Which class do you respect?

DerSchneider

I mean... I came back to the game when 4.0 was installed, and I heard bad talks about literally all classes/specs.

So, which classes annoy you and which ones do you respect? And WHY?

Here's what I commonly hear:

Guardians/Juggs are overpowered, they have 9000 lives and crazy burst (:o) and braindead rotation.

Sentinels/Maras are for kids that love glowing sticks. Annoying and stupid class.

Shadows/Assassins can CC you forever.

Sages/Sorcs - no comment

Vanguard/Powertech is best tank in the game and DPS spec has 3 buttons for easy win.

Commando/Merc has electro net which makes him overpowered (:o)

Scoundrel/Operative can't die because of jesus roll, offheals and tons or CC.

Gunslinger/Sniper is OP because you can't charge him. He also can knockback you forever.

Edited by DerSchneider

All to a degree mostly cause its the person playing the class. Most annoying class for me will forever be sins/shadows personal grudge towards them.

Jugg/guardians that know what intercede and guardian leap are and actually use it properly.

Sent maras that use dcds proerply know how to stick on a target and use pre/trans for teammates. Know what trauma is.

Sins and shadows that know how to lock down targets and properly disengage as well as time their burst.

Sages sorcs- Honestly going to just pass this one because in the past it was the ability to kite and when to barrier even bubble along with proper positioning but ya...so pass..

VG/PT proper use of cc and dcds otherwise nothing special to me tbh

Mando/Merc same as PT just lacks proper tools and output (heal spec) to do it as well. Proper net timing.

Op/Scoundrel Management of hots under pressure and cc and ability to kite and disengage.

Slinger/Snipah know how to cycle dcds and separate guarded targets. Know what trauma is

The "respect" portion though is really just based on the player tbh not so much the class in my eyes.

Frankly at this point I think every class is strong in the hands of a good player and **** in the hands of a bad player.

In general I have a lot of "respect" for someone who plays sniper/slinger in solo queue because I feel like it is the class that is most dependent on it's team to excel in the format.

I'm actually sick of the whole sorcs are OP meme, 90% of the player base cannot play the class effectively and would frankly be better off on a class with actual burst and off the gcd cool downs in solo ranked..

I have respect for anyone that peels, doesn't over extend and let their weaker/squishier teammates get 3vs1'd, utilizes dcds properly, and can utilize their class utility while performing their primary role.

Edited by alexsamma

top ratings to merc and ap pt kiting gods in solo q , you'll know 1 when you see 1.

that only applies to mercs. if a PT wants to kite just wave at him while you 4v3 his teammates. the merc, however, will sit at ranged and wreck you. so you have to pursue him. :2cents:

as a merc, my kryptonite is warriors:

• carnage marauder -- a well played carny mara is my worst nightmare b/c arsenal is very weak against white attacks, and someone who specs properly and manages CDs on a mara can circumvent every CD and snare I put on him to try to make space.
  • fury/rage marauder/juggernaut -- again, they have a powerful array of force and weapon dmg attacks that allows them to circumvent my best DCD while maintaining burst.
  • vengeance juggernaut -- when played well, he will put out much better burst than the community gives them credit for, but the real problem for arsenal merc is the inability to control him. so he can lock you down while other DPS finish you off -- worst case scenario: veng jugg locks me up while carny mara guts me. same thing with snipers getting to run through his roto on me b/c a warrior has me locked up
  • dps operatives -- roll. heal. attack. roll. heal. attack. cc. heal. attack. stealth. heal. attack. rinse. repeat. I'm not afraid of them, but it's a frustratingly stupid fight and pointless for either player 1v1 -- he's never going to kill me before I get help and vice versa.

I just respect good players above all else. At this point, I know what classes are strong and weak etc. All classes in the proper situations can shine to some degree so for me, it's how a player plays not the class that matters so much.

I personally do not respect class/spec, i respect the player behind it. I've known some good players with poor specs and some bad ones with good, its all about whats between the keyboard and monitor for me.

That having been said i have far more respect for any player that doesn't run to whatever the FOTM specs are i ever would for those who do. That does not include those who have been said spec thru thick and thin for the record, only the jumpers.

It is kind of interesting really. Sorcs actually have the highest skill cap in solo ranked but to get a decent rating on a sorc you only really need to play it at half that level of skill :) .

Also, with solo ranked the main skill is when and where to q but of course this is why x-server is needed. Even merc is good if you q at the right time!

DPS Sorcs are good in most setups however if you are playing a different class then you can still rank up rather easily if you find the right time to q. For example, if I know there will be a lot of healer/3dps matches then I would much rather be on my mara or op than my sorc. My sorc is good there but mara really excels in this type of match.

Also, if it is a tank/healer match I prefer ptech/mara/sin/sniper although dps sorc is still great.

For people like me with limited playtime (can't pick when/where/what to q) I would say the class that takes the most skill is dps op. This class is capable of carrying hard but has to play differently based on what the matchup is. If you are truly q'n blind then this class takes a fair amount of skill to still carry.

Also, I agree with the poster above about dps sorcs. I have known a lot of good players who made fun of sorcs but when they finally yolo'd with a sorc they were just completely destroyed. If you time your q's then sorc is extremely easy but if you q blind (like you should) then most people don't know how to play sorc effectively. A bad sorc is my favorite thing to see on the other team.

It is kind of interesting really. Sorcs actually have the highest skill cap in solo ranked but to get a decent rating on a sorc you only really need to play it at half that level of skill :) .

Also, with solo ranked the main skill is when and where to q but of course this is why x-server is needed. Even merc is good if you q at the right time!

DPS Sorcs are good in most setups however if you are playing a different class then you can still rank up rather easily if you find the right time to q. For example, if I know there will be a lot of healer/3dps matches then I would much rather be on my mara or op than my sorc. My sorc is good there but mara really excels in this type of match.

Also, if it is a tank/healer match I prefer ptech/mara/sin/sniper although dps sorc is still great.

For people like me with limited playtime (can't pick when/where/what to q) I would say the class that takes the most skill is dps op. This class is capable of carrying hard but has to play differently based on what the matchup is. If you are truly q'n blind then this class takes a fair amount of skill to still carry.

Also, I agree with the poster above about dps sorcs. I have known a lot of good players who made fun of sorcs but when they finally yolo'd with a sorc they were just completely destroyed. If you time your q's then sorc is extremely easy but if you q blind (like you should) then most people don't know how to play sorc effectively. A bad sorc is my favorite thing to see on the other team.

But if they aren't doing well on madness or corruption sorc, wouldn't they be doing even worse on any of the other more difficult classes? I mean sorc is the easiest class to do well on.

But if they aren't doing well on madness or corruption sorc, wouldn't they be doing even worse on any of the other more difficult classes? I mean sorc is the easiest class to do well on.

Leaving aside the current healing spec sages are easy to play but difficult to master to their full potential. The only other class I consider as such are shadows, particularly inflitration.

Its funny how ppl still defend sorcs even in the state they currently are if you take a inexperienced class that's not a sorc and put them agasint a inexperienced sadness or corruption sorc the sorcs have a far better chance of winning its the main reason why we all see so many :"bad" inexperienced sorcs today its crazy easy to get results on at higher tiers its a different story but again they are far from lacking they only start running into issues when its up agasint a sniper/pt/mara/sin/arsenal with tanks and heals.

The easiest places to do a quick fix for this is simple lower the healing output on dark heal for dps specs and at the very least so corruption sorcs won't have a fit, implement some sort of resource management for corruption that alone will have a direct hit on total hps output

Classes I hate:

ap pt

sorc heals

juggs

marauders that are to stubborn to realize that they won't solokill my scoundrelhealer and thus annoy me

But still, classes aren't really telling anything about the player playing them (heck, I play sorc myself from time to time)

Edited by aristrokratie

Seems you are on wrong thread because can't see a "defend" thread here but anyway.

