Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What kind of DPS should I be doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
What kind of DPS should I be doing?

Hairbearr
03.27.2018 , 10:28 AM | #1
So I'm currently sitting at item rating 234, I and my last parse on the dummy says I'm doing around 7k DPS. I'm vigilance guardian. I'm just curious if these numbers add up or am I playing this class completely wrong, lol.

Any help would be great, if I need to say any more info plz let me know!!
The killing's no fun, when the heroes are none...

wadecounty
03.27.2018 , 12:57 PM | #2
tbh I haven't parsed in ages but from my understanding at 248 properly geared you should be around 9k+, so at your gear level I dunno, 8kish? Just make sure to always get augments asap, get to 110 accuracy, then balance out your crit and alacrity (there's alacrity benchmarks to aim for for GCD's, they're something like 780 and 1860, if you cross one its better to just go all crit until you can cross the other).
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Eloi_BG
03.27.2018 , 02:02 PM | #3
While not being bad, this seems kinda low. Are you using health modulators on dummy? Are you using the armor debuff (that now does a bunch more things)? This can help have a better reference point. I also encourage you to upload your parse to parsely.io, since it helps people help you.

From my experience though, nearly every DPS (when they start out parsing) need to work on their APM (ability per minute). We all went through that phase where our rotation is ok, but we could be better just by activating abilities faster (not losing 0.1s-0.2s in between every ability). 1 thing that does help (dunno if you already did it) is extending your ability action queue to 1s (I think it's 0.5 by default). That way you can "click" (use keybind) the ability up to 1 sec earlier (during the GCD of the previous ability) and it will activate as soon as the GCD ends.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

wadecounty
03.27.2018 , 02:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
While not being bad, this seems kinda low. Are you using health modulators on dummy? Are you using the armor debuff (that now does a bunch more things)? This can help have a better reference point. I also encourage you to upload your parse to parsely.io, since it helps people help you.

From my experience though, nearly every DPS (when they start out parsing) need to work on their APM (ability per minute). We all went through that phase where our rotation is ok, but we could be better just by activating abilities faster (not losing 0.1s-0.2s in between every ability). 1 thing that does help (dunno if you already did it) is extending your ability action queue to 1s (I think it's 0.5 by default). That way you can "click" (use keybind) the ability up to 1 sec earlier (during the GCD of the previous ability) and it will activate as soon as the GCD ends.
Also what he said, APM is key, once you know your gear is set and your APM is equivalent to others at the same alacrity level (if they have more they will have higher APM), then you can analyze the rotation and see if you're doing anything else wrong.

For the most part this spec is pretty easy now, it used to be RNG reliant but now its very simple and static.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger