Guild Perks Discussion

UlaVii

There are already some guides that cover the general concept of guild perks and their set bonuses so this post won't cover that side of things again. The one thing I will point out about the Dulfy & Vulkk guides is that they are based on the PTS data and some of the values changed when they hit the live server such as the percents for the perk bonus sets.

This post is about the nitty gritty details so guilds can make better informed decisions about what they will pick plus this is a good central location to discuss the perks in general. I've already seen some people enraging about certain perks so if you do feel the need to express your dislike then please try to be constructive and remember that just because a perk does not work well for you it may for others so if possible suggest how it could be improved.

I've posted this in Reddit and the SWTOR General forum to get input and provide info for both communities and I'll keep both posts in sync.

General Observations

• Perks rotate every 2 weeks..., the next rotation from this post is the 5th February 2019
  • Perks only last for set durations of either 14 days or 28
  • You can remove a perk earlier by right clicking it and confirming it's destruction
  • When perks are rotated the ones available for selection do not always show up in the same slot
  • There is an excellent perk schedule page on this Jedipedia page
  • The perk two week cycle rotates on Monday nights at 01:00 BST (British Summer Time)
  • Perks fall into two categories; "Passive" run on their own and "Active" which you have to activate like a normal ability
  • Passive guild perk stat boosts do not show up in parses
  • The crew skill passive perks do not show the % increase on the crafting panel so it's very hard to tell if they work besides trusting your gut feeling "It feels like it's working..."
  • Passive gathering and harvest skills do not show the % in-game so it's another case of trusting your gut feeling
  • You can view the active guild perks on the General tab of the Guild Panel or via the Abilities->Guild section
  • Active perks can be dragged to your quickbar from the ability panel for easy access
  • Active ability perk buffs remain if the perk is replaced on the guild panel e.g. if you activated the "Professional Training" (Crew Skill Crit +5%) so you can see the buff on your character and then the perk is removed from the slot on the guild panel then the buff will remain on your character until it wears off
  • Active perks are removed from your quickbar if you leave the guild or are removed for inactivity etc and need to be manually added again if you rejoin
  • An easy way to get to the Abilities->Guild section is to open the guild panel on the General or Perks tab and click the chevron star icon next to the left most perk slot
  • For the multi-level perks you do not need to purchase Part 1 to get Part 2 or Part 2 to get Part 3. You can just purchase the highest level straight away. Having 3 versions is so that they are available at different guild XP levels.
  • You can see and activate the new perks without having to relog if you are online at the time they rotate

Perk Specific Observations

• Class Buffs
    • Several of the perks are useless to most guilds and will inevitably trick some people into wasting the 50+ guild commendations required to purchase them. These are essentially the basic class buffs as guild perks. Great for guilds that focus on brand new players although several of these basic class buff perks require the guild XP to be level 32+ which will take a lot of small guilds a few months to reach.
    • These all last 1 hour and the tooltip says the cooldown is 6 seconds (the guides say 6 hours)
    • They do not stack with your normal class buffs
    • Unlike normal class buffs these perk versions only apply to the person using them, not the group or a target
    • Omnimagnification - All Class Buffs
    • Mastery Realization 3% & Major Mastery Realization 5% (Force Valor/Mark of Power)
    • Power Amplification 3% & Major Power Amplification 5% (Force Might/Unnatural Might without 5% Healing)
    • Critical Boost 3% & Major Critical Boost 5% (Lucky Shots/Coordination)
    • Endurance Supplement 3% & Major Endurance Supplement 5% (Fortification/Hunter's Boon)

[*] Conqueror I

• "Increases points earned from Conquests by 10%"
    • Misleading tooltip as it stacks with Stronghold Bonus so you have 160% instead of 150%
    • A CQ objective worth 400 points without any bonus is worth 1000 points with the normal 150% SH bonus
    • It is only worth 1040 points with SH Bonus and Conqueror 1 perk
    • So only a 40 point increase

[*] Crafting Conquest I (Objective Image)