Its funny how ppl still defend sorcs even in the state they currently are if you take a inexperienced class that's not a sorc and put them agasint a inexperienced sadness or corruption sorc the sorcs have a far better chance of winning its the main reason why we all see so many :"bad" inexperienced sorcs today its crazy easy to get results on at higher tiers its a different story but again they are far from lacking they only start running into issues when its up agasint a sniper/pt/mara/sin/arsenal with tanks and heals.

Why do you think class balance should be around inexperienced players?

The easiest places to do a quick fix for this is simple lower the healing output on dark heal for dps specs and at the very least so corruption sorcs won't have a fit, implement some sort of resource management for corruption that alone will have a direct hit on total hps output

Are you trying to nerf their dcds or off-healing utility? If you think that madness is overpowered then are you implying that this is due to dark heal being very strong then per your post. Don't you think that ling with way better force management is stronger than madness if dark heal is the reason? How is dark heal going t nerf/fix corruption? And why the aim is to brutally lower hps which will have impact on pve also?

Seems you are on wrong thread because can't see a "defend" thread here but anyway.

Why do you think class balance should be around inexperienced players?

Are you trying to nerf their dcds or off-healing utility? If you think that madness is overpowered then are you implying that this is due to dark heal being very strong then per your post. Don't you think that ling with way better force management is stronger than madness if dark heal is the reason? How is dark heal going t nerf/fix corruption? And why the aim is to brutally lower hps which will have impact on pve also?

Alex and DarthRaika are defending sages if you're wondering what I meant by defending

Ppl keep stating sorcs are easy to use and hard to master and say a bad sorc is their favorite thing to see which is incredibly silly to say when any other bad player behind a different class is going to do far worse then said bad sorc because their toolkit and overall healing as madness or corruption is overtunned plain and simple that is exactly why we seeeee so many sages and sorcs as madness or corruption. That has nothing to do with balancing a game around inexperienced players. Sorcs are fine in higher tiers of play where both teams have tanks and healers with proper guard swaping focus target swapping etc , they simply aren't the top dog when it comes to dpsing in that area.

I'm implying the whole toolkit is too strong currently for madness, everyone knows lighting burst and even sustain are a joke in pvp outside of polarity shift. Madness has top tier and easiest to apply cleave and passive damage in the game along with the strongest self healing having dark heal as strong as it currently is in the dps specs with how easy force is between all specs especially as madness due to its strong passive self healing. As for corruption never said anything about lower the amount of dark heal for them just dps spec as I know the majority would have a temper tantrum, what needs to be done is implement some sort of force management for corruption currently because currently its practically nonresistant, this would have no impact in pve what soever as healing sages and sorcs are already over performing in that area since 3.3.

There are really only 2 reasons sorcs and sages were not the fav for tos and rav when it came out and that being they had no 30% aoe DR talent and they had light armor could literally get loloneshot by most mechs on a majority of the bosses while it was 1000x easier on a merc because of hydraulics, sorcs had actual survival shortcomings as a class even worse off compared to melee maybe not shadows tho poor shadows....

What ppl seem to want though oddly enough is taking away sorcs utility such as barrier, phase walk, suppression, force mobility, etc and I strongly believe that is a bad bad idea from the start of the game sorcs always had good to great output in dps or healing be it as a full specc or hybrid but they always always lacked reasonable defense options on top of being the squishiest class in the game. Now that they finally have that utility to stay alive bioware felt like it was a great idea to over tune corruption and just go crazy which spilled over into madness that already used passive self healing as part of its defensive toolkit and now has access to a very strong and very efficient with no real set up requirement heal.

