Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

BlueShiftRecall
06.19.2019 , 12:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Not all ISPs do it and those that do - only when they feel like it or when it effects more then one small community as it did with our small town.
They do it also for good publicity for the company to give the appearance that they care, this company definitely made sure all the news outlets now about what they were doing and how the big bad company is doing one for the little guys. Having lived in rural QLD I do agree that in those smaller areas/towns it's another kettle of fish altogether, you're pretty much invisible out there when you connection has problems. In big cities? Yeah they'll sort you out in a day or two, 10 hour drive out west? You don't exist for at least 2-4 weeks until someone can reach you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 04:27 AM | #42
I am in australia. Ours was out for 2 weeks after a storm. Zero compensation for that despite many frustrating hours on the phone to tech support.

Not all ISPs do it and those that do - only when they feel like it or when it effects more then one small community as it did with our small town.
Please tell me you aren’t with Telstra

Suzsi
06.19.2019 , 04:56 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Please tell me you aren’t with Telstra
At that stage it was TPG.
With Aussie broadband now since changing over to fibreoptic.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 04:58 AM | #44
At that stage it was TPG.
With Aussie broadband now since changing over to fibreoptic.
AussieBB has been great until recently. They’ve recently started routing me through Telstra and it’s deplorable. So I’ve signed up to Superloop till ABB sort out their expansion pains.

Lhancelot
06.19.2019 , 08:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
AussieBB has been great until recently. They’ve recently started routing me through Telstra and it’s deplorable. So I’ve signed up to Superloop till ABB sort out their expansion pains.
The things you do for this game. If BW had 1/10 the devotion you do to SWTOR, this game would be riding on a wave of success greater than WOW ever had.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

DarthSpuds
06.19.2019 , 11:07 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Ippotamus View Post
The problem happened while everyone was sleeping in Texas.
I'm sure they'll be on it when they get to the office.
Charging customers for a 24/7 service means it is wholly necessary to have a 24/7 response to any interruptions to that service.

That "they were sleeping in Texas" is not even close to be on the same planet as an acceptable excuse.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

AlaricSevGirl
06.20.2019 , 11:35 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Innateagle View Post
I mean, i don't know much about SWTOR, but i recently found out Bioware screwed themselves over in 3 out of 3 of their latest games. EA offered them an extra year for Andromeda and they refused, they gave them 5 years or something for Anthem and they got NOTHING done until EA stepped in on the last year and aksed for results, Dragon Age 4's whole project got a reboot in 2018 after 1 or 2 years of work

The level of mismanagement from BW's suits is Obsidian level
Links please because I think you have that completely backwards. The problem with Bioware is EA. The truth is:

"BioWare's Mass Effect Andromeda is scheduled to come out by the end of EA's current fiscal year, meaning it will be out by the end of March 2017. However, during an earnings call today, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said EA would delay the game if it [EA] felt it needed more time to make it better.

Anthem "
"At that point, Anthem’s action was a lot more like Mass Effect: Andromeda’s (which was the strongest part of that game). But that did not impress Soderlund. To win him over, BioWare came up with a flying mechanic. Soderlund loved that."

The monetization, the pumping out games before they're ready has nothing to do with the devs. It has everything to do with EA and the bottom line.
GSS Legacy, StarForged
Guild Leader for Galactic Security Solutions (Pub)
Imperial Independence (Empire)