• Grants access to "Crafting: Rally - Part 1"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 3125 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Donate 3x stacks of 10 Invasion Forces"
    • There is already a normal CQ objective "Crafting: Aid The War Effort" which is repeatable and worth 725 points
    • Basically all you have to do is right click 3 stacks of 10 Invasion Forces (30 total)
    • This is quite an expensive daily cost since invasion forces are ~370k each on Darth Malgus

[*] Crafting Conquest II (Objective Image)

• Grants access to "Crafting: Rally - Part 2"
    • Gives you a one time conquest objective worth 5525 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Aid your faction by crafting a Dark Project"
    • There is already a normal CQ objective on certain weeks called "Crafting: Dark Project" worth 3120 points

[*] Distance Looter (Objective Image)

• Normal loot distance is 10 meters.
    • BROKEN: Does not change distance.

[*] Efficient Missions I-II-III

• Warning: Only works with Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting & Underworld Trading
    • The "Missions" panel will show totally incorrect times, ignore those values. The ones you want to check are on the "Crew Skills" panel when you run the mission.
    • These perks increase your base efficiency by 3%/5%/7%, then your companion efficiency bonus is applied to the original base efficiency, then it sums up the two increases and this is the time that is actually taken from the mission. So with Efficient Missions I, a level 1 companion gets a 3% bonus but that increases with the companion level so level 50s receive an efficiency bonus of 14.5%.

[*] Efficient Repair I-II-III (Reduces Repair Costs)

• There is no visual indication of the saving % when you repair
    • The perk tooltips just say "slightly/moderately/significantly"
    • Dulfy lists incorrect values for these as 5/10/15% from PTS data
    • Live testing shows that level III is a 30% reduction

[*] Experience Focus

• Persists through death (unlike some other perks)

[*] Flashpoint Conquest I (Objective Image)

• Grants access to "Flashpoint: Rally - Part 1"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 2250 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Complete a Flashpoint on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"
    • The entire group must be in the same guild

[*] Flashpoint Conquest II

• Grants access to "Flashpoint: Rally - Part 2"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 3125 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Complete 3 Flashpoints on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"

[*] Flashpoint Mastery I - (4% Mastery Increase)

• This is a % increase to the Bonus Mastery
    • You get "Level Locked" in Flashpoints that are a lower level than your character so your stats get radically reduced meaning the bonus % does not count
    • In Flashpoints that match your level or are above you do get the % increase to bonus Mastery
    • You may see this as more than 4% due to other bonuses you have e.g. mine was 4.4% in SM & HM (both bolstered)
    • BROKEN: The bonus is not applied in MM. The tooltip does not say this.

[*] Gathering Efficient I-II-III

• Warning: Only works with Archaeology, Bioanalysis, Scavenging & Slicing
    • Does not reduce harvesting time, there is another perk family for that Quick Harvesting I-II-III
    • The "Missions" panel will show totally incorrect times, ignore those values. The ones you want to check are on the "Crew Skills" panel when you run the mission.
    • These perks increase your base efficiency by 3%/5%/7%, then your companion efficiency bonus is applied to the original base efficiency, then it sums up the two increases and this is the time that is actually taken from the mission. So with Efficient Gathering I, a level 1 companion gets a 3% bonus but that increases with the companion level so level 50s receive an efficiency bonus of 14.5%.

[*] Group Resuscitation

• BROKEN: The Vitality set bonus is supposed to reduce the cooldown by 50% but it does not

[*] Guild Recharge Drones

• These will heal and recharge you fully in 4 seconds
    • They do not build stacks like a normal recharger

[*] Harvesting Yield I-II-III

[*] Hasten (Effect Image)

• Increases movement speed by 90% for 6 seconds, can't be used in PvP or MM ops
    • Has a crazy 15 minute cooldown
    • Only applies to your base speed, does not multiply Sprint or class utilities like Sneak

[*] Operations Biochemist I-II-III

• Passive perk that increases the duration of all adrenals by 10/20/30%
    • Does not work in PvP or MM raids
    • Does not show up in combat logs
    • Does not show up as a buff

[*] Operations Conquest I (Objective Image)

• Grants access to "Operation: Rally - Part 1"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 7500 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Complete an Operation on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"

[*] Operations Conquest II

• Grants access to "Operation: Rally - Part 2"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 10,312 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Complete 3 Operations on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"