For me, it would be anyone who is good enough, or has enough friends to form parties, but still queues solo on principle, and actually crosses over during peak time zones when help is needed for the other faction.

Responsible veteran players who thinks more than just themselves, are so difficult to find these days.

I respect sins and shadows - coz those are the two classes I find the most difficult to play, and play against.

I respect anyone playing a merc or mando heals, or coz I know how hard they can be to perform well.

Any heals that knock off the debuffs.

Any class that uses CC effectively, and doesn't break it.

I respect snipers and Gunslingers, coz there are so few around these days, and it's pretty thankless, and hard to perform well and actually kill stuff with so many teams stacking guards and heals.

I respect anyone who plays ranked. - Coz I really don't care for the arena format.:)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

For me, it's very difficult to tell the difference between a mediocre and a highly skilled Sorc, jugg, and PT.

Bads are easy to tell apart regardless of class, but you can really see the skill of the player, in my opinion on these classes above all else, so I respect these guys when I see this:

Carnage or Anni Maras

IO Mercs

Engi or Viru Snipers

DPS and real Darkness Assassins

Lethality Operatives

Alex and DarthRaika are defending sages if you're wondering what I meant by defending

Ppl keep stating sorcs are easy to use and hard to master and say a bad sorc is their favorite thing to see which is incredibly silly to say when any other bad player behind a different class is going to do far worse then said bad sorc because their toolkit and overall healing as madness or corruption is overtunned plain and simple that is exactly why we seeeee so many sages and sorcs as madness or corruption. That has nothing to do with balancing a game around inexperienced players. Sorcs are fine in higher tiers of play where both teams have tanks and healers with proper guard swaping focus target swapping etc , they simply aren't the top dog when it comes to dpsing in that area.

I'm implying the whole toolkit is too strong currently for madness, everyone knows lighting burst and even sustain are a joke in pvp outside of polarity shift. Madness has top tier and easiest to apply cleave and passive damage in the game along with the strongest self healing having dark heal as strong as it currently is in the dps specs with how easy force is between all specs especially as madness due to its strong passive self healing. As for corruption never said anything about lower the amount of dark heal for them just dps spec as I know the majority would have a temper tantrum, what needs to be done is implement some sort of force management for corruption currently because currently its practically nonresistant, this would have no impact in pve what soever as healing sages and sorcs are already over performing in that area since 3.3.

There are really only 2 reasons sorcs and sages were not the fav for tos and rav when it came out and that being they had no 30% aoe DR talent and they had light armor could literally get loloneshot by most mechs on a majority of the bosses while it was 1000x easier on a merc because of hydraulics, sorcs had actual survival shortcomings as a class even worse off compared to melee maybe not shadows tho poor shadows....

What ppl seem to want though oddly enough is taking away sorcs utility such as barrier, phase walk, suppression, force mobility, etc and I strongly believe that is a bad bad idea from the start of the game sorcs always had good to great output in dps or healing be it as a full specc or hybrid but they always always lacked reasonable defense options on top of being the squishiest class in the game. Now that they finally have that utility to stay alive bioware felt like it was a great idea to over tune corruption and just go crazy which spilled over into madness that already used passive self healing as part of its defensive toolkit and now has access to a very strong and very efficient with no real set up requirement heal.

Ah ok, must have missed these posts. Yes I agree with your comments. I don't think there is anything to say about sage healers, they are by far superior to the other two in pvp. But I think hat nerfing dark heal will make nothing to them, there are other ways to deal with it. Also with the dps specs, and in particular madness as it is by far he most viable and common spec for arenas, I think that offhealing is stronger that the other two due to being able to maintain it for much longer continuously, even as madness, and not because of its raw number. Could increase its cost, could apply 3-4s stackable debuffs that increase its cost when healing someone else, etc. In terms of raw numbers there was a period in 3.x I think that it was unnecessarily buffed to very strong numbers, and then nerfed back to what it used to be and is now.