EV Hard Mode

We just started EV on hard we are all decked out in Columni gear, so gear isnt the issue. What I want to know for the first boss is when he gets to 8 percent and drops for the last time we die everytime after this. Does anyone know if there is a better way we can position ourselves so we do not die so quickly there because everytime we get him to 8% but we die.

My guild has both hard ops on farm and we started hard in columni/tionese. We bumped up our dps by having the offtank (me as a BH) respec into 11/28/2 and dpsing in tank gear, while still beeing tanky enough to offtank and the occational tank debuff on the boss.

Basically stay on him on his aeo phases. Just meet in front of him do grp heals and dps trough the phase. After the phases seperate again. In the 4rth phase he does a lot of dmg, but i don`t think thats the real enrage. Either way if you have a sniper/gunslinger have him pop his shield at the 4rth phase, and pop your defensive cds. Then you should be easily able to dps him down.

Basically stay on him on his aeo phases. Just meet in front of him do grp heals and dps trough the phase. After the phases seperate again. In the 4rth phase he does a lot of dmg, but i don`t think thats the real enrage. Either way if you have a sniper/gunslinger have him pop his shield at the 4rth phase, and pop your defensive cds. Then you should be easily able to dps him down.

We do it a little safer way than just grouping on boss during every Missile Savo.. We just keep the tank where he's at, since the damage is negligible.. Then we have everyone get behind the pillars except the ranged DPS.. They continue to DPS the boss from next to the pillar while the healers keep them up.. We don't usually hit enrage timer, even in Nightmare.. Obviously, for that last 8% attack, we have everyone stack on the boss.. At that point, if staying alive is the concern, everyone should be using their damage mitigation buffs/debuffs.. Agent's defense bubble is pretty useful here..

We do it a little safer way than just grouping on boss during every Missile Savo.. We just keep the tank where he's at, since the damage is negligible.. Then we have everyone get behind the pillars except the ranged DPS.. They continue to DPS the boss from next to the pillar while the healers keep them up.. We don't usually hit enrage timer, even in Nightmare.. Obviously, for that last 8% attack, we have everyone stack on the boss.. At that point, if staying alive is the concern, everyone should be using their damage mitigation buffs/debuffs.. Agent's defense bubble is pretty useful here..

THIS ^

Seriously, if your in an 8man 1tank, 2 heals, at least 2 ranged just sitting to the inside of the pillars dpsing him is more then enough. If you have a sniper and want ot make absolutely sure, another thing you can do is to stay in for the first AOE phase and have the sniper pop shields and the raid use defense cooldowns, because if your hitting enrage timer by 8% the defense Cooldowns will be usable again.

Now are you running in at 8% or are you waiting till he sits? Sometimes for us he doesn't sit till 6%.

You never "run-in" until he sits.. Which is signaled by him doing a shockwave ~8%.. I've personally never seen it at 7%, but I guess it's possible for some DPS to be hitting him during the shockwave.. But you don't want to run in until after that 8% shockwave, because it will hurt your group to the point of not being able to heal them all before Missile Savo kills them.. So when he's <10%, look for that Shockwave move that stuns the group, THEN run in and burn him..