[*] Operations Mastery I (4% Mastery Increase)

• This is a % increase to the Bonus Mastery
    • You get "Level Locked" in Operations that are a lower level than your character so your stats get radically reduced meaning the bonus % does not count
    • In Operations that match your level or are above you do get the % increase to bonus Mastery
    • You may see this as more than 4% due to other bonuses you have e.g. mine was 4.36% for SM (bolstered) & 4.43% for HM
    • The bonus is not applied in MM. The tooltip does say this.
    • No difference to the above details for x8 or x16 in any difficulty

[*] Operations Profiteer

• This the base one, not the I / II / III version
    • Drop % not known!

[*] Ossus Reinforcement

• Gives each group member a Reinforcement Component for completing the Ossus H4
    • Means you can get a component each instead of each week with the CQ rewards
    • You can do this with just 2 of you and your companions

[*] Professional Training (Crew Skill Crit +5% For 1 Hour, 6 Hour Cooldown)

• BROKEN: Has no effect on crafting or missions.
    • BROKEN: This active perk does not show a % change on the crafting panel
    • It does show a buff icon next to your characters nameplate like a normal buff
    • You lose the perk if you die!
    • You can keep the perk active for ages since it's 1 hour timer does not tick while you are logged out so as long as you are only logged in with the character briefly you can extend it for days

[*] Reputable III (Reputation + 15%)

[*] Sprinter I-II-III

• Dulfy lists the level 1/2/3 speeds as 50/75/100%
    • Does increases character speed in our tests but the % is not reflected in the buff so if your movement speed showed 35% before then it still will even with the perk active
    • Does not affect mount speed (there is another perk for that)

[*] Starfighter Conquest I

• Grants access to "Starfighter: Rally - Part 1"
    • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 2250 points (with 150% SH bonus)
    • "Complete 3 Starfighter matches"

[*] Starfighter Conquest II

• Grants access to "Starfighter: Rally - Part 2"
    • "Win 3 Starfighter matches"

[*] Tax Evasion I-II-III (Reduces GTN commission fee)

• There is no visual indication of the saving % when you list items and the deposit does not change
    • The perk tooltips just say "slightly/moderately/significantly"
    • Standard GTN commission is 8%
    • Level I "slightly" reduces your GTN commission fee to 7.1999%
    • Level II "moderately" reduces your GTN commission fee to 6.61157%
    • Level III "significantly" reduces your GTN commission fee to 5.5999%
    • The effect is only applied if the item is listed and sold while the perk is active. (Test Results)

[*] Warzone Conquest I (Objective Image)

• Grants access to "Warzone: Rally - Part 1"
    • "Complete any ranked or unranked Warzone while in a Guild Group"
    • The entire team must be in the same guild

[*] Warzone Conquest II

• Grants access to "Warzone: Rally - Part 2"
    • "Complete 3 ranked or unranked Warzones while in a Guild Group"

Perk Set Bonuses

Each perk has a color/icon to indicate it's type. There are 5 types. If you have 4/6 perks of the same type then it activates a perk set bonus which you can see in the bottom left of the perks window. These are passive bonuses that apply to every character in the guild for as long as the 4/6 perks match.

• Glory Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Purple - Increases CXP, XP and Reputation earned by 1%. Healing an ally or attacking an enemy has a 1% chance to grant Mastery Boost for 30s once every 30 minutes. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.
  • Might Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Blue - Basic attack does 10% more damage and your companions are given a Reinforcement Boost whenever you use an adrenal giving them a bonus to damage and healing. Grants a small chance of summoning a powerful attack when you deal or take damage.
    • Does not apply to PvP or MM ops
    • You do not have to be in a guild group for it to activate (the guides say you do based on PTS tooltips)
    • Usable by all classes
    • Displays like Orbital Strike
    • You have no control over when it triggers during combat
    • Triggers on training dummies
    • Shows up in the combat log as "Guild Reinforcement Strike": Image 1 & Image 2
    • When triggered it hits 5 times for between 20-40k each blast
    • Always displays Imperial target mark on ground even if you're a Rep
    • Can screw up boss fights: Pilgrim & Dreadtooth damage reflection stages / Denova EC tanks it takes the shields down / Ravagers it destroys the repair droids / TfB it can push the tentacles out of sync / Tyth it kills grace droids
    • You do see it as a buff when the orbital strike begins so if you are fast enough you can right click the buff to cancel it and another indicator is the big target marker that appears on the target just before it drops
    • WARNING: Parsely will not accept parses that include the Guild Reinforcement Strike

