Unassembled Component Idea.

Janglor

For the last several years all consistent end-game players, both PvP and PvE, have stacked an endless amount of 236-242-248 shells trying to mix and match and min-max sets due to the vendor for Ehn/Mods being removed from the equation.

Could we see an implementation of reimbursement of those shells for UC's for this new gear change? Something to reward those that have put in the time?

-50 unassembled components for every 236 shell

-75 unassembled components for every 242 shell

-100 unassembled components for every 248 shell

It would undoubtedly clear up the cluster f*ck that is my cargo hold.

Thoughts? Ideas? Mad Cuz Bad posts?

Strip the armour, mods and enhancements and either:

• Optimise your build

Or

• Send to mirror classes via legacy gear

Or

• Sell back for credits.

Just have a clearout already. -If you haven't used that 236/242 or w/e set that's been in your inventory for over a year, chances are you never will. - And if you suddenly did [need it] , you can always re-buy it with UCs anyways.

People are going to have bits of 248 to get rid of in a few weeks time. - Making any set below 248 pretty irrelevant, unless you're leveling a completely new character.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I find it highly unlikely that the devs would approve of offering roughly 10x the UCs if you had disintegrated them directly from the crate.

Dasty

Valid point.

But what about the shells from gear that you originally got by expending UCs to get or upgrade?

I think of people alot of empty shells lieing around, i do heh some full loaded even. But sometimes when the tab gets full I just sell them to any trader, you can get like 20-40k range sometimes per peice. [248 at any rate].

It's pretty irrelevant for me, I'm already sitting on 55k + UCs.

Perhaps people could get UCs for things they paid for with UCs originally I mean and only those types of pieces. I can see what your saying about gear obtained from Crates. You didn't fight for it, you didn't actually earn the gear, it came from On-High.

Maybe there's some middle ground. What do you guys think about that distinction?

an idea that rewards me for being a pack rat and altaholic, that is nice..

But yeah, not exactly newbie friendly or anyway feasable. I mean, you can invest CC in one level 70 toon token, create it, strip them of their stuff, put it in legacy gear and profit comes your way, rinse and repeat.

Perhaps give crafters a chance (like 1 % or less) to discover a higher tier of the mod when disintergrating it? Yes, it will give us pack rats (and crafters) a slight chance to be ahead in the game.. but not for long, so it would quickly balance out. I think.. it's just my opinion and not in any way fact based.

edit: saw a spelling mistake. If you find more, it's yours

Edited by Noicha