Huh?

vilhelmviraco

So I played this game for a few months back when it first came out a few years and just started up again for the first time since then. So my question is: can anyone explain to me what a Stronghold is for? Like, its purpose? I mean, its cool to decorate and I get the whole legacy storage thing, but like, does it add anything to the actual gameplay/PvP/etc?

Currently it does not modify the rest of the game experience. That may change as the game moves forward. Until then it is still useful for legacy storage and a quick resting point for characters without needing to travel to a cantina for rest exp.

It is also useful for having the GTN, appearance designer, modification table, legacy storage, cargo holds and guild banks in your stronghold so you don't have to go to the fleet., which is a plus for my boyfriend and I since the only reason we would have to go to the fleet is to get some new armor with the elite or ultimate comms, since neither of us pvp. Edited by ScarletBlaze

It serves the same purpose as dye modules, and different armor and weapon choices. We have those virtual dolls we dress up, and now we have a doll house too.

If you decorate it fully (not neccessarily nicely) each stronghold also gives you a 25% bonus to your conquest points, so yes, there is a PVE gameplay bonus.