[*] Vitality Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Green - Increases healing received by 5% and reduces all resurrection cooldowns by 1 minute and Group Resuscitation guild perk by 50%. Small chance when taking damage below 20% to trigger defense bubble which absorbs a large amount of damage. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.

• BROKEN: The Izax Story Mode fight has a special 30s combat res cooldown. The part of this set bonus that reduces the cooldown by 1 minute pushes the res to -30s which means it is not reusable during the fight.
    • BROKEN: The 50% cooldown reduction for the Group Resuscitation is not being applied so it's always 1 hour
    • The normal combat res does receive the 1 minute decrease in the cooldown. The tooltip shows this combined with your alacrity for an even greater reduction but when you cast it the cooldown still says 4 minutes e.g. it ignores what the cooldown value shown in your ability tooltip states
    • The 1 minute reduction applies to both the ability cool down and the time you have to wait until you can perform a res
    • In 24 hours we have only had 2 guild members who thought they "might" of seen the defensive bubble but nobody has been able to force it appear despite a few people volunteering to let some wildlife maul them repeatedly while below 20% so the "small chance of activating" is a very very very small chance

[*] Zeal Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Turquoise - Increases Alacrity by 5% and a small chance to grant a 25% Alacrity Boost for 15s after taking damage, once every 30m. Grants companion an Alacrity Boost when you use an adrenal. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.

• BROKEN: The passive 5% alacrity increase is actually 10% (Read Details)
    • BROKEN: Actually works in nightmare ops despite the tooltip saying it doesn't. There seem to be different things that trigger it between 0%, 5% and 10%.

[*] Fortune Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Yellow - Increase critical chance by 5% and crew skill efficiency and crit rate by 2%. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.

Reinforcement Components & Modules

Reinforcement Modules are used to unlock the top level 64 guild perks. To get a Module you have to earn 10 Reinforcement Components on a single character then you right click the stack and it changes into a single Reinforcement Module.

Components - Tooltip Image

• Reinforcement Components are bound to the character you earn them on
  • You get one each time you complete your CQ weekly in a guild that reaches the tier goal
  • Ossus Reinforcement perk lets you get Reinforcement Components on a daily basis by completing the Ossus Heroic 4 but you must be in a guild group
  • The three Harvesting perks give you a chance to crit and get a Reinforcement Component (unknown crit %)

Modules - Tooltip Image

• Reinforcement Modules are not bound at all
  • Can be mailed
  • Can be traded
  • Can be sold to a vendor for 100 credits
  • Can not be sold on the GTN
  • Module must be in the guild bank for the guild perks tab to recognise it and mark the perk requirement green
  • Sales of them will have to be via direct trade or COD mails

Edited by UlaVii

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thank you very much for reminding me! My guild had this perk quite early on so we could farm Reinforcement Components. I forgot all about it!

I've added the Ossus Reinforcement perk so it could be noted that it also requires a guild group. You can do it with 2 people and companions.

Thanks to CarlGustaf1893 on Reddit for the information about Flashpoint Conquest 1 and Crafting Conquest 1.

Thanks to xen-tre on Reddit for confirming that the entire team needs to be in the same guild for the Warzone Conquest perk to count.

Edited by UlaVii

Thanks for the list, this is really helpful! There are many perks that I want to test but I can't convince the other officers to spend credits/guild comms on it. So thanks for doing the fieldwork and figuring out which perks are useful.

One perk missing from your list is "Operations Profiteer" (the base one, not the one with I/II/III). According to the tooltip you can get a Grand Chance Cube from operation end bosses but since 5.10, the bosses drop these items even if you don't have the perk active. So it appears that this perk is always active; you don't need to purchase it. I'm sure they'll fix it soon though, can't have nice things.

