Carnage Maruader: Make Assault & Dual Saber Throw generate 1 extra rage

Framethepicture

What the Title says...

This will help in shortening the rotation, since it will the time between burst windows.

The rotaion will be solid stable without delaying the next burst to build-up stacks...

Since the induction of Gore, rotation went from:

2gcd Ravage(0 rage) to 1gcd Ravage(still 0)+2gcd Gore (3 rage).

There are 3 rage missing though the rotation overall, to make it sustainable in comparison with 4.0.

So 1 extra assault on the rotation that bluntly delays each cycle and leads to dps lose.

Since clipping is no longer a thing, I suggest this, as a way to compensate with some extra Rage building to keep up with all the changes. Without delaying the next Burst cycle, and make the rotation fully sustainable.

Otherwise, the class can still perform fine, especially in burst situations. (If handdled properly ofc)

But the flow isn't really there

Edited by Framethepicture

Honestly I don’t think this is needed. It’s not really hard to get the rage needed for he ferocity windows. If you’re having trouble I suggest to watch beast’s guide to carnage. This change would be carnage too easy to play. Currently it needs a little bit of knowledge to play which I think is good.

• 1 month later...

Though it would be nice it is counter to new carnage (post 5.0) purpose. Carnage is now (since 5.0) a burst spec and not a hybrid like it used to be. One of the things they did to nerf it to put it in line with a burst spec was to nerf its resource management. Carnage used to flow which gave a lot of its sustainment. If they bring back the “flow” it will increase over all dps and therefore make the class over perform.

Trust me I know. I miss old carnage.

...(snip)... Carnage used to flow which gave a lot of its sustainment. If they bring back the “flow” .....

I, too, agree that it is a bit of a different animal than before 5.0, and the 5.6 re-work, but this statement kinda confuses me. Can you clarify what "flow" is missing? We still had to have Focus/Rage management, and TBH, I personally don't miss having to clip the end of every Master Strike/old Ravage (those were good animations, though...sigh). And we do have a tiny more maneuverability than pre 5.0. Not saying you're wrong at all! Just wanting to know what problems you see with our "flow" now, and is there a way to resolve those issues?

I think TST/DST this may be up for debate/discussion but assault? Why? I see nothing being solved or gained by doing this. Might make Annihilation pointlessly easy, but i dont really see carnage or fury benefitting from this

If you ask me I think they should make Assault and TST build 2 stacks of fury/centering.

Edited by Bonzenaattori

I, too, agree that it is a bit of a different animal than before 5.0, and the 5.6 re-work, but this statement kinda confuses me. Can you clarify what "flow" is missing? We still had to have Focus/Rage management, and TBH, I personally don't miss having to clip the end of every Master Strike/old Ravage (those were good animations, though...sigh). And we do have a tiny more maneuverability than pre 5.0. Not saying you're wrong at all! Just wanting to know what problems you see with our "flow" now, and is there a way to resolve those issues?

I was just referring to rage management. Yes there was some before but we weren’t rage starved as we are now. And because of that you could flow your abilities together instead of having to put off your burst phase and “wait” for a rage generator to come off CD. By in large it definitely comes from new gore costing so much.

I was just referring to rage management. Yes there was some before but we weren’t rage starved as we are now. And because of that you could flow your abilities together instead of having to put off your burst phase and “wait” for a rage generator to come off CD. By in large it definitely comes from new gore costing so much.

Probably due to Lance. In a situation where the choice was between TST/DST +2 focus/rage, MS/Ravage (free) and then Blast. has changed into TST MS/Ravage. Lance/Gore -3 Blaster -3/+1

That negative 3 focus/rage is a nuisance to get used to.

The painful part is the ability has no damn synergy it feels so out of place. It's like doing Blade Storm as a Watchman, you just feel stupid doing it sometimes

Edited by Bonzenaattori