/weekly, or even taking an intro to GSF quest

Agreed. And I don't see it being win trading either because whoever it is seems to be creating and deleting alts for the specific purpose of not getting caught. So the evidence does point at someone who either has a grudge against better pilots and thinks we are all cheaters so is choosing to throw games, or someone who is simply trolling GSF games for the 'fun' of it.

• 1 month later...
Name and shame is against the ToS of the forums. You may want edit your screenshots to blot out the names. and just show the rest of the kills, assists, deaths etc.

Pretty sure just screenshots like that are fine. Otherwise you'd have to blot out names of most screenshots you'd put on the forums. Not to mention he's simply posting proof of someone else braking the TOS.

Like I've posted videos of people self destructing before and they've never been taken down.