Also, do you know how the tier 2 conquest perks work? With Galactic Chaos I/II/III, you can only do the tier-2 objective after completing the tier-1 objective. So if I were to activate e.g. Starfighter Conquest II, does it work on its own or do we also have to activate Starfighter Conquest I?

What do you mean by "You get "Level Locked" in Operations that are a lower level than your character"? I thought all operations are scaled to 70. With flashpoints, I know that SM flashpoints scale you down to the level the flashpoint released at, while VM and MM flashpoints are scaled to 70.

In my guild, we've had the Might Set Bonus active for a while now, and while it is always fun to see it proc, it can happen at the most inopportune moments. Like we've had it drop on the Grace adds on Tyth VM that must not be killed, or the final boss from Mando Raiders where you must kill the turrets before pushing the boss, and during dummy parses like you mentioned.

And the ground AoE always shows the Imperial logo even though we're a Republic guild. I think this happens because they copied the effect from the Agent's Heroic Moment ability but it makes zero sense for a Republic guild.

They really need to deactivate the perks when you are fighting the training dummy. I can't complain too much since I didn't test the guild perks on PTS but the devs should have made it easier for players to test it. For example, once you have spent the guild comms from bolstering to level 101, there's no way to get new guild comms outside of creating a new guild, which is not feasible on PTS. And I can't fathom why for the one PTS patch that I don't leave feedback on, it ends up utterly broken...

Anyway, we're having an officer discussion today to select the perks for next week's Ossus conquest. In case anyone is in the same situation, we'll probably get Conqueror I, Flashpoint Conquest I and Operation Conquest I. All the conquest perks available ATM fall into only three slots, so this are the best perks you can select. Make sure to activate them today before the switch-over or the Operation Conquest I perk will disappear and the other perks will move to different slots.

Once the new operation boss releases, we're going to activate all the stat perks like more mastery, more endurance, longer adrenals, energy regen and either the Zeal or the Fortune setbonus. But I have not yet figured out if it is actually possible to get all these perks at the same time, and without knowing when the boss will release, it is hard to prepare in advance.

Edited by Jerba

One perk missing from your list is "Operations Profiteer" (the base one, not the one with I/II/III). According to the tooltip you can get a Grand Chance Cube from operation end bosses but since 5.10, the bosses drop these items even if you don't have the perk active. So it appears that this perk is always active; you don't need to purchase it. I'm sure they'll fix it soon though, can't have nice things.

Ha wow, thanks for that tip! Added to the list here and on Reddit.

Also, do you know how the tier 2 conquest perks work? With Galactic Chaos I/II/III, you can only do the tier-2 objective after completing the tier-1 objective. So if I were to activate e.g. Starfighter Conquest II, does it work on its own or do we also have to activate Starfighter Conquest I?

For the multi-level perks you do not need to purchase Part 1 to get Part 2 or Part 2 to get Part 3. You can just purchase the highest level straight away. Having 3 versions is so that they are available at different guild XP levels.

What do you mean by "You get "Level Locked" in Operations that are a lower level than your character"? I thought all operations are scaled to 70. With flashpoints, I know that SM flashpoints scale you down to the level the flashpoint released at, while VM and MM flashpoints are scaled to 70.

You get a buff that says "Level Locked" and your stats on the character panel will show a lower number than normal and will be in yellow.

...Guild Reinforcement Strike...

Yeah it's a shame as it is a fun perk to have. Because of this and a few of the passive perks my guild has had to shut down our DPS Club parsing contest which we've run since 2013. It just wasn't fair for people that could not parse on weeks with parse boosting perks and there is no way to tell from combat logs which were active.

