Disappointed at the New Chapter(Spoilers)

Slowpokeking

And still no-one in-universe is willing to entertain the idea that we lost because of Valkorian. We were beating Arcann like a rented drum until the cut-scene.

Despite the annoying "cut-scene incompetence", I loved the new chapter... after Valkorian left. His constant "you're nothing without me" BS is ridiculous. We killed him. Twice.

I'm not convinced that Marr and Satele are right, and (call me paranoid) but are we sure Marr's ghost is Marr and not Valkorian? He knows we're unlikely to listen to him so he pretends to be someone we actually like.

It was nice to see them though :)

The Odeesan Wilds are gorgeous.

Fighting vision-Vaylin should have been awesome... except it glitched on me the first time and she ended up falling through the planet so I had to run away until the encounter reset. Second time, everything behaved.

My only complaint with the new Arcann-buster lightsabre is that I couldn't make two of them. I'm a Jedi Sentinel. I should be able to make twin lightsabres. :p

I also loved the cliffhanger at the end. It's got me itching for Chapter XIII so we can go save Havoc Squad... and I suppose save Kaliyo..

One comment Can I please just let Kaliyo die?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely hope we have to sacrifice one to save the other.

hate kaliyo so much. she's one of the absolutely worst people that has ever been written. not in terms of how good the writing relating to her is, but her character as a person. the skytrooper guy got it right, she's betrayal and deceit personified.

I think the data-miner people were hinting (strongly) that how you handled Jorgan and Kaliyo in chapter XII determines which one makes it and which one doesn't in XIII... or XIV... or whenever we find out how their mission actually went. Honestly though, if XIII is anything other than going in after Jorgan & Kaliyo, I will be disappointed in Bioware.

We don't leave our people behind (and by "our people" I mostly mean Jorgan in this case).

I also loved the cliffhanger at the end. It's got me itching for Chapter XIII so we can go save Havoc Squad... and I suppose save Kaliyo.

Yeah, forget her, Aric is the one I'm saving if I have the choice. Even my Agent, who I had be friends with her because she had to play nice, would pick Aric. At least he would never share top secret information about the Outlander to the highest bidder.

I think the data-miner people were hinting (strongly) that how you handled Jorgan and Kaliyo in chapter XII determines which one makes it and which one doesn't in XIII... or XIV... or whenever we find out how their mission actually went. Honestly though, if XIII is anything other than going in after Jorgan & Kaliyo, I will be disappointed in Bioware.

We don't leave our people behind (and by "our people" I mostly mean Jorgan in this case).

They're not left behind, they manage to make their escape. Your choice in chapter 12 just changes who you get to punish.

They're not left behind, they manage to make their escape. Your choice in chapter 12 just changes who you get to punish.

Speaking as someone from a military family, there had better be punishments for Aric. My SW sent Kaliyo in partially to gain control and partially because some missions need a stealthy touch. The second things went wrong, Aric decides to jump in, ignore orders and put his entire squad at risk. Despite what you see in the movies, that is demotion material if not courtmartial. As it stands, my SW is going to have to risk more resources and lives to pull Kaliyo AND Havoc squad out.

My Trooper is married to Aric and loves him dearly but I can't see her letting that go without a severe ***-chewing so I'm sure that the SW is going to be looking at promoting Aric's second (if she survives) and rotating Aric to general infantry. (My SW isn't light side but isn't hard dark either. As such, this isn't really death sentence material.)

Sometimes, I wish Bioware or other publishers had a few people from the military just so they could look at stuff like this and say "No, that's stupid. Aric has been in long enough to understand chain of command as well as the risks of sending the entire squad in immediately after Kaliyo MAY BE getting captured." (It'd be funny if chapter 13 opens with Kaliyo comming back and saying "Sorry, lost connection for a minute as I moved to cover. Had to duck some skytroopers but I can still ma-" *Explosion in the background* "WHAT THE HELL IS HAVOC DOING?!?") In other words, as the Marines (and the British military, I think) say "7 Ps. Proper Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance."

Speaking as someone from a military family, there had better be punishments for Aric. My SW sent Kaliyo in partially to gain control and partially because some missions need a stealthy touch. The second things went wrong, Aric decides to jump in, ignore orders and put his entire squad at risk. Despite what you see in the movies, that is demotion material if not courtmartial. As it stands, my SW is going to have to risk more resources and lives to pull Kaliyo AND Havoc squad out.

My Trooper is married to Aric and loves him dearly but I can't see her letting that go without a severe ***-chewing so I'm sure that the SW is going to be looking at promoting Aric's second (if she survives) and rotating Aric to general infantry. (My SW isn't light side but isn't hard dark either. As such, this isn't really death sentence material.)

Sometimes, I wish Bioware or other publishers had a few people from the military just so they could look at stuff like this and say "No, that's stupid. Aric has been in long enough to understand chain of command as well as the risks of sending the entire squad in immediately after Kaliyo MAY BE getting captured." (It'd be funny if chapter 13 opens with Kaliyo comming back and saying "Sorry, lost connection for a minute as I moved to cover. Had to duck some skytroopers but I can still ma-" *Explosion in the background* "WHAT THE HELL IS HAVOC DOING?!?") In other words, as the Marines (and the British military, I think) say "7 Ps. Proper Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance."

I think the one you don't assign to the main mission is the one to be punished, as that is the one who denies your orders and goes rouge.

I think the one you don't assign to the main mission is the one to be punished, as that is the one who denies your orders and goes rouge.

Good because it's one thing for a mission to go pear-shaped. It's another for someone to recklessly disobey orders and put everything at risk.

As for the other points in the topic:

The novelization of Ep. 3 goes a little further into why Order 66 worked. The summary is twofold. The Jedi were surrounded by violence and death on the battlefield which meant that the Dark Side was clouding their awareness. Also, to the clones, there was no malice to the order. It was (for most of them) just an order to be carried out. As such, they had no more ill intent than you would have against a banana that you're peeling.

-------------------------------------------

Yeah, my Smuggler is going to have real problems with that. Her goals have always been:

1) Personal Freedom

2) Credits

3) Some small measure of goodness towards others. (She's no angel. But, while she's still neutral, she's closer to Light 1 than Dark 1.)

Taking the Throne is something that she'd see as enslavement.

Most of my characters (except for the SI) aren't really people who want to take thrones.

-------------------------------------

Of course, that is presuming that Satele and Marr are on the up-and-up. For now, I believe it is them but it is peculiar that they should show up as Valk disappears and say a lot of the same things that he's saying. Given that we've seen the Force create a Vaylin apparition....Well, for now, I'm treating them as them but it is peculiar.

Of course, I'm unwilling to accept any discussion of destiny if it doesn't include "And you are destined to shoot Saresh in the face." so my perception might be colored by the fact that neither of them mention that.

------------------------------

With the new Lightsaber, the weapon doesn't seem to have effects outside of KOTFE. The ability does mention having extra effects against Arcann. Also, I noticed that my mastery and endurance are in the green. (I chose trancendence) I'm not sure if they were green before and I hadn't noticed but it is possible that we got an ability boost.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns

Would they really freak out? And not just simply tell the three to bugger off. "I'm not a ruler, I'm turning that fleet into scrap metal. Might take the throne though, looks like a very comfy chair"

I agree. If I take my Inquisitor into KotFE, my plan will be to crash the Eternal Fleet into Zakuul and take the chair with me when I leave to go replace Darth Acina ;)

I agree. If I take my Inquisitor into KotFE, my plan will be to crash the Eternal Fleet into Zakuul and take the chair with me when I leave to go replace Darth Acina ;)

"Outlander, the ship is going up in flames around us! We need to get to th-"

"Hold that thought, I'm taking the chair"

Correct me if I wrong, but was it not mentioned that Outlander is not bound by destiny? Which makes all that sudden nudging to “but you must” somewhat jarring. Biting in the *** decisions are fine as long as you are not locked into flat “what” ending without any ability to negate the damage. Foreshadowing is awesome if it's not hidden among the pile of red herrings. Right now KoFE is full of Chekhov guns and any may fire in any direction or explode in your hands or be totally forgotten by writers. And since loading a previous save is not an option I am not playing KoFE on my main anymore.

Yes, Eternal Throne Mount!

I hope there isn't too much requirements to be able to choose the Green ending. My character already is a cyborg anyway.

Ohhhh, is it time to come up with a “Brainwashing” theory? Like you are still frozen and Valki Sue is playing with your mind! He wants a new body and if you will let him to possess yourself willingly he will be more comfortable? And it do not matter if you knelled, he can not move in just yet, he needs to renovate a house a little bit so it will not explode because Valki is just so awesome and powerful. That was a joke btw :)

And still no-one in-universe is willing to entertain the idea that we lost because of Valkorian. We were beating Arcann like a rented drum until the cut-scene.

Perhaps this will sound strange, but I don't think you can count gameplay as an accurate representation of lore, unless we are to believe that our characters can survive hundreds upon thousands of blaster bolts, and light saber swings hitting them.

I am so desperately tired of every other writer deciding that the 'light side / dark side' divide is stupid and trying to come up with their own. Usually it turns out to be crap, and no other writer touches it again. We get it, you want to be different. How about writing a good story instead of delving into your own new half-baked philosophy, and ramming it down our throats?

Also... I'm curious, how does this story feel/play out to the other four classes that aren't force users? I can't imagine a bounty hunter or a Trooper really caring about 'forging a lightsaber' or 'becoming connected to the Force'. Does the story change any, or has Bioware just decided 'anyone who isn't a force user is icky and stupid, so let's pretend they are'?

i'm fine with there being a light and dark side, but i hate that it's black and white good and evil most of the time.

i also would like the oogey boogey god crap out of the force. i'd like it to be like fel and arcane have been revealed to be in warcraft, two sides of the same thing, not religious crap, just power to be used like any other.

That is simply not what the Force is. Being mystical, mysterious and "religious" has always been part of the basic concept of the Force from the first movie. Star Wars is not and was never traditional hard sci-fi where everything is demystified or explained absolutely and clearly. It is science fantasy.

Correct me if I wrong, but was it not mentioned that Outlander is not bound by destiny?

No. The Scions made a point of hammering home the idea that The Outlander is still bound by destiny even though they couldn't see what it was.

Edited by OldVengeance

This is what my SI wants to do. Take control of the fleet, pulverise Zakuul with it. Then turn the ships against each other and blow all that up.

Not a trace of Zakuul must exist.