Quick question about NM S&V from an unexperienced player.

People in swtor can do their rotations and mechanics just fine, for the best example go watch a revan kill on YouTube. Pay close attention to the guy calling out random numbers, he's gotta watch what order they come out in and call it out for everyone else, and you bet your **** he's doing his rotation at the same time, plus there's about 4 other things to worry about all at once.

Except it's a tank (typically) and not that he got so much of a rotation. Also, no one cares all THAT much about if he's even alive or not, at least after 204.

Revan is a good example (and the only one I can think of) of having announcements extra handy. But then again, it's designed in such a way it can hardly be done automatically (push/pull can but then people used to call it just by Hydraulics cd) and (remark here goes to OP) take it or not but everyone's calling stuff on TS constantly anyway so it's not that bad. I used to lead groups where I had to call out for each and every tank swap on each and every boss that needed it cause the other tank was ignorant and I've seen groups where people called out cooldowns they use.

Coordination through communication to fellow raid members is always efficient unless there're too many of 'em, in which case look post above :)

Also, leading raids is great, gives us tanks something to do in between emote spam.

Wait, wait, wait. You seriously wiped in DF SM? Say it wasn't GF. I guess group didn't disband because no one actually believed that they WIPED in DF STORY mode..

Take it or not, I've seen over 15 (i think) people with achievements ranging from 1/5 to 4/5 fortress SM which means only one thing... People DO wipe there, and a lot. I've described my own experience with it somewhere in this forum recently.

Alhough if they would make effort to get some software to aid them during raiding given they can comprehend what was it saying them (i.e. they know mechanics in general and have enough dps for it (sigh, in 3.0 I couldn't imagine I would ever say "dps check" in the regard of DF SM, much less given all the bolster, people being 65, augmented and all that jazz))... Well, I don't think they would need software. Guide is more than enough. One raidleader doing the calls for backup if people get easily confused/overwhelmed at most. That's enough for over 95% of all bosses in the game. A few get better if all raid members can communicate in voice chat but that's it. You don't really need anything but it in SWTOR.

Maybe if you take away all the add ons top tier players use as crutches then i'd agree. Main reason why most high level WoW raiders come to SWTOR, try NiM, and fail horribly. They're so use to addons playing the game for them and set macros doing their rotations they're unable to "DO" for themselves and meet the requirements/demand some of these fights in SWTOR require. That's just my experience though (SWTOR player since beta / WoW player since 2007; completed all bosses and modes in both)

You definitely didn't read my post closely enough. I said Mythic raiding is harder than NIM. Not that NIM is harder than Mythic. Except NIM Brontes and Council. Both of those fights are definitely harder than most Mythic encounters.

(Then again it's also possible that having 20 people in a mythic fight makes for a "too many cooks with their spoons in the soup" scenario, so difficulty is artificially higher. Eight people in a NIM fight are far more likely to all know what they are doing back to front than twenty in a Mythic one.)