Not sure if you saw this mega helpful page on Jedipedia, it shows you the rotation for perks so you can see which weeks they become available:

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/news/list-of-guild-perks-5-10

I've made a guess for my guild that Hive of the Mountain Queen will be out on 19th February:

1. Around same week that guilds reach level 64 and can access top perks
  2. BW seem to love giving us Double XP weeks at the same time as new content
  3. PTS is still open in week 1 of Feb so it seems unlikely they would close it in week 1 and launch it live in week 2 but week 3 seems more realistic

Added these thanks to Riku:

Operations Conquest II

• Grants access to "Operation: Rally - Part 2"
  • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 10,312 points (with 150% SH bonus)
  • "Complete 3 Operations on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"
  • No way to identify what part III includes since title and tooltip do not tell you

Warzone Conquest II

• Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth3125 points (with 150% SH bonus)
  • No way to identify what objectives part III includes since title and tooltip do not tell you

Edited by UlaVii

• Dev Post
  • What mats have you gotten from Operations Looter I-II-II?
  • Do the class buff perks listed below affect a group like a normal class buff or just the individual that cast it?

Awesome work on this UlaVii! Everyone can let us know their thoughts/feedback on Guild Perks, especially now that they have been in the wild for a while.

I am going to try get some more details on the looter mats, but I can answer the other. The Class buff only effects the individual that casts it.

-eric

Awesome work on this UlaVii! Everyone can let us know their thoughts/feedback on Guild Perks, especially now that they have been in the wild for a while.

I am going to try get some more details on the looter mats, but I can answer the other. The Class buff only effects the individual that casts it.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=960007

Thanks Eric, I added the note about the class buffs :)

Thanks to thogebe on Reddit I have also added:

Flashpoint Conquest II

• Grants access to "Flashpoint: Rally - Part 2"
  • "Complete 3 Flashpoints on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"
  • No way to identify what objectives part III includes since title and tooltip do not tell you

Starfighter Conquest I

• Grants access to "Starfighter: Rally - Part 1"
  • "Complete 3 Starfighter matches"

Starfighter Conquest II

• Grants access to "Starfighter: Rally - Part 2"
  • "Win 3 Starfighter matches"
  • No way to identify what part III includes since title and tooltip do not tell you

Warzone Conquest II

• Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth3125 points (with 150% SH bonus)

Edited by UlaVii

-eric

No guild perks should work in PVP that gives anyone an advantage. Ie heal regen faster

Let’s get rid of the might set bonus.... it’s aids. Its the cause of many wipes and inconvenient circumstances in PvE and parsing.

Despite me having to disable it in both our Imperial guilds I still think it's good fun and beneficial. Watching Maras and Assassins exclaiming "woah how did I just drop an orbital?!" is priceless :)

You just have to be very careful when you enable it. We are planning on using it again but we will pick specific nights/events for it. If you don't like it then just don't enable it. There might be weeks like this week were we prefer to have an empty slot but that was only 50% because of avoiding activating the perk, the other 50% was that the other perks available for the slot this week were worthless to our guild. Flashpoint endurance lols :p Definitely won't be like that every week.

When it comes to competitive parsing it really doesn't matter since all passive perks will be allowed so the scoreboards are meaningless now. The forum post for my guild that announced we're shutting down our 6 year old internal DPS Club competition was called "Guild Perks Have Killed The DPS Club" which sums it up nicely. It is sad but at the same time perks do offer benefits for a wider percentage of the guild so I'm hoping the long term trade-off will be worth it. The current list of perks isn't that exciting but if they continue to add new ones then it could get quite interesting.

Just confirmed that perk two week cycle rotates at the weekly conquest end time, not when the it starts

Also, it seems the rumored "Instant Guild Mail" perk is already active globally since I've been able to mail guild members without the 1 minute delay since perks went live. This has meant handling the 30+ weekly guild prize mails and regular guild cleaning "welcome back" mails super quick. I'm massively hoping BW do not enable this perk and just leave the mail delay off globally as a permanent guild improvement :)

Alas, this is another week were we end up leaving a perk slot open. We looked at various combinations of juggling perks across last week and this week and no combinations worked for us as the only useful ones for our guild would of activated the might set bonus. Avoiding that left us with the choice of keep an empty slot again or waste guild commendations on Flashpoint/GSF buffs. Instead we looked ahead and decided to save up for two weeks from now when we can purchase level 64 perks. Should be just in time for the Hive of the Mountain Queen. There are some great level 64 perk combos for those two weeks, not so much for lower levels though.

My feeling is that the perks are a nice idea but there are not enough meaningful perks and definitely not enough to have regular great combinations. It's always a case of having a trade off which is a shame. It would be nice if it was just pure goodness.

Although this would also be a thing for the bug report section, I will post this here as well:

The perk "Bridge" (mount acceleration) is bugged. I think it increases the speed of no mount at all (not 100 % sure though) but instead decreses the speed significantly on many.

Edited by Khaleg

Although this would also be a thing for the bug report section, I will post this here as well:

The perk "Bridge" (mount acceleration) is bugged. I think it increases the speed of no mount at all (not 100 % sure though) but instead decreses the speed significantly on many.

Sorry that is too vague for me to do anything with. Do you "think" it decreases the speed or have you actually tested it as we did with the Sprinter perk? If you have tested it then roughly what % decrease in speed are you seeing and what base speed are you comparing that to? By that I mean the character perks Speeder Piloting 1-5 (90/100/110/120/130)

Which of the mount speed perks do you mean? There are two different kinds:

1. Mount Speed Boost - "Increases your mount speed for 10 seconds" - The actual % is unknown so I will add that to the questions section
  2. Mount Improvements I-II-III - "Increase mounted speed by 10/15/20%"

We're currently doing tests with the Hasten perk. Just waiting for the last 15 minute cooldown for the final test.

I added a question to the top of the thread from the Reddit post:

Do the Starfighter Conquest I-II perks require the entire group/team to be a guild group as the Warzone versions do?

The person that originally posted the details about the GSF perks did not include screenshots and did not mention what the tooltip says exactly.

There are also some extra questions in the Reddit thread post that I wasn't sure would be allowed here although I'm sure several of us are keen to know the answers :)

Edited by UlaVii

Tested out "Hasten" extensively in our Republic guild this morning. In my opinion it is definitely not worth the 50 guild commendations it costs.

Hasten (Effect Image)

• Increases movement speed by 90% for 6 seconds, can't be used in PvP or MM ops
  • Has a crazy 15 minute cooldown
  • Only applies to your base speed, does not multiply Sprint or class utilities like Sneak

A common trend with a lot of perks which kills their attractiveness is a combination of their low duration and their excessively long cooldown periods (some are 6 hours). Those values need to be drastically rebalanced to make the perks worth the guild commendation cost which itself could also do with being reduced across the board.

I have removed the Guild Recharge Drones from both our Imperial guilds. We had a fairly heated debate in guild chat tonight and the fact is that we can't use this perk with a good conscience. Our guild prides itself on being a positive force for the community and this perk is definitely a big negative for PvP. It's a nice idea but it has to be disabled for PvP and it really needs the stacks building added to it like normal regens. Then at least it can be useful out in openworld content.

I have removed the Guild Recharge Drones from both our Imperial guilds. We had a fairly heated debate in guild chat tonight and the fact is that we can't use this perk with a good conscience. Our guild prides itself on being a positive force for the community and this perk is definitely a big negative for PvP. It's a nice idea but it has to be disabled for PvP and it really needs the stacks building added to it like normal regens. Then at least it can be useful out in openworld content.

Hats off ! Incredibly commendable.

Edited by BenduKundalini

First of all, thank you UlaVii for the fantastic Job you are doing with this (extended to all that contribute too).

I was really looking forward to most of this info. Now saved from even trying some perks.

Since Eric asked for feedback:

* Before going to particuars: Why isn't this info actually available before someone spends on the perks and decides to share with the community? While i imagine some of the mechanics may scape the tooltip, more info should be provided.

* Heals in 4 seconds in PvP is probably a bug considering it was said that perks would not affect PvP. So, is (or will) the use of the drones inside WZ / Arena considered an exploit?

* "Crafting Conquest I" (3x10 invasion force): l also think is too expensive. I never do the repeatable 10 invasion force donations as it just looks like burning stuff. Now, did anyone even calculated the cost of crafting 30 invasion force before making that the objective? If your bank account is practically unlimited you can buy from GTN and burn your credits, but for most people craft is how you do it (and its a crafting perk :rak_03: ). I don't want to bore anyone with the math, but considering only lvl 50 comps with criticals and rounding things a little i think you need about 7100 Green Mats (grade 2 to 9) (only green, not even counting white from vendor). Yes, that means millions of credits, or several hours of farming or almost 1k crew missions runs to gather. But the funny part is, you actually get more conquest points crafting the cells, bonded attachments, etc than the actuall rally consuming the invasion force. And if you are in a week were each war supply grants 300 points, even better.

