Our gear models.

MrGerbz

I'm seriously starting to think Bioware didn't like the light armour classes, or designed our gear as last and just didn't care to put in the effort anymore.

Again and again I am amazed by how cool medium and heavy armour looks. Hell, 9 out of 10 chest pieces have a freakin' cape!

So... Why can't we have even one cape huh? It can't be that hard can it?

What I'd like to see as light armour:

-Capes (dustercoats together with pants are fine too)

-Helmets I'm not ashamed to wear (the model that takes up the lower half of your face is bugged, makes your voice's volume sound too far away)

-Pants

-Less colours like pink, purple, etc. We're Sith remember? You know, the black and red wearing guys, because those colours are more threatening than freakin' pink?

Edited by MrGerbz

I agree wholeheartedly. The outfits for Sith warrior are much better looking than what Inquisitor has.

And before anyone says "Well, why don't you play as a Warrior then?" I love playing as Iquisitor. I'd just want to look cooler.

Already made a thread along theses line, but honestly Why my assassin has pvp armor that A. Has pink and shades of lavender in it. And B. looking nothing like something a assassin would wear --> Robot Chicken armor is by far on / in the top 20 of things that are utterly wrong with so called assassin.

How the hell did Bioware do this poor of a job. Even mara's got the shaft and don't look cool till the hit 50 and get some pvp armor. WTH?

Edited by Aizen

Inquisitor PvP gear looks amazing. I love it. I guess though, that it floats some peoples boats, and it doesn't.

I personally think that the PvE gear looks rather.... "Pointy' however.

It would look amazing if I were playing a sorcerer perhaps. Hell they even have better colour schemes. Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad if the assassin variants weren't set with girlish looking colour schemes in comparison to the sorcerers amor colour sets.

It's like a bad joke. light *********** Pink armor Really?

Edited by Aizen

I have no problem with pink/purple armor, especially because purple is my favorite color.

In any case, I agree that some models are... well, yeah. The lvl20 and lvl40 PvP gear looks okay, but the model is used a lot with NPCs, so it doesn't have that "special" feel or anything.

Be grateful you aren't required to wear the egregious affront to dignity that is Jedi Consular armor. Holy God, what an awful mess that is. I love how my Sorcerer looks.

The consular armor is mostly fine, and in fact lthe endgame stuff looks genuinely good, aside from it's ridiculous looking helmets.

Edited by Draemos

Edna: November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin!

Bob: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...

Edna: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!

Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things...

Edna: Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex!

[shouts]

Edna: No capes!

:p We don't need capes.. srsly, they suck.

I'm seriously starting to think Bioware didn't like the light armour classes, or designed our gear as last and just didn't care to put in the effort anymore.

Again and again I am amazed by how cool medium and heavy armour looks. Hell, 9 out of 10 chest pieces have a freakin' cape!

What I'd like to see as light armour:

-Capes (dustercoats together with pants are fine too)

-Helmets I'm not ashamed to wear (the model that takes up the lower half of your face is bugged, makes your voice's volume sound too far away)

-Pants

-Less colours like pink, purple, etc. We're Sith remember? You know, the black and red wearing guys, because those colours are more threatening than freakin' pink?

I love the way my character looks, hes stayed the same for the last 15 levels.

As with anything, its a matter of opinion. The endgame sets (raid gear) looks like crap, but the pvp and pve leveling gear looks fine to me.

Concerning the raiding sets, i figure they are just placeholders, as blizzard did for a long time with WoW, until the artists have time to replace them with proper ones. It just doesn't make sense any other way to have the same look spread across so many classes, and a generic look at that.

The PvP gear on sorcs is pretty respectable. I actually like it. The PvE armour on the other hand... Well, first, it's PINK in the T1/2 version. And the models are just absurd. The T3 version is better, but god only knows when I'll kill HM Soa and get my chest. Pink chest and red skirt just looks bloody silly.

I agree, medium and heavy armor for Sith force users looks a LOT better in general than the light armors.

The PvP gear on sorcs is pretty respectable. I actually like it. The PvE armour on the other hand... Well, first, it's PINK in the T1/2 version. And the models are just absurd. The T3 version is better, but god only knows when I'll kill HM Soa and get my chest. Pink chest and red skirt just looks bloody silly.

I agree with this and the OP. The colours are pretty silly, I really miss the red and black.

Also, PVE endgame armour for the Inquisitor makes me feel like my character belongs in a Lady Gaga video rather than the Sith Empire. Whereas I don't mind the colours so much (though it would be nice to customize it as we like), I really do take issue that PvP armour looks as good as it does while those of us who don't enjoy PvP are stuck with pointy armour. There should be the option for us to have a PvE version of their armour. Aesthetics are important to me and seeing PvE armour has prevented me from bothering with Inquisitor endgame content. Urgh.