Before I go....

Xargas

I like this game, I like it a lot, but I play online games mostly for PvP, PvE is secondary. The reason I quit is because of FPS issues in PvP, it stuck in 20 FPS in Warzones, In arena I hold stable 50 FPS more or less, it is very playable. But as the title says, I want to give a little feedback before I call it quits. It's simple, I enter the Warzone, everything is fine, in prematch with all the peeps I'm running around with 50 FPS, match started, I'm running towards the enemy, everyone attacking each other, still it's fine, but then I use my ability on other player, BOOM, 20 FPS. Graphic setting don't do jack sh*t. No matter what I did on my end it didn't help. It's not the first time I quit this game, but now I intend to let my account go to free to play mode and just log in and check PvP FPS state after each patch. And of course system specs....

Processor: AMD FX 8350 Eight-core Processor 4.0 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: Nvidia 550 ti

And don't tell me that my set up is too weak for swtor, I play ESO also with medium-high settings, plays like a butter with no stutter. See ya :cool::rak_03:

it actualy is.

considering the old cpu consuming engine, your set up isnt optimal. thats why grafic changes wont have any effect. cpu is the bottleneck here, its > 6 years old, slow cache, low single core clock. not saying its all your fault, but its easier to upgrade your cpu than hoping for an engine change ;)

side note: ESO is using their own engine (as far as i know) designed only for one purpose: ESO. not many games can rely on that. so i wouldnt consider ESO a usefull benchmark.

Edited by mrphstar

The problem to my humble opinion is that the game doesn't use all available resources. I put task manager with performance tab in the upper right corner, to see how much CPU is loaded, and despite full screen of players kicking each other's a**es, it was on the range of 20-30%, while my fps was 20-25. I checked fps counter, and it was red, meaning CPU, but how can I upgrade when this game doesn't even utilize fully even this one.... On the other note I read all over the net players reporting that their high end PCs don't them any good. Edited by Xargas

The problem to my humble opinion is that the game doesn't use all available resources. I put task manager with performance tab in the upper right corner, to see how much CPU is loaded, and despite full screen of players kicking each other's a**es, it was on the range of 20-30%, while my fps was 20-25. I checked fps counter, and it was red, meaning CPU, but how can I upgrade when this game doesn't even utilize fully even this one.... On the other note I read all over the net players reporting that their high end PCs don't them any good.

You are right that there is a point of diminishing returns for tossing more hardware at SWTOR. My nvidia GTX 680 cranks out 50-60 FPS, with all options maxed minus grass and shadow resolution, including ambient occlusion on high, and with a 60Hz monitor I won't get a higher frame rate than that anyway, so I don't need to toss cash at an RTX or 1080 to play this game.

I'm also using a 3770K I-7 processor, which is already on Microsoft's "too old to care about" list. The 32GB of ram and the SSD card aren't going to improve framerate above your 8GB of system ram that you have now. Won't get you anywhere.

All I can think to say is pull back on the graphics settings and turn off some of the social nameplates. You don't need them all for PVP. Red = enemy, kill. Don't need a lot of social nameplates.

Edited by xordevoreaux