My point is, there is no point in spending on this perk guld coms and burning 30 daily invasion force (per account doing this) for just 5300 extra points at most (the daily + the regular repeatable if available). Doing the same anytime without this perk you can get from 10500 to 40000+ (on weeks that war supplys give points and repeatable) a that is without any donation, you keep to use/sell all Invasion Force.

* "Crafting Conquest II" (craft a Dark Project): Now this is a proper objective. The fact that Dark Project Crafting is non repetable (and not always available) seemed like a limiting factor. Dark Projects are not cheap, but they are usefull. I like this perk a lot more, seems more balanced.

* "Tax Evasion I-II-III": There is no need for it and creates more unbalance. I use GTN a lot to sell stuff and i don't like paying 8%; but this perk seems wrong, even its name.

* "Operations Conquest I & II": This is just my impression as i don't do HM operations (at least yet). The first one seems OK, is a decent amount of points for the work it requires. Now the second, it makes no sense to me. Is only a little more points and requires three times the work of the first. The problem i see is that is a LOT of time it requires, i think very few people even in HM&NiM RAID guild would have the time to do 3 HM Ops in the same day so that 2812 extra points mean something. Even if it does not reset every day, that would mean that 7,5k per HM Op per day is a better choice. If i'm mistaken and there really are a lot of people doing 3 HM/MM ops per day on a regular basis, then i would suggest increasing the rewarded conquest points for the second one.

* "Flashpoint Conquest I & II": Well these look good, interesting perks. The second one could do an increase in points, not saying 3x the points of the first, but at least 2x would be more reasonable.

*Warzone Conquest I & II": Same as the last one. Also it should work with a single group of 4 in a WZ, requering two groups in the same team is wrong, maybe is an intentended bug/behavior.

-------------

Question, the pasive increase from set bonus (heal, crit, alactrity) is constant? Like that as long as you have the set and not inside MM Op or PvP you benefit from it? MM FPs, Star Fortress, Eternal championship?

Heals in 4 seconds in PvP is probably a bug considering it was said that perks would not affect PvP. So, is (or will) the use of the drones inside WZ / Arena considered an exploit?

I've added this as a question at the top now, thanks.

Question, the pasive increase from set bonus (heal, crit, alactrity) is constant? Like that as long as you have the set and not inside MM Op or PvP you benefit from it? MM FPs, Star Fortress, Eternal championship?

Yes, once you have 4 perks of the same type then whichever bonus perk the set activates in the bottom left is on 100% of the time except in PvP and MM ops.

I've added a note to the Zeal Set Bonus to show that the Alacrity Boost which has a small chance to activate is a 25% increase. Thanks to Darth-Decimus on Reddit for that tip :)

Edited by UlaVii

I've added this as a question at the top now, thanks.

It would be good to get another Bioware Confirmation that “no guild perks will ever” give a player advantage over other players in pvp and any such discovered perks are definitely bugs and will be removed quickly from pvp.

Sometimes Musco isn’t told everything he needs to know, it would be great if he can check and get confirmation.

I mentioned this in passing but I want to draw more attention to it in the hopes it can be removed from all perks:

"Complete ... in a Guild Group"

It's nice to see the devs trying to promote guild unity but the reality is that people have alts in many guilds. This restriction also makes it very undesirable to take in pugs from fleet which can be a great way to meet new people and make friendships.

Sure, only enable the perk for people in the group that are in a guild with the perk enabled but don't deactivate the perk just because the group invited an outsider to join them. Please remove this restriction from all perks.

Dear Eric, in the change log it is mentioned that some of the tooltips have been improved to indicate if they do/don't work in PvP and MM ops. Are there any other changes? It would help ALOT if you could state them so we don't have to re-test all the perks in the list already.

Two biggies I know people want to know about are the Guild Recharge Drones in PvP and the might set bonuses Guild Reinforcement Strike on dummies and certain raid bosses.